ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Passport- for child , from abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maqsmaqs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

First British Passport- for child , from abroad

Post by maqsmaqs » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:57 am

good afternoon
just wanting some guidance if possible

completed two British passports for my girls and paid and they have sent me the email to get someone to confirm the girls/our identity.

we live in South Africa and i just want to to know , does the person conforming the identity have to reside in South Africa?
we only know a handful of people with British passports who can confirm the identity but none of them are listed in the list of professionals who can be used as referees.

we could probably use someone back in the UK but is this ok as long as they fall under the list of professionals?
we know many people who fall under the list but none are of UK descent or have UK citizenship/passport details

what do i then do?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: First British Passport- for child , from abroad

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:26 pm

People in the UK are OK if they know the children.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

maqsmaqs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by maqsmaqs » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm

so i can use someone living in the UK who knows my daughters and are on the list of referees?
they dont have to be living in south africa where we reside currenty?

thank you

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun May 05, 2024 9:36 am

Yes this is correct.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.