ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing instructions for biometric appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Roger1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Not heard back after sending documents for MN1 application

Post by Roger1988 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:38 pm

I applied for citizenship for my daughter from abroad (MN1). DHL say our documents arrived 2 weeks ago but ive not received any confirmation of recipt from the home office. I got the automated payment confirmation about 3 weeks ago. Is this normal? I just want to know they got our documents.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Not heard back after sending documents for MN1 application

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:53 pm

They would have chased
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Roger1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Roger1988 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:55 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:53 pm
They would have chased
What do you mean?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:47 pm

Application must have been received and being acted on for payment to be taken.
It's not in all instances that acknowledgement is received.

Roger1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Roger1988 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:02 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:47 pm
Application must have been received and being acted on for payment to be taken.
It's not in all instances that acknowledgement is received.
Both the payment receipt and my credit card statment show that payment was made a week before they for my documents so I think that what you said is incorrect, atleast in my situation.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:13 pm

Sorry didn't actually finish my earlier post.

What I meant was they would have chased for the documents by now.

But you have the the delivery confirmation from DHL (for an address in Liverpool I assume?). So I would expect they have the documents.
Unfortunately the communications from UKVI are often patchy and they don't give any process updates. Next comms is the approval.
Some people get confirmations immediately, some later on, some never.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Roger1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Roger1988 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:22 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:13 pm
Sorry didn't actually finish my earlier post.

What I meant was they would have chased for the documents by now.

But you have the the delivery confirmation from DHL (for an address in Liverpool I assume?). So I would expect they have the documents.
Unfortunately the communications from UKVI are often patchy and they don't give any process updates. Next comms is the approval.
Some people get confirmations immediately, some later on, some never.
I see. Thanks. By approval you mean approval of the MN1 application? I think they need to send us for biometrics first. Its reassuring to hear that they dont provide much communication, atleast i know the lack of response ive had is probably normal.

Roger1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

MN1 request for additional documentd

Post by Roger1988 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:58 am

I applied from abroad last month for my daughter. If I get a request for additional documents, can I reply to the email to ask a question if somthing is not clear, or is it a no reply email address?

Also, how long do they give you to provide the documents? If i need to go abroad for 2 weeks for work will they grant me an extension?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 request for additional documentd

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:19 pm

Roger1988 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:58 am
I applied from abroad last month for my daughter. If I get a request for additional documents, can I reply to the email to ask a question if somthing is not clear, or is it a no reply email address? The email is to provide the documents that was requested, not an enquiry channel especially of its got nothing to do with what is being requested off you.

Also, how long do they give you to provide the documents? This is usually stated in the email; some 10days others 14days it varies. If i need to go abroad for 2 weeks for work will they grant me an extension? Can you make clearer what your question is?

Roger1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Roger1988 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:28 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:19 pm
Roger1988 wrote:
I applied from abroad last month for my daughter. If I get a request for additional documents, can I reply to the email to ask a question if somthing is not clear, or is it a no reply email address? The email is to provide the documents that was requested, not an enquiry channel especially of its got nothing to do with what is being requested off you.

Also, how long do they give you to provide the documents? This is usually stated in the email; some 10days others 14days it varies. If i need to go abroad for 2 weeks for work will they grant me an extension? Can you make clearer what your question is?
I am applying from abroad so documents are by post. The question was, if the instructions they give by email are not clear, can I email them back to ask or is it a no reply email address?

Second question is can I get extension for time to provide documents if im away on a work trip at the time they write to me?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:34 pm

Roger1988 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:28 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:19 pm
Roger1988 wrote:

I am applying from abroad so documents are by post. The question was, if the instructions they give by email are not clear, can I email them back to ask or is it a no reply email address? Yes you can seek clarification, if the mail of origin is "no reply" read the email further you will see which address to reply to.

Second question is can I get extension for time to provide documents if im away on a work trip at the time they write to me? Yes you can ask for extension of time to provide document and clearly stating reason why you need it.

Roger1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

How long does it take to get a response from the citizenship.support email address?

Post by Roger1988 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:13 pm

I emailed a question to the citizenship.support email address and have not yet had a response aftet 4 days. Anyone whos recentley emailed them, how long did it take to receive a response?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: How long does it take to get a response from the citizenship.support email address?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:16 pm

UKVI response times vary widely from immediate to never.

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How long does it take to get a response from the citizenship.support email address?

Post by Br28016 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:07 am

My view is they are particularly bad at responding.

Wife applied for citizenship from abroad and any requests for confirmation of document receipt were never answered.

I think that they take the line that only get an answer if applying from within the UK. Also wont get any updates within the six month period that they have to answer.

Worth doing a subject access request as that may reveal something. Wife's subject access request had comment that documents put in folder where I suspect they stayed for six months when we raised complaints and got MP involved. Subject access request may also reveal what has been scanned which may give you a clue as to whether documents have been recieved.

Applying from abroad seems to take longer - think in wife's case about 7 months and biometrics is a bit more complicated as home office have to contact you to organise. First sign that something happening and sure more than a month after application payment and submission.

We found didn't get any responses until after the six month period was up and complaints could be raised.

Roger1988
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Confusing instructions for biometric appointment

Post by Roger1988 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:47 pm

I need to take my 6 year old daughter for biometrics abroad for the MN1 citizenship application. I am on the section of the TLS connect website where it requests applicant details. It states "For OBCE child applications please enter the name of the responsable adult that will attend the appointment on behalf of the child..." However, directley below it states "please remember only childrens details are required and not the parents". This has left me confused!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Confusing instructions for biometric appointment

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:06 am

Eneter your name when explicitly requested - other than that enter child's details.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.