ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application, SOC code, minimum Salary requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

greentree
Newly Registered
United States of America

ILR Application, SOC code, minimum Salary requirement

Post by greentree » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:06 pm

Dear All,

I've been on a skilled worker visa since June 2019 under SOC code 2139, and my job title is IT Security Analyst. When I applied for the Tier 2 visa, there was no specified category for IT Security Analyst in the SOC 2020, so my lawyer used the code ‘2139’ (Information Technology and Telecommunications). However, I've checked that the job title IT Security Analyst now coming under ‘2135’ (Cyber Security Professionals) in the updated SOC 2020, which came into effect from April 4th.

I'm quite confused about applying for the ILR application.
1 Which SOC code should I use to apply for ILR, and which SOC code should be presented in the Employee letter?
2 Which SOC salary rate should I check to meet the salary requirement, the standard going rate or the lower going rate?
3. Payslip for April is enough to proof? When I apply the application in the middle of May?

I really need your help.

Thanks for your guidance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application, SOC code, minimum Salary requirement

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:29 pm

Answered multiple times and just today: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-applicat ... l#p2159979
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

greentree
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by greentree » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:41 pm

Thanks Zimba,

Could you please Kindly confrim again?

i am still quite not sure. So, should the new SOC code '2135’ (Cyber Security Professionals) be used in the ILR application and emplyoee letter, even though My Tier2 application has been issued with SOC code '2139'
(Information Technology and Telecommunications)?

and lower standard going rate will be checked to meet the salary requirement.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:46 pm

Just the new SOC salary threshold applies as that is the updated code for the exact role. SOC is just used to calculate the salary thresholds. The Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes assigned to each sponsored role have been simply updated from the 2010 codes to the 2020 codes, so your old SOC and the new 2020 SOC both refer to the same role
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

greentree
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by greentree » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:13 pm

Thanks Zimba,

It's really helpful.

For example, new SOC code '2135’ (Cyber Security Professionals) shows a lower going rate as below
£35,100 (£18.00 per hour).
So, is it correct that my salary should be equal to or exceed this rate to meet the requirements?

greentree
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by greentree » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:20 pm

One more question

as far as i understood, there is no template for emplyoee letter, the SOC code should be mentioned in the emplyoee letter?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:14 pm

greentree wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:13 pm
Thanks Zimba,

It's really helpful.

For example, new SOC code '2135’ (Cyber Security Professionals) shows a lower going rate as below
£35,100 (£18.00 per hour).
So, is it correct that my salary should be equal to or exceed this rate to meet the requirements?
Correct

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:14 pm

greentree wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:20 pm
One more question

as far as i understood, there is no template for emplyoee letter, the SOC code should be mentioned in the emplyoee letter?
Please follow all the links as per the advice above. There is no template

greentree
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by greentree » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:29 pm

greentree wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:06 pm
Dear All,

I've been on a skilled worker visa since June 2019 under SOC code 2139, and my job title is IT Security Analyst. When I applied for the Tier 2 visa, there was no specified category for IT Security Analyst in the SOC 2020, so my lawyer used the code ‘2139’ (Information Technology and Telecommunications). However, I've checked that the job title IT Security Analyst now coming under ‘2135’ (Cyber Security Professionals) in the updated SOC 2020, which came into effect from April 4th.

I'm quite confused about applying for the ILR application.
1 Which SOC code should I use to apply for ILR, and which SOC code should be presented in the Employee letter?
2 Which SOC salary rate should I check to meet the salary requirement, the standard going rate or the lower going rate?
3. Payslip for April is enough to proof? When I apply the application in the middle of May?

I really need your help.

Thanks for your guidance.
Hello Zimba,

I have other questions related my inquiries

In the case of a replaced SOC code due to revision to produce SOC 2020, such as from 2139 to 2135,
Our HR team to report this change to UKVI or any related system, especially for the ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) application process?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:39 pm

No. The SOC changes are done by UKVI, there is no need for a report

greentree
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by greentree » Sat May 18, 2024 5:09 pm

Hello Zimba,

Thanks for your advice.

I used the new SOC code and my ILR has been approved today.

I really appreciate it :)

JKTALREJA
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JKTALREJA » Sat May 18, 2024 10:41 pm

Congratulation

How much salary was in your code before April 5, 2024 and how much after april 5, 2024 (lower going rate)

in 2019, on what salary did you get the skilled worker visa?

and what documents you have submitted with ILR application, was that a priority application?

Anwers will really helps