ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa refusal. Coudn't contact bank.

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mallakxxx
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Student visa refusal. Coudn't contact bank.

Post by mallakxxx » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:58 am

Hi.
My sister applied for a student visa from Pakistan.
Got an email that it is not straight forward and that UKVI cannot seem to contact the financial institute and to submit alternative evidence within ten days , otherwise theyll proceed with the docs that were sent.

Went to bank and they said no one has contacted them and other people have had similar issues.

Printed out a new bank statement that was attested and stamped.
Printed out a letter that stated that all the details were correct and all the ukvi requirements have been fulfilled etc and bank is verifying it. The letter was also stamped and signed by bank officials.
Also attached a cover letter that stated that we have personally visited the branch and the head office and they have assured us that no one has been in touch and they have a dedicated team specifically to deal with such queries.
It also asked them to provide any sort of details or evidence of who or when or how they been trying to contact the bank so it can be followed up with the bank from our side.

The letter also gave contact details of the bank manager and to contact him if further verification/information was required.

Recceived a refusal letter on the 6th working day from the letter from ukvi.
Same reason.

You have submitted a statement from Standard Chartered bank for account number
****7201 however, despite numerous attempts by this office to verify this document
the results have returned as inconclusive due to being unable to contact this financial
institution.
Demonstrating evidential flexibility we allowed 10 working days for this process and
also contacted you on 04/09/2023 requesting alternative financial documents. You
have submitted the same financial document however, you have not submitted any
further documentation to demonstrate alternative funds.
In order to independently verify the authenticity of your document we must confirm
this with central records and not your individual branch. As we have been unable to
contact this financial institutio

So they asked for more evidence on 04/09/2023. It was sent to them on 07/09/2023. And decision was made on 11/09/2023.

The bank is still claiming that no one contacted them so far.

The uni has refused to issue another CAS and advised to go for admin review.

I am hoping someone can help with the following questions if possible please :

1. Are they supposed make a decision within the ten working days to provide more evidence as they suggested? What if we were going to send more evidence within that time frame?

2. What alternative evidence could possibly be provided other then bank statement and a letter from the bank? The funds have to be maintained in the account for 28 days so its not like you can move them to a different account in a different bank.

3. At no point does UKVI asks to provide contact details of someone from the bank. The bank statement has the branch telephone number and the UAN number for the bank.
Isnt it their responsibility to have means to verify the bank details independently and if not, atleast ask the applicant to provide the contact details and not ask for alternate financial evidence?

-- reading online and talking to other students, ive learned that ideally you should have the bank manager sign the letter and put their contact details on the letter. Or attach their business card.
I have also been told that people have been interviewed and asked explicitly to get their bank to respond to emails, or to write an email to UKVI, and were provided an exact email address and subject line to do so.
Its a bummer that they didnt do that in this case.

4. Admin review is the only course of action now? She has already missed the sept intake so not much consolation even if they overturn the decision.

5.There is no Jan intake for the course, so even a if decision is overturn by admin review, what happens? The particular uni and course is not feasible anymore so she will apply for January intake in other universities. We cant ask the uni to return the deposit while this admin review is ongoing? Or are they going to reverse their decision and thats that?

6. How can I follow this up more, and with who? How can i ask for evidence of these numerous efforts they made to contact the bank? And is it worth making a complaint as no matter what, it has been a stressfull experience and waste of few months and money even if she gets into Jan intake?

Apologies for the long rambling-ish post.

Any advice, suggestion or help would be very very appreciated.

mallakxxx
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Re: Student visa refusal. Coudn't contact bank.

Post by mallakxxx » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:06 am

Hi,
Can I please ask if anyone can help me to figure out the best way to ask UKVI to provide their document verification report regarding the application mentioned above.

Or does SAR provide this information as well?

muneeza19
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by muneeza19 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:42 pm

As per this line: "In order to independently verify the authenticity of your document we must confirm
this with central records and not your individual branch."

I think they're saying they wanted to contact head office and the head office didn't responded. My bank manager also tole me that ukvi do not contact us (branch where u have account) but the headoffice of our bank.

vinny1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by vinny1989 » Thu May 02, 2024 6:32 am

I was refused because of the same reason I asked my bank they said we have no idea where it went .. My bank is SBI. Can some one please help whether if we reapply like new student visa for september intake will I get visa or I will be refused again ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 08, 2024 12:28 pm

Don't dig up old post. Keep your questions to your existing topic