ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Wife's British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

viswa_123
Newly Registered
India

Query on Wife's British Citizenship application

Post by viswa_123 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:35 pm

Hello,

I am a British Citizen and my wife is Indian with ILR for more than 2 years. I am filing her BC as ILR holder.
Will she be considered in ILR holder category or spouse of BC category, because she is there on the exact date 5 years ago (for ILR), but not there on the exact date 3 years ago. I am worried if the UKVI considers her application as second category it will be rejected. I dont see anywhere to specify which category the application to be lodged. Can someone clarify

viswa_123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Query on Wife's British Citizenship application

Post by viswa_123 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:04 pm

It would be great if anyone can answer this. Thank you !

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:16 pm

viswa_123 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:35 pm
Hello,

I am a British Citizen and my wife is Indian with ILR for more than 2 years. I am filing her BC as ILR holder.
Will she be considered in ILR holder category or spouse of BC category, because she is there on the exact date 5 years ago (for ILR), but not there on the exact date 3 years ago. I am worried if the UKVI considers her application as second category it will be rejected. I dont see anywhere to specify which category the application to be lodged. Can someone clarify

She can apply in her own right. Just don't provide marriage certificate and copy of your passport. You can also attach a cover note to specify she is applying under section 6(1).
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

viswa_123
Newly Registered
India

Post by viswa_123 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:30 pm

Thanks i shall put the cover letter for sure.

I wont provide my passport or marriage certificate but there is a section which asks about Partner's details there i am giving my passport and other stuff, hope that is fine right ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:39 pm

Yes, Just specify she is applying under Section 6(1) and provide details of absences over the last 5 years. If you say it in the cover letter it will be fine, she can pick whichever route she wants.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

viswa_123
Newly Registered
India

Post by viswa_123 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:31 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:39 pm
Yes, Just specify she is applying under Section 6(1) and provide details of absences over the last 5 years. If you say it in the cover letter it will be fine, she can pick whichever route she wants.

viswa_123
Newly Registered
India

Post by viswa_123 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:32 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:39 pm
Thanks a lot !!

I have called to the below number and they also said what you said and asked me to add a covering letter explaining the same

UK Visas and Immigration contact centre
Telephone: 0300 790 6268 - select option 2
Monday to Thursday (excluding bank holidays), 9am to 4:45pm
Friday (excluding bank holidays), 9am to 4:30pm

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:36 pm

Keep in mind that people on the call center are not caseworkers. In this case I agree with their advice, but they have been known to advise people incorrectly.

viswa_123
Newly Registered
India

Post by viswa_123 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:23 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:36 pm
Keep in mind that people on the call center are not caseworkers. In this case I agree with their advice, but they have been known to advise people incorrectly.
Thanks a lot !! Relieved now !!