ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR IndefinitILR: Using Spouse's Self-Employment Income as Financial Proof

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrajmani121
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

FLR IndefinitILR: Using Spouse's Self-Employment Income as Financial Proof

Post by mrajmani121 » Fri May 03, 2024 7:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the process of applying for the FLR Indefinite Leave to Remain visa in the UK (Family Route) and could use some advice regarding financial proof.

Here's my situation: I have been working, but due to my company facing liquidation at the end of the month, some of my monthly salaries are missing from my employment records. To compensate for this, I am planning to rely on my wife's income, who has recently transitioned into self-employment.

Before April, she had been working full-time as an employee with a salary of £2300 per month post-tax in public sector. However, she was let go in April and subsequently started working as self-employed.

My wife has just started her self-employment journey, and therefore, we don't have formal business registration documents for her. However, we do have evidence such as invoices, contract with client as a subcontractor (They are based in UAE), and bank statements showing payments received for her services.

I'm wondering how best to present this information in my visa application and if relying on my wife's self-employment income, along with her previous employment income, will suffice as financial proof. Any advice or insights on similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR IndefinitILR: Using Spouse's Self-Employment Income as Financial Proof

Post by zimba » Sat May 04, 2024 2:27 pm

I am afraid you can't rely on her self-employment as income requirements under category F/G require annual accounts or yearly self-assessment on top of a slew of other documents. Self-employed or directors who have not filed their annual taxes cannot use the income at all.

There is a whole guide on how to meet the income requirement: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

Do you have any cash savings to supplement your income instead ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mrajmani121
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by mrajmani121 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:21 pm

We have between 15k/18k savings but the balance has been changing like we took 5k and out it back a few months ago when needed , added more money etc

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 10:47 am

Then she cannot qualify for ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mrajmani121
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by mrajmani121 » Sun May 19, 2024 1:55 pm

She has earned well over 18600 in past 12 months and infact her earnings before tax in last 6 months from NHS are about 15330, will that not be enough ? even though she has no job now can we not use this as financial proof ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun May 19, 2024 4:21 pm

mrajmani121 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 1:55 pm
She has earned well over 18600 in past 12 months and infact her earnings before tax in last 6 months from NHS are about 15330, will that not be enough ? even though she has no job now can we not use this as financial proof ?
It is NOT just about earning enough over the past 12 months. Given that the source of income no longer exists, she cannot claim that income to qualify under category A. She can use her income over 12 months to satisfy one part of the requirements under category B however she cannot even apply under category B, as she is self-employed.

These are all explained in the guide I shared above. So I suggest carefully reading the official guide to understand the requirements. ILR under this route requires careful planning to avoid situations like this !