ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Verifying COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shax322
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Verifying COS

Post by Shax322 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 pm

Hello everyone I need help from someone who can verify UK COS letter for me I will be very thankful to that person

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Verifying COS

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:54 pm

Can’t be done, only the Home Office can do that and they do not do offer a verification check.
Do you have some concern about your COS?

Shax322
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Shax322 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 pm

Thanks for the reply and yes I have a doubt about it but I don't know what to I don't want to apply for visa with fake COS

honey1234
United Kingdom

Post by honey1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:22 pm

Shax322 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 pm
Thanks for the reply and yes I have a doubt about it but I don't know what to I don't want to apply for visa with fake COS
Some ways or i should say tricks below might help you in order to verify authenticity of CoS:

Verify the Sponsor Licence:
The first step is to ensure that the sponsor who issued the CoS has a valid sponsorship licence. You can verify this by checking the Home Office's official website - Register of licensed sponsors. You can also check on WPC Sponsor Licence Checker whether the organisation’s licence is active. Some companies may had a licence before, but it’s not active or licenced being removed. You should also pay attention to the sponsor licence number, normally it’s 9 digits number. It's essential to confirm that the sponsor's details match the information on the CoS.

Check Your Personal Details:
Examine the CoS for any discrepancies in your personal information. Ensure that your name, passport number, and other details are correct.

Check the CoS Number:
Every genuine CoS has a unique reference number. Normally, the CoS number is 11 digits and always starts with C. Be cautious if there are any discrepancies.

CoS expiry date:
Check both the assigned date and the expiry date. Typically, for defined CoS, the CoS expiration date is set to occur 3 months plus 1 day after the assignment date. Any CoS with expiration dates of 1 or 2 months is considered not genuine.

Check the job start and end date:
When reviewing a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) for a skilled worker role, confirm that the job's start and end dates match those outlined in your job offer. The standard duration for skilled worker positions is typically 1 to 5 years. For temporary and scale-up visas, the job period is generally 6 months. If you encounter an unusually short period, such as 1 or 2 months, it may indicate an invalid CoS.

Confirm the Job Details: Validate the accuracy of the job details on the CoS against your original job offer. Confirm that the job title, occupation code, salary, and other terms align with your offer and adhere to regulations. Cross-reference the occupation on the Home Office website to ensure that the job title, and salary rate correspond to the Skilled worker: eligible occupation code and going rates. Additionally, confirm that the job description matches the job title on the CoS by referring to the ONS website.

Contact the Sponsor:
You can also contact your sponsor directly to confirm the genuineness of the CoS by checking their SMS system. They should be able to provide you with information about the document and address any concerns.

Shax322
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Shax322 » Fri May 03, 2024 10:51 am

the decision is received from ukvi and we will notify you when your passport is ready is it mean that my visa is approved?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat May 04, 2024 8:10 am

The notification of collection of the passport does not indicate a positive or negative outcome. You only have confirmation when you receive the decision letter.