ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Help in APplication

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Toxic
Pakistan

Naturalisation Help in APplication

Post by Toxic » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:13 am

Hi,

Pls can someone help me in how to answer the below:

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?

I believe i fulfill the staturary requirements but i am not sure shall i write this as yes or no?

Anyone could pls point me in the right direction?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Help in APplication

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:43 am

Toxic wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:13 am
Hi,

If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?

I believe i fulfill the staturary requirements but i am not sure shall i write this as yes or no?

My opinion is that this is a question you reflect on as you are the one who knows your personal, social, economic, family etc circumstances to be able to.say if or not you have got a special circumstances that should be considered.
As you said you believe you fulfill statutory requirements then answer accordingly and carry on.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:36 am

Toxic wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:13 am
Hi,

If you fulfil statutory requirements and don't require discretion answer NO.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:01 pm

Hi
Am just filling in the referee form.

Silly question... But is the picture to be put on referee form mine (applicant) and not of the referee right?
And the name of the applicant would be my name?

And in the end where it says referee declaration; thats where the name and signature of my referee would go in? Right?

Does the referee form has to be dated before the online submission of the application or anytime before the biometric appointment date is fine?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:46 pm

Toxic wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:01 pm
Hi

Silly question... But is the picture to be put on referee form mine (applicant) and not of the referee right? Correct - your pic.
And the name of the applicant would be my name? Yes of course ....

And in the end where it says referee declaration; thats where the name and signature of my referee would go in? Right? Correct

Does the referee form has to be dated before the online submission of the application or anytime before the biometric appointment date is fine? Can be dated anytime up until when you upload your documents, but get it signed ASAP after online submission.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Toxic
Pakistan

Post by Toxic » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:38 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:46 pm
Toxic wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:01 pm
Hi

Silly question... But is the picture to be put on referee form mine (applicant) and not of the referee right? Correct - your pic.
And the name of the applicant would be my name? Yes of course ....

And in the end where it says referee declaration; thats where the name and signature of my referee would go in? Right? Correct

Does the referee form has to be dated before the online submission of the application or anytime before the biometric appointment date is fine? Can be dated anytime up until when you upload your documents, but get it signed ASAP after online submission.
Thank you