ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Preparation Status for Visa Extension Application ROB

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EnthusiasticWait1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Preparation Status for Visa Extension Application ROB

Post by EnthusiasticWait1 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:37 pm

Dear All Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to update you on the progress of my visa extension application under the Representative of an Overseas Business visa category here in the UK. My current visa is set to expire on May 1st, and while I await the biometrics appointment, I have been diligently gathering all necessary documents to support my application.

To ensure a comprehensive submission, I have compiled the following documents:

1. Personal Documents:
- Passport
- DVLA documentation
- GP letter

2. Financial Documentation:
- Payslips for the last 12 months
- P60s
- Rental Agreement
- Bank statements

3. Business Documentation for Genuineness:
- Business bank statements
- Submission of accounts for the past 3 years
- VAT returns for the last 3 months
- Employees' payslips
- Invoices
- Business rental agreement

4. Additional Business Documents:
- Business insurance
- Employer liability documentation
- Letter from accountant
- Incorporation certificate
- Share certificates
- ICO certificate
- Google address confirmation
- Website screenshots

5. Confirmation of Role Continuation:
- Letter from the parent company affirming my continued role

While I have gathered all necessary documentation, I must admit feeling a bit apprehensive regarding the accounts from the previous year. The construction industry experienced a slowdown, leading to unexpected financial results. However, I want to reassure you that despite this, the company remains financially stable and capable of meeting its obligations, including employee salaries.
I would greatly appreciate any input or suggestions you may have regarding potential missing documents or any other aspects of the application process. Your support during this time is invaluable, and I am grateful for your assistance.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Best regards,

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Preparation Status for Visa Extension Application ROB

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 pm

Measuring financial stability and understanding annual accounts is not the strongest skillset of many caseworkers. BUT on the upside that does not always mean they look at the information negatively either.

If the business is not in profit you need a commitment from the parent company to continue to fund and invest in the business. It does not have to be at the detail of a business plan, more of a we have set aside £xxxx to continue the business in the UK.

If the company is breaking even or in profit no matter how small, there is not much of an issue. UNLESS it is very obvious the business is not self supporting and is solely being held up by increasing creditors.

Any business in its early stages, the first 2-3 years on trading & particularly entering the UK market from overseas is not expected to be intially highly profitable. I would not worry too much about the percentages of profit, or return on investment or absolute liquidity.

EnthusiasticWait1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by EnthusiasticWait1 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:11 am

The documents I've provided are adequate, and there's no need for profit/loss requirements. However, let's review them anyway. The parent company is fully aligned with all the details and remains ready to invest. Currently, the business is self-supported. The provided documents are precise enough to understand the business model. Do you believe this list of documents is satisfactory?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:45 am

Based on your description I believe you should meet the documentary requirements. Obviously I can’t comment on the content of the documents but I think you will be good.

EnthusiasticWait1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by EnthusiasticWait1 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:39 pm

Hello,

As you may know from my previous post, I applied for an extension of my Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa. I received several requests for additional documents and information from the Home Office, all of which I managed to provide. However, I recently received another inquiry regarding multiple deposits made into my business bank account. The Home Office is asking for the reasons behind these deposits.

I clarified that these funds were investments from the parent company. In response, they requested evidence of these investments. I provided an accountant’s letter confirming that the funds were accounted for as a director's loan and disclosed in the accounts submitted with my application, further confirming that these amounts were invested by the parent company.

Now, they have sent a third inquiry asking for evidence such as bank statements highlighting these transactions. The situation is that the money came from the parent company but, due to long procedures and issues with the Pakistani government, the funds were exchanged in Pakistan. Specifically, they were converted from PKR to GBP using cash methods since cheques or bank transfers were not accepted. The funds were then deposited into my personal bank account in Pakistan (a foreign account in GBP). Subsequently, the funds were transferred to my personal UK account and then periodically sent to the business account as needed. The total amount is not substantial.

So far, I have provided an accountant’s letter and the yearly accounts for 2023, where the exact amounts are shown. However, the statements from my Pakistani GBP account do not indicate that the funds were submitted by the parent company.

What additional documentation or evidence should I provide to satisfy the Home Office’s requirements? Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you..

Saiam
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Saiam » Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:34 am

Hi
I applied for Sole Rep Extension at ist-june 2024. With all documents ,Payslips/Accounts/Uk-company doc/Parent Company DOc/everything according to plan. At 26-June they asked to my solcitior for some required documents from Parnet company letter,Uk whole independent proof and account letter. I provide with evidence and explaantion . Exact after 7 days ,again received another email with 10 new pionts.
All are about operationl question alond evidences of business and its transaction . I attached already before again they asked. I attached invocies-sales-contracts chat and email and also office and warehouse pictures and also gave all business online accounts .
Again too many documents . Now the question is that how much they will required more documents and evodences.
The Visa officer asked two times and we attached all things with evidence and doc according to his pionts.
Some people said they are very restic in extension . I am worried .

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 07, 2024 4:19 pm

It is very much on a case by case basis. The Home Office shouldn’t be asking repeatedly for documents you have already sent, perhaps you should tackle them about that?

Saiam
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Saiam » Thu Aug 08, 2024 11:39 pm

Infact ,appearently it looked very simple but this track is only for genuine business and genuine ROB. Openning bank account and running business is so big task . luckly i opened account as per our business structre and also run as per plan .
One of friend got Visa after 3 years of sole rep at JR . Now no one bank is ready to open bank account.If he transfered share then company structre got change and will be problem in extension . HO should understand this track is too old but they required today up to date things .