ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment availablity at Birmingham CGI for signing declaration for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SPatel86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Appointment availablity at Birmingham CGI for signing declaration for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship

Post by SPatel86 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:16 am

Hi,

I have received my passport surrender certificate in mail. Now I want to apply for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship. I am aware reading other posts that I have to book Appointment with CGI to get declaration signed by Consular. I live in West Midlands and will belong to Birmingham CGI jurisdictions. But I cannot find any appointments until May end. Alternatively, VFS Goswell has availablity and I am happy to travel to London.

As I understand there are 2 parts here, first get signature from consular at CGI and then visit VFS to submit the application.

I have called VFS to ask whether I can book appointment at VFS Goswell and they said yes.

But I want to know whether consular in London will sign declaration for me as I am not in London jurisdiction? Has anyone else had any similar experience where they visited other jurisdiction's CGI?

Any help will be useful.

Regards.

SPatel86
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Appointment availablity at Birmingham CGI for signing declaration for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship

Post by SPatel86 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:08 pm

Any guidance on the below is much appreciated. If someone else has successfully submitted Renunciation application outside of their CGI's jurisdiction.

Regards

Kumarsg
Newly Registered
India

Re: Appointment availablity at Birmingham CGI for signing declaration for Renunciation of Indian Citizenship

Post by Kumarsg » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:58 pm

Hi I am also in similar situation ,couldn`t find any appointments in Birmingham. Can I book an appointment in London which falls outside my jurisdiction?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated ,TIA

Happyness
Newly Registered
India

Post by Happyness » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 pm

Hello friends,
Has anyone has an update as to if we all being outside the jurisdiction can still do renunciation application in London. No appointments available in Birmingham for next 1.5 months.
Thanks.

sanwne
Newly Registered
India

Post by sanwne » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:04 pm

Yes. I applied at VFS Goswell for Renunciation & OCI, even though I got the passport surrendered through VFS Birmingham.

sprcoci
Newly Registered
India

Post by sprcoci » Thu May 02, 2024 5:07 pm

I was worried the same regarding the availability but all of a sudden many slots available as of now.

The all the slot duration is just 2 mins, I am curious that what will be the mandatory documents or procedures fits with in 2 mins.

Anyone had previous experience with Birmingham CGI for Renunciation ?, Could you please share your experience

Thanks

crazytester
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by crazytester » Fri May 03, 2024 7:28 am

I completed my renunciation at Birmingham CGI earlier this year. If I remember correctly, regardless of the appointment time, you simply have to approach the counter when your token number is called, sign the form in front of the official, and submit it there. You have to wait until they conduct the checks and stamp the form.

After processing the documents for all the applicants, they distribute the forms by calling your name. You will then be asked to go to the VFS to submit the form along with the documents and payment (if you haven’t already done so online).