ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regd earnings period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gopikrishnatb
Newly Registered

Regd earnings period

Post by gopikrishnatb » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:57 am

Hi,

I have referred the thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=33879

I have a similar kind of query. I have 10 payslips in the current organization and 8 payslips in previous organization. But there is a gap (no payslip for Feb 2008).
So, as per the guidance notes "The applicant can claim points for previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying.", Am I eligible to apply?

Can anybody clarify me what is meant by Single, consecutive 12-month period in the notes?

push
United Kingdom

Re: Regd earnings period

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:25 pm

gopikrishnatb wrote:Hi,

I have referred the thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=33879

I have a similar kind of query. I have 10 payslips in the current organization and 8 payslips in previous organization. But there is a gap (no payslip for Feb 2008).
So, as per the guidance notes "The applicant can claim points for previous earnings in any single, consecutive 12-month period during the 15 months immediately before the date of applying.", Am I eligible to apply?

Can anybody clarify me what is meant by Single, consecutive 12-month period in the notes?
It simply means that the period that you choose should be 12 consecutive months within the overall 15 month window. If you have not worked in any weeks/months during the chosen period then your earnings for those weeks/ months be "0" but this would not affect your eligibility at all.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

gopikrishnatb
Newly Registered

Post by gopikrishnatb » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi,

Code: Select all

It simply means that the period that you choose should be 12 consecutive months within the overall 15 month window. If you have not worked in any weeks/months during the chosen period then your earnings for those weeks/ months be "0" but this would not affect your eligibility at all.
I understand that we must choose any consecutive 12 months in the 15 months window. And we don't have choice like chosing 13 months with one month non-working and non-earning period.

Then what does the mean of the following notes:

Code: Select all

86.An applicant does not have to be in continuous or full-time employment during the 12 months being assessed.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:48 pm

This simply means you might work just for 1 month, earn £45,000 and have a holiday for next 11 months and still be eligible to claim max points under the category.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:51 pm

On a more serious note -I mean you can work part time in all or some of the months of the 12 month period or be on vacation (redundant) in some months and still be fine as long as you are making sufficient money to fetch you the points needed for the earnings band.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:52 pm

Is this something that you are confused about or there is a larger point that I am missing here. In that case can you elaborate please (using an example)?
regards,
push

gopikrishnatb
Newly Registered

Post by gopikrishnatb » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:15 pm

I will explain you my case.
In the last 15 months window, I have worked for two companies:
Company A: Oct 07 - Jan 07
Company B: Mar 08 - Dec 08 (till date)
in which Feb 08 is the gap i.e., no payslip.

And according to self-assesment tool, I got 35 points in earnings with considering 13 month window: Dec 07 - Jan 07 and Mar 08 - Dec 08 (12 months).
Now I came to understand that I should chose any 12 months from the above 15 months window. So, even I chose the 12-month period Jan 08 to Dec 08, I am sure I'll get atleast 30 points for my gross pay.

Thanks for your reply.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:41 pm

And according to self-assesment tool, I got 35 points in earnings with considering 13 month window: Dec 07 - Jan 07 and Mar 08 - Dec 08 (12 months).
As you now know that this can't be done.
Now I came to understand that I should chose any 12 months from the above 15 months window. So, even I chose the 12-month period Jan 08 to Dec 08, I am sure I'll get atleast 30 points for my gross pay.
yes you should. Just make a note in your cover letter that during the 12 month period considered for earnings calculation you were in between jobs in Feb 2008 and thus did not earn anything in that month.

In fact, I know of cases where people forgot/failed to submit salary slips for one of the months, nevertheless, they were ganted points based on 11 month earnings by the caseworker.

All the best.
regards,
push

gopikrishnatb
Newly Registered

Post by gopikrishnatb » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks alot PUSH_HSMP.
I am very much clear now.