ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (O) - ILR queries and Employer Letter information

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mastidl
India

SET (O) - ILR queries and Employer Letter information

Post by mastidl » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:30 pm

Hi All,

I need some help on below questions and I really appreciate your support on this.
I know some/all of these questions asked before many times but I just want to ask so that I can ease my mind.

I am on a skilled worker visa and going for SET-O application.

1. Eligibility date
Visa vignette date: 20 Jun 2019
BRP Date:13 Jun 2019
Eligible: 16 May 2024 (5 years - 28 days considering BRP date) - is this correct
Application date planned: 12 May (5 years - 28 days - 4 days) - is this okay ?
Biometric date: 16 May 2024 - is this correct ?

2. What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies?
for this question I have selected "Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies".
Is the above one is the right choice to select ?

3. I got below employer letter from the HR, could you please let me know whether this is enough to go ahead and submit the application.

Home office
Indefinite Leave to Remain
PO Box 591
Durham
DH1 9FS

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is to confirm that First name Last name is employed by XX company. First name has been employed since DD MON 2022 and a sponsored employee since DD MON 2022 under Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code XXXX. They have an annual salary of £XX,XXX.00 which is at the appropriate rate for their position, as stated in the code of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.

First name is a permanent member of staff and their services will be required for their role at XX company for the foreseeable future.

Any absences from the UK have been as a result of either paid annual leave or work-related travel such as attendance at conferences, seminars or work related training.

Therefore, we sincerely request you grant First name Last name the necessary Indefinite Leave to Remain in UK (ILR) so that they can continue working once their current visa expires on DD MON YEAR.

Yours Sincerely,
HR Team

Thanks
mastidl

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (O) - ILR queries and Employer Letter information

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 pm

Your ILR eligibility date will be (first BRP issue date + 5 years - 28 days).
You do not need to provide evidence of absences. Read: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:49 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:53 pm
Your ILR eligibility date will be (first BRP issue date + 5 years - 28 days).
You do not need to provide evidence of absences. Read: All you need to know about the sponsor letter for Skilled Worker route
Thank you for your reply.

I have gone thorough the link now and before as well. I understand about the employer letter and also understand that we do not need to provide any evidence for the absences.

so to the question "What evidence will you provide to support the reasons for all absences from the UK and Crown Dependencies? "
I will select option "Other" and provide the reason that - "passport stampings when leaving the country and coming into the country".

regarding the employer letter, is all the information covered which is needed. as per my knowledge, it covered everything but I just want to hear from experts.

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:24 pm

I did not choose that option. I used an employment letter with one sentence like "all leaves are approved...."

Do you have "your salary will be paid according to xxx in the foreseeable future" in your letter? I can only see "you are required in the foreseeable futrue"

From the wording, it seems that Home office still have not updated the system :D

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:38 pm

zxyzhgp wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:24 pm
I did not choose that option. I used an employment letter with one sentence like "all leaves are approved...."
did you chose this option ?
"Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies"
zxyzhgp wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:24 pm
Do you have "your salary will be paid according to xxx in the foreseeable future" in your letter? I can only see "you are required in the foreseeable futrue"

From the wording, it seems that Home office still have not updated the system :D
No, I did not have that but have this in the letter "They have an annual salary of £XX,XXX.00 which is at the appropriate rate for their position, as stated in the code of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.".

My salary will increase every year based on the business that the company does in the previous year. Hence
they are unable to say any figure.

do you think I can request my HR team to add a sentence stating that "the salary will not decrease in foreseeable future"

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:51 pm

Yes, because I actually detailed my reasons in the employment letters (e.g. not only the sentence I mentioned, but also sth like visit my family & holiday), but as suggested by members here, you do not need to do that

I actually have sth similar to the sentence in your letter initially but changed that later on (e.g. xxx is currently and will be paid in the foreseeable future according to xxxx.....)

I do not think it matters. I have seen people from university not mentioning foreseeable furture at all and get ILR, and their employment letter date after application date and still get ILR.