ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme and divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BMDNL1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU Settlement Scheme and divorce

Post by BMDNL1 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:51 am

Hi Members am in a dilemma and need help. Married to my non eu wife in March 2020. Since 2020,it’s been fighting refusals in tribunals untill EUSS family permit was granted to wife and my adult step children. The 3.5 years of long distance relationship as well as the stress of fighting appeals in courts has taken a toll on our marriage! In these 3.5 years…I converted to Islam.
My wife and her children a month ago arrived in the UK with the EUSS family permit…at the border,officials concerned about over crowding since I have a one bedroom flat.Consequently,my friend offered her 4 bedroom house where my wife can stay for the moment and her kids and I remain at my adress with my children!
When I went to where she is staying…I found her preparing pork which I had warned her not to do….in a nutshell,the stress of the 3.5 years plus my conversion to Islam from Christianity has caused damage to our marriage.
If I divorce or Seperate with her…what are the repurcussions for me as sponsor and her as my dependent….Please advise accordingly. Thank you

secret.simon

Re: EU Settlement Scheme and divorce

Post by secret.simon » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:07 pm

For how long have the two of you been legally married?

And how many of those years have been in the UK?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

BMDNL1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by BMDNL1 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 am

Marriage is 4 years. Wife just arrived in UK and my step kids now about two months….

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 am

I think the wife and step-children need the marriage to have lasted more than three years, with at least one year residence in the UK to qualify to retain the right of residence in the UK. But wait for others to advise.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.