ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MMST Workflow Email

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhardwaj1390
United Kingdom

MMST Workflow Email

Post by abhardwaj1390 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:19 pm

*We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

By way of background, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

The nature and extent of those enquiries, and the length of time taken to complete them, varies according to the particular circumstance of each application.

The progress of outstanding enquiries is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on our behalf. It is only when we have the results of the enquiries that we can reach a decision on whether citizenship should be granted. We do not, ourselves, carry out these checks and we cannot, therefore, be sure how long they will take in each case.

I appreciate that UKVI website gives the following information in relation to waiting times for naturalisation applications:

"All applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. Because of these enquires, we anticipate that applications may take up to six months to complete. Some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out".

As you will note, it is also made clear on the website that, in some cases, these enquiries may take longer than average to complete. You will appreciate the need to be careful and thorough in such matters.

These enquiries are still ongoing in regard to your application, and we are sorry for the delay. As soon as the enquiries outstanding on your application are completed, we will ensure that an immediate decision is taken, and that you will be notified accordingly.*

Question:

1. After receiving the email above is it worth contacting MP to speed up?
2. Passport was expired when applied and Payslip and employer letter was provided.

I have no clue what is wrong.

Any input for next action will be appreciated.

Regards
AB

alterhase58
Germany

Re: MMST Workflow Email

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:31 pm

abhardwaj1390 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:19 pm
Question:
Is your application over the 6 months mark?
1. After receiving the email above is it worth contacting MP to speed up? Unlikely - MPs cant's compel UKVI to speed up - often they get the same reply.
2. Passport was expired when applied and Payslip and employer letter was provided. Is not an issue.

I have no clue what is wrong. Normally there's nothing wrong - they are just slow in processing

Any input for next action will be appreciated. Refer to this thread for suggestion on how to chase up: british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html

Regards
AB
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.