ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mn1 application .. 2 Q

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kumar9363
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

health surcharge & Referee

Post by Kumar9363 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 am

Hello experts - please advice

my child born in june 2019 & i received ILR IN AUG 2019. now iam applying for MN1 1(3) . do i need to pay health surcharge for them and one referee should be in profeesion if it is for child. i asked doctor he said no , asked teacher she said - cant do as i dont know from 3 years . they are in reception now. can i take other referee will it be any problem. thanks in advance for ur time and advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: health surcharge & Referee

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:22 am

There is no IHS payable for citizenship applicarions. It is only payable for visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:29 am

Kumar9363 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 am

my child born in june 2019 & i received ILR IN AUG 2019. now iam applying for MN1 1(3) . do i need to pay health surcharge for them and one referee should be in profeesion if it is for child. i asked doctor he said no , asked teacher she said - cant do as i dont know from 3 years . they are in reception now. can i take other referee will it be any problem. thanks in advance for ur time and advice
You can use another referee (eg a family friend who knows the child and works in a job on the professional list). It is a common issue well known to UKVI.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Kumar9363
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kumar9363 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:30 am

Thank you cr001 and svy .

as my child is in reception can i get teacher from nursery - who knows my kid from last year . will it be ok if i give referee from previous class teacher .

( OR IS STRICKLLY 3 years )

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:03 pm

If a child is very young their teacher that has known them for one year seems reasonable to me but I wouldn't be able to say for sure.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Kumar9363
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

health surcharge for mn1

Post by Kumar9363 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:40 pm

Hello Experts -
* i posted it before - but i thing i missed some information.

my child born in July 2019 and i got ILR in august 2019 .child never travelled out the country . now I AM applying British citizenship mn1 1(3) .

my main concern is - 1) i read some where if child is born in uk . NH's services are for 3 months only. you need pay health surcharge after that.

2)- i haven't paid any health charge from birth till date for vaccination, any sick treatment in GP.

IS ANY THING I CAN CALL NOW AND PAY BEFORE APPLYING FOR MN1.

Please your past experience and advice is much appreciated and helpful . Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Re: health surcharge for mn1

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:46 pm

There's no requirement for MN1 to have any kind of "health surcharge", I believe you mean IHS - that's only for visa holders. You will need to arrange a private insurance policy for your child until she has been registered as British, this is not part of IHS or mandated for MN1 or for nationality applications in general.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Kumar9363
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kumar9363 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 pm

Thank you alterhase 58 .

my question is not about paying IHS NOW.
. it s clear no need to pay for mn1 application .

it is about paying in the past when my child was born. is there any rule something like that which i missed.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:10 pm

Were you ever asked to pay IHS for child? If not then child wasn't liable to pay IHS.
It's a compulsory charge for visa applicants - you can't pay it voluntarily. Others may be able to point to a rule, if there's one.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Kumar9363
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kumar9363 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:41 pm

From April 2015 babies born in the UK are not entitled to free healthcare from the age of 3 months old, unless it is emergency treatment. In order to access healthcare parents of babies born in the UK will need to make an immigration application within the first 3 months of the child’s life and pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.

If you have a child born in the UK, or are due to have a child shortly,

Kumar9363
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Mn1 application .. 2 Q

Post by Kumar9363 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:31 am

Hello All,

i have 2 doubts when applying for mn1 online application.
1) parents immigration STATUS

Are you relying on ur parents permeant residence (either as an EEA national OR the family member of an EEA national)as evidence of there settled status in uk .

is this yes or no
( Is this for EEA national only or for everybody. Am from India.)

2)other information at the end

Any information means what else information should be given .

Thanks in advance all . your experience advice will be helpful.

Kumar9363
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kumar9363 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:31 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:29 am
Kumar9363 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 am

You can use another referee (eg a family friend who knows the child and works in a job on the professional list). It is a common issue well known to UKVI.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi Svy i saw your comments in other section about Ihs - uk born child with no passport or visa need to pay Ihs fee . its free for 3 months only.

my question my son is 4 1/2 now with no passport or visa still used Nhs gp & emergency service. nhs havent send me any letter to pay. is there any way to find . now iam applying for Mn1 application .

( my baby born just 31 days before my ilr) .

please suggest . Thank you

Kumar9363
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kumar9363 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:50 am

hi Svy i saw your comments in other section about Ihs - uk born child with no passport or visa need to pay Ihs fee . its free for 3 months only.

my question my son is 4 1/2 now with no passport or visa still used Nhs gp & emergency service. nhs havent send me any letter to pay. is there any way to find . now iam applying for Mn1 application .

( my baby born just 31 days before my ilr) .

please suggest . Thank you

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Mn1 application .. 2 Q

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:13 am

If you used the NHS with ho private health insurance and without an entitlement to it you have to pay. I am not an expert in determining who is entitled to the NHS for free and who isn't, your child wasn't born a UK citizen as he was born before your ILR.

Kumar9363
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kumar9363 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:15 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:46 pm
There's no requirement for MN1 to have any kind of "health surcharge", I believe you mean IHS - that's only for visa holders. You will need to arrange a private insurance policy for your child until she has been registered as British, this is not part of IHS or mandated for MN1 or for nationality applications in general.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi what if - havent aware of private insurance policy and used Nhs & A-e .but havent received any letter from nhs to pay for treatment . now applying for mn1 . what to do now

The_Boss
Newly Registered
India

Post by The_Boss » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:05 pm

Hi Kumar9363,

I am in a similar situation as you are. Have you applied for your child's MN1? What's with the healthcare situation ? Did you opt for any private health insurance ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sasank

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:28 pm

The_Boss wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:05 pm
Hi Kumar9363,

I am in a similar situation as you are. Have you applied for your child's MN1? What's with the healthcare situation ? Did you opt for any private health insurance ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sasank
You need to separate "health care" from MN1.

MN1 hasn't got any requirements for health care insurance evidence.

If a child doesn't have immigration status then there's the potential that the NHS may charge for treatment (not normally including GP and A&E). In the current climate the NHS is legally required to recoup treatment costs wherever possible. And this would apply even when an MN1 application is in progress (nationality applications don't confer any status on applicants until an application is approved, the person has proof of British citizenship). The fact that some people haven't been charged doesn't mean that you/child won't be charged.

The_Boss
Newly Registered
India

Post by The_Boss » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:47 pm

@ alterhase58

Is it fine to have the child, who's born in the UK, reside in the UK without a legal residence status while their citizenship application (MN1) is under progress ? I've got my ILR in Feb 24, and the current dependent status of my child is coming to an end in June 2024. So he'll be without a residence status beyond June'24 and a few months from getting his citizenship granted.

Regards,
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:28 pm

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:50 pm

The_Boss wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:47 pm
@ alterhase58

Is it fine to have the child, who's born in the UK, reside in the UK without a legal residence status while their citizenship application (MN1) is under progress ? I've got my ILR in Feb 24, and the current dependent status of my child is coming to an end in June 2024. So he'll be without a residence status beyond June'24 and a few months from getting his citizenship granted.

Regards,
alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:28 pm
Can you please ask your questions, which have all been answered already, in your own extensive topic/thread you already have. It is rude to hijack another members topic with your and questions.

british-citizenship/referee-a-non-uk-re ... l#p2157309
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.