ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application Process From India for New Born in India (with British Passport)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Singhy
United Kingdom

OCI Application Process From India for New Born in India (with British Passport)

Post by Singhy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 am

Dear Team

I hope I am posting this query in the right space.

Me and my wife are British Nationals (with OCI) staying in India which is where our twin daughters were born in Jan 2023. As a first step I applied for their British Passport which was granted to them in Jan 2024.

Now I am trying to apply for their OCI but the feedback from local FRRO has been that I need to first apply for a visa for my daughters which has to be mentioned along with OCI application.

Can anyone help and suggest on the way forward? i.e. what Indian Visa should i apply for my daughters ?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

sathyauk
India

Re: OCI Application Process From India for New Born in India (with British Passport)

Post by sathyauk » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 am

You can apply for tourist visa where your kids can stay upto 6 months, meantime you can sort to OCI as well

anantk1979i
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: OCI Application Process From India for New Born in India (with British Passport)

Post by anantk1979i » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:48 pm

Hello,

I am sailing in the same boat. Got my kid's british passport a today and want to now apply for OCI. However, before I do that, a visa needs to be obtained.

The OCI documentation says that a tourist visa wont do.

In case application is submitted in India -
Copy of any long duration Visa (other than Tourist Visa, Missionary Visa
and Mountaineering Visa) with 3 months validity as on the date of application
along with Residential Permit/ Registration Certificate issued by the
jurisdictional FRRO/ FRO, as the case may be (applicable in all cases where
application^ submitted in India).
[Foreign nationals holding Tourist Visa, Missionary visa and
Mountaineering visa cannot apply for registration as an OCI cardholder
in India]

I think one will need to registor on https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp and then apply for x-visa

anantk1979i
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by anantk1979i » Sun May 26, 2024 7:58 am

WHich Indian Visa did you finally apply for?