ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

combination route FLR FP & FLR M for 10 YEAR PARTNER ROUTE for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AAZY
Spain

combination route FLR FP & FLR M for 10 YEAR PARTNER ROUTE for ILR

Post by AAZY » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 am

Hi, i was put on 10 year Partner Rout in 1st JUly 2014 on Under D-LTRP.1.2 of Appendix i have further two extensions on the same route DEC 2016 & July 2019

after completing 7.5 years on FLR FP they put me on FLR M on Dec 2021 for another 2.5 years

now i m completing my 10 year in July 2024 can i COMBINE both routes together to complete my required 10 years for 10 year ILR on PARTNER ROUTE

OR i have to complete another 2.5 year on FLR M as the clock will considered reset for 10 year Partner route
please advise me thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: combination route FLR FP & FLR M for 10 YEAR PARTNER ROUTE for ILR

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:10 am

You have flooded the board with 16 messages!

Do not keep pressing the SUBMIT button - the system is very slow at the moment.

When someone can help they will post.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:58 am

AAZY wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 am
Hi, i was put on 10 year Partner Rout in 1st JUly 2014 on Under D-LTRP.1.2 of Appendix i have further two extensions on the same route DEC 2016 & July 2019

after completing 7.5 years on FLR FP they put me on FLR M on Dec 2021 for another 2.5 years

now i m completing my 10 year in July 2024 can i COMBINE both routes together to complete my required 10 years for 10 year ILR on PARTNER ROUTE

OR i have to complete another 2.5 year on FLR M as the clock will considered reset for 10 year Partner route
please advise me thanks
Only the 5-year route requires 5 years of continuous residence under the 5-year route. As long as you spend 10 years under ANY provision of the family rules, you can get ILR under the 10-year route.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:28 pm

thank you Zimba
i was advised that as i was switched to 5 year FLRM and the time i spent on FLR FP 7.5 the clock will reset and i will not able to apply on 10 years partner route any more

harpreet1316
India

Post by harpreet1316 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:49 pm

Hi
I’m not qualified but senior members would be better to advise yu
As far as I can see yu have been advised wrong yes it indeed
Reset the clock but for 5 years not for 10 years
That mean that if at the point when yu must me thinking
That when 7.5 you could combine flr fp 2.5 and 2.5 years you cud have indefinite that was not possible
But as now when yu have finished 10 years it doesn’t matter
As you are applying on 10 yr route not 5 look at my timeline I
Have similar situation

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:42 pm

AAZY wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:28 pm
thank you Zimba
i was advised that as i was switched to 5 year FLRM and the time i spent on FLR FP 7.5 the clock will reset and i will not able to apply on 10 years partner route any more
Incorrect. If you move from the 5-year route to the 10-year route then the clock will be reset NOT the other way around.
I covered the rules here: indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-date-for ... l#p2161291
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Fri May 03, 2024 10:22 am

Hi zimba thankyou for your reply
I m applying for indefinite leave to remain as partner (10 year route ) based on 7.5 years on FLR FP & 2.5 years on FLR M
and follow the link https://www.gov.uk/indefinite-leave-to- ... amily-visa
but when i click on 10 year partner it take me to
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... t-relative

and form which is available to complete settlement adult relative which i believe is not the right form can you please advice me which form i need to complete for 10 year partner family route fm
thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 03, 2024 12:15 pm

It is the correct form that covers two routes. This is very clear
Use this form to apply to settle in the UK if you:
•are the partner of someone who has or had permission on the Innovator route, has refugee status, or humanitarian protection. They must either be applying for settlement at the same time as you or have already settled in the UK.
•have permission to stay as a partner or parent (or a combination of the two) on the family route and are eligible to settle in the UK after a qualifying period of 10 years.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... t-relative

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Sat May 04, 2024 4:23 pm

thankyou for your reply
I have couple of questions if you can advice me

My first FLR FP leave was granted on 2nd July 2014 and required 10 year partner route will be completed on 2nd July 2024

My understanding by reading on the website i can apply 28 days before 10 year completed period which is on 5th June 2024 even though my current visa is ending in July 2024

Can you please advise me if this is correct ?

And my 2nd question is

For ILR 10 Year partner family route do i still have to provide cohabitation documents/ proofs for full 10 years period again with my ILR Application
as home office already have this; which i had already provided in my previous FLR FP & FLR M applications

Or I can provide them FLR FP & FLR home office decision letters will these be considered enough.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 04, 2024 6:00 pm

Your visa expiry is irrelevant. You may apply within 28 days of completing the 10 years.
You still need to provide cohabitation as per the rules: All you need to know about cohabitation evidence

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Sat May 04, 2024 6:15 pm

Hi zimba thankyou for ans

I have copied this from your post link provided

If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying
at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and
your spouse.

incase as high lighted; I only need to provide cohabitation proofs for my ILR Application from my last granted leave which was DEC 2021 not from 2nd July 2014 ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 04, 2024 7:37 pm

They mean the last two years during your last grant of leave.

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Mon May 06, 2024 6:19 pm

thankyou for your advise and help

as I m applying for 10 year partner settlement route
I have read the suitability requirements & need advise

SETF 2.1. The applicant must not fall for refusal under:
(a) the suitability grounds for refusal for indefinite leave to remain
applications under Appendix FM paragraphs:
(i) S-ILR.1.2, S-ILR.1.6 to S-ILR.1.10, S-ILR.3.1; or
(ii) S-ILR.2.2, S-ILR.4.2 to S-ILR.4.5 (subject to SETF
2.4);
or
(b) paragraph 9.6.1. of Part 9 of these rules (subject to SETF 2.4)

SETF 2.4. Where any of the following occur during the applicant’s qualifying
period for settlement, the applicant must be refused settlement unless the
applicant has completed a continuous qualifying period of 10 years with
permission as set out in SETF 2.6 and has completed 5 years continuous
residence with such permission after the date of the first permission after the
suitability ground came to the attention of the decision maker:
(a) involvement in a sham marriage or civil partnership (grounds
for refusal under 9.6.1 of Part 9); or
(b) use of false documents or information or deception (S-ILR.2.2
and S-ILR.4.2 and S-ILR.4.3. of Appendix FM); or
(c) litigation debt owed to the Home Office, unless the debt has
been paid (S-ILR.4.4 of Appendix FM); or
(d) debt to the NHS, unless the debt has been paid, or the total
value of outstanding charges is under £500 (S-ILR.4.5. of
Appendix FM); or
(e) the applicant has breached the conditions of their permission

I came into the country into the country on student visa in 2010,
before my visa end I applied for EEA family member with my partner of that time
home office refused my application and I was overstayed which I believe comes under immigration breach and also home office consider that marriage of convenience in 2012 (due to the sole reason as relation ship broken down and she left the country and I was not able to provide requested docs to home office; I later managed to get divorce)

in 2014 I was given flr fp with my current partner now I have completed my 10 years

just wants to understand the past immigration breach and previous marriage which happened before this 10 year qualifying period will impact my ILR or that would be overlooked due to subject to SETF 2.4
please if you can advise me thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon May 06, 2024 7:36 pm

No there will be no impact at all

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Wed May 08, 2024 10:04 am

Hi Zimba

Today I had a appointment with solicitor
and I was told that I have to provide full 10 year of cohabitation proofs for my ILR application as I had different flr FP & flr m applications otherwise there would be chances of rejection
Can you please advise me thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 10:42 am

AAZY wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:04 am
Hi Zimba

Today I had a appointment with solicitor
and I was told that I have to provide full 10 year of cohabitation proofs for my ILR application as I had different flr FP & flr m applications otherwise there would be chances of rejection
Can you please advise me thanks
This is nonsense and has no basis in the rules. Ask them to provide you with the rules or a guide for such requirement.
Also, why do you pay someone you do not trust at all ??

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Mon May 13, 2024 9:56 pm

Thanks Zimba
I m bit worried and do not want to make any mistake. I did tried to search online to find out rules about this but could not find anything

If you can help me with this;
the length of period for documentary proofs required for ILR application in my case

If you can mention any rules or share a link would be great help thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 14, 2024 12:09 am

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 am

this guidance for Set O checklist
where as I am applying settlement-adult-relative

and the other important thing it says

If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying
at the same time as you
, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and
your spouse.

where as in my case my partner is British national since birth not apply with me

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 14, 2024 1:00 pm

AAZY wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 10:54 am
this guidance for Set O checklist
where as I am applying settlement-adult-relative

and the other important thing it says

at the same time as you
, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you
your spouse.

where as in my case my partner is British national since birth not apply with me
It has nothing to do with form SET(O) per se, if you bother to read that post properly. SET(O) is simply a form, not a visa route or anything. I simply pointed to a place which sheds more light on the idea of something that the rules do not define explicitly. As I explained, the cohabitation evidence requirement is not even explicitly defined under the rules and it has been something that the UKVI used historically to satisfy the relationship requirement. It seems you do not trust any advice given to you by anyone :?

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Tue May 14, 2024 10:02 pm

Hi Zimba

I highly appreciate and respect your advice, and I am applying for ILR settlement through the adult relative route as per your guidance :D

However, my experience with immigration solicitors has not been positive. I received numerous ill-advised suggestions, including one that claimed my clock would reset after completing 7.5 years on FLR FP and switching to 2.5 years on FLR M. According to this advice, I would need to wait another 2.5 years on FLR M before applying for the partner route or pursue the Long Residence route

And that's what originally motivated me to begin my own research and seek guidance on this forum, the advice I've received here has been invaluable

and the sole reason behind any of my questions, is just to make sure that I m on the right track and adhere to the correct immigration rules applicable to my case

Hats off to you for your work in safeguarding people from incompetent & money-hungry solicitors.

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Fri May 17, 2024 10:17 pm

Hi Zimba

I m completing Settlement Adult Relative form for my ILR and need advise on the question

What is the settlement status of the person you will be joining in the UK?

whereas in my case my partner is British citizen since birth and we are in relationship for last 10 year and not joining her

if you can advise thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat May 18, 2024 2:40 am

Choose 'A British citizen' and move forward

AAZY
Spain

Post by AAZY » Sun May 19, 2024 1:25 pm

I have master degree from UK university and used my UK Master degree to meet English Language requirement in my previous leave to remain applications

what should be my answer to this question in the form

Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?

If i answer YES incase it did not ask me to provide any proof at checklist

and when I answered NO it take me to further questions take me to question

Do you have a degree equivalent to a UK Bachelor's degree which was taught in English?

where as I have UK Master Degree

please advise me thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun May 19, 2024 4:19 pm

Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application? YES

No need for evidence of this if you provided this before !