ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for children (1 parent ILR, another parent filing for ILR (LR))

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jakino
Newly Registered
Philippines

ILR application for children (1 parent ILR, another parent filing for ILR (LR))

Post by jakino » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:09 pm

Hello!

I'm currently in the process of filing for ILR (LR). My spouse already had his ILR approved last year (5-year route) and just recently filed for his naturalisation. Our two children have always been on dependent child visa (first with me as the main migrant then eventually we all transferred to my spouse's visa as his dependents). They are still with us here in the UK, studying and both under 18yo.

I don't see any option to add my children to my ILR application. What form should be filled up for them? Is my understanding correct that I can file their ILR application together with mine?

Thanks in advance!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application for children (1 parent ILR, another parent filing for ILR (LR))

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:33 pm

Under the long residence, you can only apply on your own and must qualify independently. Your relationship/family does NOT matter and they cannot be included. Children can settle later on using form SET(F)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jakino
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: ILR application for children (1 parent ILR, another parent filing for ILR (LR))

Post by jakino » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:37 pm

Thanks zimba for the reply. It makes more sense now that I need to fill up two different application forms. I also just found this note from the family-visa guidance:
If your parent or relative is applying for settlement

They may be able to include you on their application instead.

If they’ve already applied for settlement and they do not have a decision yet, you can apply as a child separately.

If they are applying to settle as a partner or parent on the 10 year route then you must apply separately.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:59 pm

FYI That is NOT referring to the long residence route :!:
10 Year partner/parent route is a separate route on its own
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jakino
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by jakino » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:55 pm

Thanks again, zimba. I didn't realise there was another 10-year route. I reviewed the guidance again and found the ILR guidance on child dependant on work visa is what applies to them. Their current child visa is from the work visa of their father (who's now settled). So it's ILR(LR) for me and SET(F) for the kids. They will be, of course, filed separately. Hopefully my last question, they can be filed at the same time I'm eligible for settlement, right?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Yes, they simplified the rules by having multiple complex ten year routes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm

Yes. However, their application can only succeed after you are settled. So there is no rush to apply for them at the same time