ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Application Bank Statements-Do they Verify?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

homeistheuk
Newly Registered

EC Application Bank Statements-Do they Verify?

Post by homeistheuk » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:15 am

When applying for EC, do they call the bank to make sure that the statements are valid and the funds still there?

stone
Newly Registered

Post by stone » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:22 am

in my case they did...and refused EC...

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: EC Application Bank Statements-Do they Verify?

Post by Chess » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:59 am

homeistheuk wrote:When applying for EC, do they call the bank to make sure that the statements are valid and the funds still there?

This usullay happens in countries where there are fraudulent documents used in applications..

Examples of diplomatic posts having such problems include:-

Accra (Ghana)
Lagos/Abuja (Nigeria)
Kampala (Uganda)
India (chennai..etc)
Pakistan (Islamabad)

..so it depends at which post you are applying!
Where there is a will there is a way.

bugmaster

Post by bugmaster » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:35 am

I would say it also depends whether it is legal to do so in the specific country. For example in Bulgaria it wasn't legal af few years ago. Only recently they've allowed it.
But in my case they did not check. I guess it depends on what other evidence for income you supply. I was coming with an employer so I presented a letter and this makes my case slightly different.
To light a candle is to cast a shadow...

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:57 am

Ordinarily they could call your bank to confirm the existence of your account with the bank and ask whether the bank is accustom to seeing, for example, five digits or seven digits figures in your account. It is however unprofessional, as in the case of STONE, for the bank to disclose the actual balance on your account. Infact, Stone can make a lot of money from suing his bank cos they have violated the duty of confidentiality which the bank owed to all his customers.

In any case what i think they verify is the volume of transaction that has taken place in your account over a period (that is why they ask for six months statement), if for example, the maximum amount that has entered your account in the last 6 months is 500 Pounds and may be a week to your EC application, you now deposited 7,500 Pounds, it will set the ECO on enquiry. You would now need to convince the ECO that you have not borrow the money just to make up. I heard of a guys case similar to what i just described and the ECO ask for the source of the fund, the guy claimed to have sold a property, however he could not provide the evidence of selling any property and the EC was refused.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:05 am

I have account in Swiss bank.

I got the statements via e-banking but due to some problem with the name field it displays like

Mrs. xxx yyy and/or

but actually its a joint account for me and my spouse, so i added spouse name in pdf file myself as

Mrs xxx yyy and/or Mr xxx yyy

Is it OK?

jjustyy
Ireland

Post by jjustyy » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:36 am

Do they accept e-statements Rex? I assumed they didn't because they know people can make changes like you have!

Rex

Post by Rex » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:01 am

but they can confirm and account is on the name which i have written, and how can i get the statement if i have overseas account other than e-statement.

And in Switzerland there are multimat machines where you can go n print your statement and nobody goes to the bank for a statement.

homeistheuk
Newly Registered

Post by homeistheuk » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:28 pm

Well, I will actually be applying online from the U.S. I believe the LA consulate. I am fortunate not to have to apply in person at highly scrutinized consulates such as India or Pakistan. But I have to mail in my passport, form, approval, photos, bank statements for 3 months, and my offer letter. I have a good balance in my bank account, but it goes up and down obviously. I just don't want them to call my bank, verify the funds and then tell me I don't have enough. Its just a little paranoia worry, I want to get this EC approved. Thanks for all your help and feedback. Your experiences help me so much.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:12 pm

jjustyy asked :-
Do they accept e-statements Rex? I assumed they didn't because they know people can make changes like you have!
No they don't .... unless those e-statements are certified as accurate by the bank concerned.
John

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:52 am

How can you say they don't without being sure.

I just called BHC (Islamabad) and they said YES they accept e-statements and it is not a problem at all.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:47 am

Rex, I express total amazement that an e-statement would be acceptable in somewhere such as Islamabad. It would certainly not be acceptable by IND in the UK. For example the form SET(M) clearly states :-
WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASHPOINT PRINTOUTS AND INTERNET BANK STATEMENTS AS EVIDENCE OF FUNDS.
-: and no doubt the same wording is on other forms as well.
John