ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Eu Treaty files waiting time - EU1 or EU1A

Post by Angel99 » Wed May 01, 2024 3:18 am

move_23 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:17 pm
Has anyone received any letter for De Facto Partnership, recently?

We're extremely distressed, since the beginning of December our documents were sent for Stamp4 EUFAM via EUTR1A.

We haven't heard anything from immigration. 5 months with the life stuck.

Last email they answered was in March saying the process was queuing for analysis. Since then, they don't even answer emails.

Does anyone have any idea about what we could do?
Hi,

With de facto partnership, you just have to wait and keep trying to ask for the status of your application. Only married couples can take things further and de facto partners who emigrated from another EU country together with the Residence card.

Ireland is not an EU country to exercise the EU freemovement directive easily especially if the non EU has never had the Residence card in another EU country before.

In most EU-schengen countries your application is finalised within 4 weeks, max 2 months.

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Wed May 01, 2024 9:45 am

The Immigrant Council suggested me to write a letter asking for decision or a temporary permission as more than 6 months have passed citing Section 10 of the free movement directive makes 6 months the upper limit.

I did this and got a response next day that my decision will follow in a week. The decision was not in my favour. Dont think two things are connected but the idea worked .

gulfrador
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by gulfrador » Wed May 01, 2024 7:27 pm

notme wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:45 am
The Immigrant Council suggested me to write a letter asking for decision or a temporary permission as more than 6 months have passed citing Section 10 of the free movement directive makes 6 months the upper limit.

I did this and got a response next day that my decision will follow in a week. The decision was not in my favour. Dont think two things are connected but the idea worked .
Have you sent EUTR4 yet? I sent yesterday, hope will be smooth and fast process..

Kira51
Newly Registered
Ethiopia

Post by Kira51 » Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 am

Hi everyone, I am new here. Learned a lot from your posts; thank you for that 🙌

I appreciate your comments on my situation

My wife (EU national) and I (non-EU national ) got married last year but have been living in an EU country for the past 4 years. We now decided to move to Ireland as part of that plan I applied and Got accepted to study a Masters in Ireland.

My question is will I be able to study after filing EUTR1? Or will it be better If I process my student visa from here and apply later for The strap 4 while being on the stamp 2 (the student permit)

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Thu May 02, 2024 8:34 am

Have you sent EUTR4 yet? I sent yesterday, hope will be smooth and fast process..
Yes... I did. The appeal I think is decided by a different and senior officer. this officer has been kind and fast till now. it has already been acknowledged and I have a App. No. to quote.

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Thu May 02, 2024 8:43 am

My question is will I be able to study after filing EUTR1? Or will it be better If I process my student visa from here and apply later for The strap 4 while being on the stamp 2 (the student permit)
looking at the time line of other users here you may/may not get the temp stamp4 in 3 4 months so may be not take a chance. Getting a students permit might be better as you will have 3 years atleast (1 masters + 2 1G) to wait for Stamp4EUFAM to arrive.

I think other users might have an opinion on if yo being student effects the application in any other way...Is your partner working ? self employed ? sufficient resources. in that regard.

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Thu May 02, 2024 8:45 am

Also I see a repeated advice... maybe registering the permission in other EU countries is easier than registering it here in Ireland. then using the card here.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:12 am

Kira51 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 am

My wife (EU national) and I (non-EU national ) got married last year but have been living in an EU country for the past 4 years. We now decided to move to Ireland as part of that plan I applied and Got accepted to study a Masters in Ireland.

Hi,
You have more privileges with EUTR1 (Stamp 4 EUfam). You will have free tuition as you have spent more than 3 years in an EU country and a family member of EU citizen or EU/Irish citizen tuition tariff.

Plus you also don't need employment permit or any permission to engage in business. You will have same rights as Irish/EU citizen.

If you want to enjoy this privileges, defer your course until you have the stamp 4EUFAM.

****Note; the temporary stamp 4 you will be given while waiting for final approval will not be eligible for this privileges.

Kira51
Newly Registered
Ethiopia

Post by Kira51 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:22 am

notme wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 8:43 am
looking at the time line of other users here you may/may not get the temp stamp4 in 3 4 months so may be not take a chance. Getting a students permit might be better as you will have 3 years atleast (1 masters + 2 1G) to wait for Stamp4EUFAM to arrive.

I think other users might have an opinion on if yo being student effects the application in any other way...Is your partner working ? self employed ? sufficient resources. in that regard.
Thank you, we are working here. We are hoping she will get a job once we got there.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu May 02, 2024 9:38 am

Kira51 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:22 am
notme wrote:

Thank you, we are working here. We are hoping she will get a job once we got there.
I wouldn't go by this option. And your category is not same as his. Yours is EUTR1 (EU spouse -qualified family member - your relationship is proven). His is EUTR1A (de facto partner- permitted family member - they need to prove his relationship is genuine).

If your spouse has employment and from how you emigrated from an EU country, expect to receive your temporary stamp within 2 months or even less. You will receive final decision max 7 months.

Kira51
Newly Registered
Ethiopia

Post by Kira51 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:13 am

Angel99 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:12 am
Kira51 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 6:49 am

Hi,
You have more privileges with EUTR1 (Stamp 4 EUfam). You will have free tuition as you have spent more than 3 years in an EU country and a family member of EU citizen or EU/Irish citizen tuition tariff.

Plus you also don't need employment permit or any permission to engage in business. You will have same rights as Irish/EU citizen.

If you want to enjoy this privileges, defer your course until you have the stamp 4EUFAM.

****Note; the temporary stamp 4 you will be given while waiting for final approval will not be eligible for this privileges.
Thank you for your response, as you pointed out they have told be that even with out the stamp 4 my the Tuition will be in EU rates because I have been living in Europe for the past 3+ years.

Getting the strap 4 is the end goal, I though it will be the best use of my time if i finish my Masters while I wait for the stamp 4.

The two things I can not find information about are
1) if I am able to file the EUTR1 while on a Stamp 2(study permit), if this is allowed, it will give us enough time for my wife to find job work for a month or two and file for my Stam 4, at the mean time my study permit will allow me to work as much as 20hrs/ week

2) the other alternative is to move now and find job and file the EUTR1, for this I am not sure if they allow me to study incase I don't get temporary Stamp 4 on time. Are you allowed to study Before you get your temporary Stam 4?

Kira51
Newly Registered
Ethiopia

Post by Kira51 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:15 am

Angel99 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:38 am
Kira51 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 9:22 am
notme wrote:

I wouldn't go by this option. And your category is not same as his. Yours is EUTR1 (EU spouse -qualified family member - your relationship is proven). His is EUTR1A (de facto partner- permitted family member - they need to prove his relationship is genuine).

If your spouse has employment and from how you emigrated from an EU country, expect to receive your temporary stamp within 2 months or even less. You will receive final decision max 7 months.
Thank you

Az0505
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Az0505 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:38 am

Hi Everyone,

Please I need help about my eutr1,my spouse is Eu citizen (Romania) ..application was sent on 13th march and acknowledgment letter received 19th without temporary permission and no more documents was asked ..how long should I wait to hear from them ..the extension i was given at the airport expired already .

Thanks..

Fzaryan1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Fzaryan1 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:06 am

Hello there,
I came in ireland with my family on 10 sep 2023 and i applied eutr1 for my family on 13 Nov 2023 would it effect my application as i didn’t get any kind of acknowledgment till now neither a stamp4 i have tried to contact them via email and registered post but no response .
Thank you

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:15 am

Az0505 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:38 am
Hi Everyone,

Please I need help about my eutr1,my spouse is Eu citizen (Romania) ..application was sent on 13th march and acknowledgment letter received 19th without temporary permission and no more documents was asked ..how long should I wait to hear from them ..the extension i was given at the airport expired already .

Thanks..
Hi,

I guess you were given 3 months landing stamp? 1 month before it was about to expire you should have contacted them. Fortunately you received an acknowledgement letter so you have your person I.d and application number. You could request that you haven't received any temporary stamp.

Email them requesting for the above and add your person i.d, application number and address.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:23 am

Fzaryan1 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:06 am
Hello there,
I came in ireland with my family on 10 sep 2023 and i applied eutr1 for my family on 13 Nov 2023 would it effect my application as i didn’t get any kind of acknowledgment till now neither a stamp4 i have tried to contact them via email and registered post but no response .
Thank you

No it doesn't make any difference. Your family received 3 months landing stamps at the airport?

Your case, from the time you applied till now is too long. Either your application is abandoned, missing or something. Contact them and ask them to confirm they received your application. Add tracking number and delivery date.

If you still don't recieve a reply send a complaint to Solvit.

https://ec.europa.eu/eu-rights/enquiry- ... solvit-web

Az0505
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Az0505 » Thu May 02, 2024 12:17 pm

Angel99 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:15 am
Az0505 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks..
Hi,

I guess you were given 3 months landing stamp? 1 month before it was about to expire you should have contacted them. Fortunately you received an acknowledgement letter so you have your person I.d and application number. You could request that you haven't received any temporary stamp.

Email them requesting for the above and add your person i.d, application number and address.

Thank you so much for the response i appreciate…I did emailed them and received replied that my application is currently in the queue for processing..please how long do you think it will take .

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Thu May 02, 2024 1:23 pm

Az0505 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 12:17 pm
Angel99 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 11:15 am
Az0505 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks..
Hi,

Thank you so much for the response i appreciate…I did emailed them and received replied that my application is currently in the queue for processing..please how long do you think it will take .
They are obliged to issue you a temporary stamp 4. In other EU countries It's a paper receipt or visa sticker which allows you to work or study while waiting.

Contact them you need a temporary stamp 4, you did not receive it with your acknowledgement letter
and you would like to work. It's affecting you and your spouse financially.

If they delay to respond in a week. Contact Solvit.

caf318
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by caf318 » Fri May 03, 2024 5:30 pm

Hello,

Thank you to all of the board members, I've been lurking and reading advice/timings for a couple of months now. I submitted my EUTR1 application on 7th March, 2024. It was received by registered post on 11th March, 2024. I've yet to hear anything from the DoJ, including any acknowledgment letter, and am beginning to panic as my permission to stay expires on 8th June.

I am based in Dublin and visited Burgh Quay today who told me all I can do is email the EU Treaty Rights Dept, who I've emailed numerous times the last few weeks requesting an acknowledgment letter and a temporary stamp 4. I always just get a generic response back with no helpful information. This morning, I sent a letter by registered post requesting the same, with all of my relevant details.

I just wondered if this wait time is normal for anyone else, and what happens once my permission expires on 8th June? I have a short trip to London planned in August, as well as a trip home to America in September, and I'm worried I'd be denied re-entry back into Ireland if my permission is expired. I'd feel so much better having the acknowledgment letter from the DoJ but their email system seems impenetrable.

Any advice or similar stories would be helpful!

Mace_windu
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mace_windu » Sat May 04, 2024 12:54 am

Update eutr1
Application date: 11 November 2023
Application received: 12 November 2023
Date of acknowledgement letter: 11 December 2023*
Date of final approval: 3 April 2024.

*(with temporary stamp 4 valid for 8 months asking for bank statement in applicant's name)

Ps we missed the an post delivery notice so the final approval was sent back and they sent it back on 17 April.

Now we are waiting for the card.
Thank you to everyone here for your assistance particularly angel99.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Sat May 04, 2024 3:47 am

caf318 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 5:30 pm
Hello,

Thank you to all of the board members, I've been lurking and reading advice/timings for a couple of months now. I submitted my EUTR1 application on 7th March, 2024. It was received by registered post on 11th March, 2024. I've yet to hear anything from the DoJ, including any acknowledgment letter, and am beginning to panic as my permission to stay expires on 8th June.

I am based in Dublin and visited Burgh Quay today who told me all I can do is email the EU Treaty Rights Dept, who I've emailed numerous times the last few weeks requesting an acknowledgment letter and a temporary stamp 4. I always just get a generic response back with no helpful information. This morning, I sent a letter by registered post requesting the same, with all of my relevant details.

I just wondered if this wait time is normal for anyone else, and what happens once my permission expires on 8th June? I have a short trip to London planned in August, as well as a trip home to America in September, and I'm worried I'd be denied re-entry back into Ireland if my permission is expired. I'd feel so much better having the acknowledgment letter from the DoJ but their email system seems impenetrable.

Any advice or similar stories would be helpful!
Your letter and email should include;
Your name
Your spouse name
Your date of birth
Address with Eirecode
Post tracking number
Sending date
Delivery date.

Unfortunately that's how it is for Ireland until they join Schengen someday. By the mid of May if you don't receive any correspondence from them, send them another letter and new email ( don't use previous sent email) then on subject write Acknowledgement letter and Temporary stamp 4 (After 1 week no reply, contact Solvit)

If your visa expire, you are allowed to stay so far as you are still a qualified family member of an EU citizen ( Technically you have unlimited stay in EU)

Wait until you receive a temporary stamp 4 before you travel. Else you will have a hard time with the border officials when you are returning from America. UK to Ireland won't be a problem if you are travelling with your spouse. Use the Northern Ireland route to enter Ireland.

Eni97
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Eni97 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:16 am

Good morning
I relocated from Italy to Ireland almost four months ago with my husband and two children.I am currently employed and so using my EU treaty rights in this country.We sent the EUTR1 form by registered post on the 22 of march 2024 and It has arrived to the EU treaty department on the 25 of march.My husband's visa has expired on the 27th of april and until now we have not received any acknowledgment letter for a temporary stamp.I contacted the EU treaty department many many times via email the only thing they say is that the application is on the queue and that someone will be in contact in due course.
My husband has an Italian residence permit he has been living there since he was 15 years old( now he's 28) and he is a qualified member too.
Please what can we do in this situation it is affecting us financially as we have two children and he can't work plus he's visa has expired too so he can't even travel to go and visit he's family in Italy because if he comes back here he doesn't have any letter or any temporary stamp.
Please what can we do?Is It normale to take this long to have an acknowledgment letter of you are a qualified member?
Thanks
best regards

Eni97
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Eni97 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:16 am

Good morning
I relocated from Italy to Ireland almost four months ago with my husband and two children.I am currently employed and so using my EU treaty rights in this country.We sent the EUTR1 form by registered post on the 22 of march 2024 and It has arrived to the EU treaty department on the 25 of march.My husband's visa has expired on the 27th of april and until now we have not received any acknowledgment letter for a temporary stamp.I contacted the EU treaty department many many times via email the only thing they say is that the application is on the queue and that someone will be in contact in due course.
My husband has an Italian residence permit he has been living there since he was 15 years old( now he's 28) and he is a qualified member too.
Please what can we do in this situation it is affecting us financially as we have two children and he can't work plus he's visa has expired too so he can't even travel to go and visit he's family in Italy because if he comes back here he doesn't have any letter or any temporary stamp.
Please what can we do?Is It normale to take this long to have an acknowledgment letter of you are a qualified member?
Thanks
best regards

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:00 am

Eni97 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:16 am
Good morning
Thanks
best regards
Contact them in a week, I gave example how to and what to write as subject in the post above yours.

If they don't respond by a week contact
https://ec.europa.eu/solvit/index_en.htm

I believe your kids have Italian citizenship. When you were submitting the EUTR1 you should have added **copies of their birth certificate, I.Ds and your husband's permesso di soggiorno in Italy. It would have helped to speed up for them to give your husband temporary stamp 4**.

Some questions for you.

*Did your employer fill out, sign and stamp the employer declaration form?
*if you are paid weekly, did you add 2 payslips?
*Did you add a copy of your employment contract?

Eni97
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Eni97 » Tue May 07, 2024 11:19 am

Yes our children have Italian Citizenship.In the application form we did put: he's permesso di soggiorno,identity card of both children (where It Is written both my name and my husband's name and their act of birth), marriage certificate,my work contract and my employer aslo filled up the appendix B with the stamp and everything.The only thing we didin't put was the payslips because It was only one week i started the job and I get payd fortnightly,he's visa was soon to expire and we wanted to send the form as soon as possible.What do you advice me to do.Thanks