ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS Status changed to USED and Applicant Migration Status Changed to Granted

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saqibsarwani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

COS Status changed to USED and Applicant Migration Status Changed to Granted

Post by saqibsarwani » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 pm

Hi Fellows,
I have applied for skilled worker visa on 4th April and have not received any confirmation about my VISA Decision yet. However, My employer confirmed me three days back that COS Status changed from Assigned to USED and Migrant Application Status field showing value ''Granted''. Is this mean Visa is granted or it shows that so far they have validated my COS only? Any information on this will be much appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: COS Status changed to USED and Applicant Migration Status Changed to Granted

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:09 pm

saqibsarwani wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:06 pm
Hi Fellows,
I have applied for skilled worker visa on 4th April and have not received any confirmation about my VISA Decision yet. However, My employer confirmed me three days back that COS Status changed from Assigned to USED and Migrant Application Status field showing value ''Granted''. Is this mean Visa is granted or it shows that so far they have validated my COS only? Any information on this will be much appreciated.
Wait to get your visa decision to confirm. No one on here can tell you visa is granted.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: COS Status changed to USED and Applicant Migration Status Changed to Granted

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:00 am

When it changes to USED that means the caseworker has actioned the case. All COS should have this update when the caseworker progresses as case.
The granted update on SMS would suggest it has been approved HOWEVER until you receive the official grant you cannot depend on the granted status on SMS.

saqibsarwani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by saqibsarwani » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:39 am

Thanks for the reply. Waiting and fingers crossed

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Post by jay.ho » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:28 pm

Any update on from your ends

tharun
Newly Registered
India

Post by tharun » Fri May 31, 2024 3:14 pm

what is the update ? i have same question

Irfanlibra2017
United Kingdom

Post by Irfanlibra2017 » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:40 pm

We had the same case. Status changed to granted in sms. Later we received the visa after 5 days.