ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner Naturalisation Application Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asubhan81
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Partner Naturalisation Application Documents

Post by asubhan81 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:17 am

Hi Guys

I am not sure if this question already been asked here or not.

I am submitting Naturalisation application for my partner and facing difficulty to understand what sort of documents I can use for proof of living. In the ddocument section description it's saying Bank statement & house hold bills are not suitable. Please check following.

"If you are married to, or in a civil partnership with, a British citizen, you must have been in the UK for the past 3 years.

If you are not married, or in a civil partnership with, a British citizen, you must have been in the UK for the past 5 years.

If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments or other government departments, indicating your presence in the UK during the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you are a Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

If you do not have your passport or it was not stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK
"

In our case, she needs to provide last 3 years. Currently she doesn't work so no pay slip and P60s for her.

The only documents I have are

Jan-April (Council Tax)

Jan-Apr (Council Tax)
May-August (Joint Energy Bill)
Sep-Dec (Joint Bank Statement)

Jan-Apr (Council Tax)
May-August (Joint H&M Revenue Letter)
Sep-Dec (TV Licence)
Joint Tenancy agreement

Jan-Apr (NHS Letter)
May-August (Joint Energy Bill)
Sep-Dec (TV Licence)
Joint Tenancy agreement

Do you think home offcie will consider these documents when she don't have salary slips & P60s or any other suggestion what else I can add?

Many thanks in advance

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Partner Naturalisation Application Documents

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:23 pm

Does your wife's passport get stamped on entry? What you listed is mostly not acceptable as it's bank statements and energy bills.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

asubhan81
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asubhan81 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:30 pm

Yes, she has entry stamp on her passport.

What documents should we submit as proof of living then?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:35 pm

Photocopy of passport, all pages.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.