ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transit visa requirement

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Akshaya
Newly Registered
India

Transit visa requirement

Post by Akshaya » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:09 pm

Hello,

I am Akshaya, an Indian citizen.

I kindly request you to address my following queries. Thank you.

If I possess a valid UK student visa and travel to Belfast (BHD) with a layover at Frankfurt(FRA) for 4 hours during which I do not go out of the airport, would I require a transit Visa or a Schengen Visa to travel via Frankfurt?

In the same case will my immigration check be carried out at the Belfast City Airport?

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Re: Transit visa requirement

Post by msx273 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:42 am

You need transit visa or schengen visa to transit through frankfurt

you can also take advantage of transit priviliges if you hold one of the valid visas as advised in the link below

https://uk.diplo.de/uk-en/02/visa/airpo ... 20-2-panel

Akshaya wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:09 pm
Hello,

I am Akshaya, an Indian citizen.

I kindly request you to address my following queries. Thank you.

If I possess a valid UK student visa and travel to Belfast (BHD) with a layover at Frankfurt(FRA) for 4 hours during which I do not go out of the airport, would I require a transit Visa or a Schengen Visa to travel via Frankfurt?

In the same case will my immigration check be carried out at the Belfast City Airport?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Transit visa requirement

Post by meself2 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 pm

As stated above, you need a Schengen/transit visa on the surface - your UK visa gives you no right to transit and your passport has to obtain a transit visa for transit.
A valid UK visa or a valid UK residence permit does not exempt you from visa requirements for a transit through Germany.
If you have any other visas, you should check if they're mentioned in the link above.

Regarding immigration checks - you will be checked by the airline initially to see if you have the right to go to Germany; not sure if there are passport control checks in Germany assuming you don't leave the transit zone.

Also, make sure you actually have a proper connecting flight - if you bought tickets separately/from different airlines, you might have to leave transit zone and come back, which would require a C visa (not just transit).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.