ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse / Family Visa - Income of spouse who is being sponsored

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

teeekay
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK Spouse / Family Visa - Income of spouse who is being sponsored

Post by teeekay » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:23 am

Hi,
I am planning to return to UK and sponsor my wife and kids to settle with me in UK.

My wife permanently works as graphic designer in the tech industry. She works from home permanently and has been employed with current employer for over 3 years. She intends to work remotely for the same employer once she is in UK and her employer also wants to retain her services once we move.

In light of the recently increased financial / income / savings requirement for the UK National to bring the family into the UK i want to ask;

Can we use my wife's income to meet the financial requirement of UK Spouse Visa in addition to (a) my income and (b) our savings?

secret.simon

Re: UK Spouse / Family Visa - Income of spouse who is being sponsored

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:11 pm

Appendix FM and Appendix HM Armed Forces: minimum income requirement guidance wrote:Sources for meeting the financial requirement
Where the applicant has to meet the minimum income requirement, the financial requirement can generally be met in the following 5 ways:

income from salaried or non-salaried employment of the partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) - this is referred to as Category A or Category B, depending on the employment history

non-employment income, for example, income from property rental or dividends from shares - this is referred to as Category C

cash savings of the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant, above £16,000, held by the partner and/or the applicant for at least 6 months and under their control - this is referred to as Category D

state (UK or foreign), occupational or private pension of the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant - this is referred to as Category E

income from self-employment, and income as a director or employee of a specified limited company in the UK, of the partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) - this is referred to as Category F or Category G, depending on which financial year or years, is or are being relied upon
Note that the income of the British citizen sponsor is also meant to have either been earned in the UK or, if they are abroad, they need to meet the minimum income requirement abroad AND have a job offer in the UK starting within three months that meets the income requirement.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.