ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost BRP while abroad

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peeta
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

lost BRP while abroad

Post by peeta » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:25 am

Hi,

Hope someone can provide some guidance and advice on the following:

My wife has ILR and was issued a BRP valid till end of this year. But while visiting abroad she seem to have lost it - it might be that she has simply misplaced, so there is a chance she might find it.

but, just to not leave things for chance, and given her BRP is expiring and she is not qualified for Naturalisation (time spent abroad), I thought of ordering a replacement.

But, in Gov.uk seems to have she can only apply while she is inside UK which is is currently not.

But, I am in the UK and can I apply on her behalf and once it arrives (not sure how long it would take), I fly to meet her and give her the BRP. any problems with it pls?

also how much does ordering a replacement cost please ?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: lost BRP while abroad

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:35 am

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... en-damaged

Quote:
"If you’re outside the UK
You must report your lost or stolen BRP outside the UK.

You cannot apply for a replacement BRP outside the UK. Instead, you’ll need to apply for a ‘replacement BRP visa’, which lets you re-enter the UK once only. It costs £154.

You can apply for a replacement BRP when you return to the UK. You must do this within 3 months of reporting it lost or stolen unless you have a good reason, for example you were unable to return to the UK in that time.

If you’ve been away for over 2 years and you’ve lost your documentation proving your right to live in the UK, you can apply for a Returning Resident visa.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.