ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for my son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kashif7866
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Naturalisation for my son

Post by kashif7866 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:28 am

Hello !

I would request you to please provide some information regarding my son naturalisation:

My son came to UK on 21/11/2022, he was granted Indefinite Leave to Enter, He is currently 4 years and 9 month old and continuously living in UK since.

I want to know when he would be eligible for naturalisation ?

Thanks

Regards

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturalisation for my son

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:00 am

What is yours and other parent's immigration status?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

kashif7866
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by kashif7866 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:22 pm

My(father) naturalisation application has been recently approved and waiting for citizenship ceremony schedule next month.
My son is my sole responsibility as I have been divorced with my wife who is in India.
Though my son was born in India despite he got ILR, as I have the sole custody of my son.

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 pm

Where is your child? Are they living with you in the UK? I believe your case falls under Section 3(1) (registration by discretion). From my understanding child is usually expected to have lived in the UK for two years before applying, though this section is entirely at Home Secretary discretion, so the statutory requirements are quite loose. Other members may add or correct this information. You will need to provide child's birth certificate, divorce papers, and court order to show that you have sole parental responsibility (as well as passports for you and child).
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

kashif7866
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by kashif7866 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:28 pm

My son is here in UK with me since 21//11/20222. Child birth certificate, divorce paper and court order were initially provided when I applied for his Leave to Enter and based on those document he has got ILE. I can provide those documents again as just not sure when to apply for his naturalisation.

Would request the other members as well to share their views.

Thanks