ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration advice please urgently

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jawadkhan1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Immigration advice please urgently

Post by Jawadkhan1 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:35 pm

Hi guys hope everyone ok I came as a student visa I was overstay 6 years I claimed asylum I being married with British citizen since 2021 we try for a baby many time through ivf but unsuccessful we have all documents plus we have both name tenancy agreements, council tax, joint bank,electric bills. Plus my with is not working she is on pip and universal credit my asylum was refused and count even refused my permission to appeal I am confused please advise many thanks in advance bless.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Immigration advice please urgently

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:15 pm

You have at least two routes:
Spouse visa or Private Life.
Private Life would probably be a better option given your immigration history

Ebitimi12345
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ebitimi12345 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm

Hi frontier mole, thanks for your prompt response to his query. Pls do you know anyone that have done your recommendation and application was successful either through spouse visa or private life?. I look forward to hearing from you

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Post by samwise1 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 pm

Hi Bud,

I'm on the same path as Frontier mentioned above, There is no guarantee you need to drill that in your mind so you don't get disappointed.

You can put all evidence or the whole world in an application but if the case worker feels he/she/they have discretion to refuse the application just on your being overstayed they will! So be prepared to get good lawyers so you can at least get your application properly done.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:22 pm

I am aware of successful applications through both routes after overstaying.
The spouse visa is probably the better and quicker route in general terms.

London_888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by London_888 » Sat May 04, 2024 12:40 am

Ebitimi12345 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm
do you know anyone that have done your recommendation and application was successful through spouse visa
My route was student visa -> overstay of over 10 years -> marriage -> successful Spouse visa application (FLR(FP)). The positive decision came surprisingly quick (I was expecting a battle). I did explain in great detail the circumstances why I overstayed and why family life in my home country wouldn't be possible. I'd also guess that it depends on mood of case worker, individual story and, in your case, how asylum claim fits into this.

samwise1
Saudi Arabia

Post by samwise1 » Sat May 04, 2024 8:00 am

London_888 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:40 am
Ebitimi12345 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:17 pm
do you know anyone that have done your recommendation and application was successful through spouse visa
My route was student visa -> overstay of over 10 years -> marriage -> successful Spouse visa application (FLR(FP)). The positive decision came surprisingly quick (I was expecting a battle). I did explain in great detail the circumstances why I overstayed and why family life in my home country wouldn't be possible. I'd also guess that it depends on mood of case worker, individual story and, in your case, how asylum claim fits into this.
Hi Mate, Did your case went to the court ? or was approved at HO level ? I'm in the same boat as you were previously. Which country if i may ask ?

London_888
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by London_888 » Mon May 06, 2024 12:00 am

[/quote]

Hi Mate, Did your case went to the court ? or was approved at HO level ? I'm in the same boat as you were previously. Which country if i may ask ?
[/quote]

Hey,
My case got approved straightaway, without going to the court. Technically, HO wants you to go back to your country and apply from there, but my lawyer said that it's unlikely in my case, provided that we fulfil all requrements and prove that our relationship is genuine/substantial. My citizenship is Russian and HO accepted that it wouldn't be reasonable for me and my husband to build our life there. (I also explained why it wouldn't be safe for me to return to apply from Russia for many reasons outside of my control)

Good luck with your case - I know how stressful it is, but there's definitely hope out there!