ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in Process of Teir1 (General) Application(Mumbai)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mebss
Newly Registered

Delay in Process of Teir1 (General) Application(Mumbai)

Post by mebss » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi Friends, can somebody please help me with this. I have applied for teir1 (General) on 31st october 2008 now its has been 02nd jan 2009 but i have not heard from BHC. I have recieved a verification call from integra on 10th of Nov. I dont understand what could be the problem with my application, i dont know if i am the only one whose application has been delayed. Please help me with this.

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:33 pm

There are a few of us who feel that our applications are taking time, but your case seems to be an extreme case as you had applied much before us - 31/10/08 whereas some of us had applied on 8/12/08.

There is definitely a delay in Tier 1 visa processing from Mumbai. Anyways good luck to all.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Delay in Process of Teir1 (General) Application(Mumbai)

Post by gotcha » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:53 pm

mebss wrote:Hi Friends, can somebody please help me with this. I have applied for teir1 (General) on 31st october 2008 now its has been 02nd jan 2009 but i have not heard from BHC. I have recieved a verification call from integra on 10th of Nov. I dont understand what could be the problem with my application, i dont know if i am the only one whose application has been delayed. Please help me with this.
I know somebody, who applied couple of days before you and still waiting. there seems to be some problem with Mumbai BHC system, as they relocated in oct.

So don't worry.

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:17 pm

A few members here have got their visa processed earlier, for example sureshep, a member of this forum applied on 5/12/08 from Mumbai VFS and got his passport stamped on 18/12/08.

The fact is no one really knows how the BHCs work!

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:12 pm

i applied from vfs pune where application comes to BHC mumbai only for futher processsing.
I applied on 21 Nov. mine is also same case, no update since then. i did not receive any call from integra, however there was inquiry in my company's HR department though.

what is the process followed by BHC, any idea?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:45 pm

harshil223 wrote:i applied from vfs pune where application comes to BHC mumbai only for futher processsing.
I applied on 21 Nov. mine is also same case, no update since then. i did not receive any call from integra, however there was inquiry in my company's HR department though.

what is the process followed by BHC, any idea?
INTEGRA never contacts the applicants directly. Do you know who called your HR deptt. (INTEGRA or BHC)?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

suhassom
Newly Registered

Post by suhassom » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi All,
I also applied from Pune VFS on 29th October and I am still waiting for EC VISA. I keep calling to Mumbai VFS no :022 6650 2181 continouysly but no one bothers to pick up the phone and it is engaged most of the time.
Is there any way out as I need EC VISA very urgently?

Thanks and Regards
Suhas

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:31 pm

suhassom wrote:Hi All,
I also applied from Pune VFS on 29th October and I am still waiting for EC VISA. I keep calling to Mumbai VFS no :022 6650 2181 continouysly but no one bothers to pick up the phone and it is engaged most of the time.
Is there any way out as I need EC VISA very urgently?

Thanks and Regards
Suhas
VFS can not update you on the VISA application status. You should contact BHC directly.
regards,
push

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:04 pm

nopes, i have no idea who contacted my HR. but i was told that my salary details are being inquired. this happend in last week of nov only i.e. next week of my application.

is there any definite time line by when decision must be made and applicant must be informed?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:11 pm

harshil223 wrote:nopes, i have no idea who contacted my HR. but i was told that my salary details are being inquired. this happend in last week of nov only i.e. next week of my application.

is there any definite time line by when decision must be made and applicant must be informed?
Not sure about that but this could have been the cause of of delays :
Delay in visa services

Technical problems have affected Visa Services' operations worldwide. These have now been resolved, but customers may experience slight delays as Visa Services clears the backlog of applications and returns to business as usual.

Please contact VFS Global Ltd with general visa enquiries on 080 40084008.

although it is dated 12.12.2008, I suspect that the backlog is still there due to year end vacations.
regards,
push

suhassom
Newly Registered

Post by suhassom » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:11 am

Actually I called to BHC Bangalore number also but they tell me same status as Application has been forwarded to BHC on 29th Oct and it is still under process. They never give detail status as Integra verfication has been or how many days it wil require more?
Actually I already got job in UK so I need to join that ASAP otherwise I will loose my job so I want to get EC ASAP.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:00 am

Actually I called to BHC Bangalore number also but they tell me same status as Application has been forwarded to BHC on 29th Oct and it is still under process. They never give detail status as Integra verfication has been or how many days it wil require more?
Actually I already got job in UK so I need to join that ASAP otherwise I will loose my job so I want to get EC ASAP.
suhassom
I hope u had called VFS customer care number in Bangalore(080 - 40084008) . They can only tell u description available on Status tracking page in VFS UK website. and for South India - BHC is in Chennai
Please call BHC Chennai @ 044- 42192308 or email to them : Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk

suhassom
Newly Registered

Post by suhassom » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:53 am

Hi sv23367,
Actually I have applied at Pune VFS office so I need to contact Mumbai office. That is why I contacted on Mumbai number as I mentioned earlier and also send mail to Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk but they are not replying to mails. I have send mail almost 3-4 times in this week and last week but no reply. I send them the Fax also for speeding up the progress but I do not see much progress :cry: .
Is anyone know how to proceed further or push them for speeding up the application?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:31 am

suhassom wrote:Hi sv23367,
Actually I have applied at Pune VFS office so I need to contact Mumbai office. That is why I contacted on Mumbai number as I mentioned earlier and also send mail to Bombay.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk but they are not replying to mails. I have send mail almost 3-4 times in this week and last week but no reply. I send them the Fax also for speeding up the progress but I do not see much progress :cry: .
Is anyone know how to proceed further or push them for speeding up the application?
Mate you have been trying to call up VFS Mumbai and not BHC Mumbai. Call BHC Mumbai
suhassom wrote: I keep calling to Mumbai VFS no :022 6650 2181
regards,
push

suhassom
Newly Registered

Post by suhassom » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi push_hsmp,
Can you please tell me the BHC Mumbai number as I do not have that?
This will be great help.

Regards
Suhas

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:43 pm

suhassom wrote:Hi push_hsmp,
Can you please tell me the BHC Mumbai number as I do not have that?
This will be great help.

Regards
Suhas
This is from BHC's website:

Telephone:

(91) (22) 66502222
Fax: (91) (22) 66502324

Email: postmaster.bomba@fco.gov.uk

try to get through to the VISA section. They should be able to help you.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:09 pm

& another number is 66502181
regards,
push

mebss
Newly Registered

Post by mebss » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi Friends
I Have come to know about two guys who have recently applied for teir1 general one got his visa stamped in 4 working days and the second got visa stamped in 6 working days. Thats realy quick i dont understand why my application is take more than two months. Is it that they are clearing new applications and have kept pending all old application. Please commemt on this.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:44 pm

mebss wrote: Is it that they are clearing new applications and have kept pending all old application. Please commemt on this.
That seems highly unlikely.
regards,
push

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:44 pm

Thats exactly what I had mentioned earlier, no one really knows how the BHCs work!

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:47 pm

I had received contradictory information from the VFS team. The person accepting my application informed me that it takes 15 working days for the tier 1 visa to be processed and the lady at the biometric counter informed me that its takes 4 working days!

Don't know who is to be believed, though the VFS website states the timescale of 15 working days.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:08 pm

harakiri wrote:I had received contradictory information from the VFS team. The person accepting my application informed me that it takes 15 working days for the tier 1 visa to be processed and the lady at the biometric counter informed me that its takes 4 working days!

Don't know who is to be believed, though the VFS website states the timescale of 15 working days.
VFS is no more than a post office/pre-processing outlets for BHC. Only BHC can tell you what are the actual timelines and again these differ as per individual circumstances (verification etc.). So VFS can provide you a broad range based on the their experience only but not a very reliable information.
regards,
push

raja2008
Newly Registered

Post by raja2008 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi All,

There was a post of applicant applied in october (pasted below). It seems Mumbai BDHC is taking time for Tier1 application applied before december. Reason can be they have eliminated Integra checks for recent applications.

It seems they are processing application in 8-9 weeks. Be ready to wait for this long.

I applied on 21-Nov-2008 and still waiting sent several mails but no response.

Regards,

Vishal31 wrote:Guys,

Finally i got my tier 1 visa after a wait of 9 weeks. I am really happy - this is the best Christmas gift i could get.

Date of application: 15th October from Bombay
Integra : No clue
Visa stamped: 19th December 08.

All the best to you all.

Merry Christmas & Happy new year

Ciao

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Reason can be they have eliminated Integra checks for recent applications.
Do you have any confirmation on this?
regards,
push

ramsekhar
Newly Registered

Post by ramsekhar » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:57 am

Hi all,

Below are my time lines..

Applied :15-12-08
Center: PUNE VFS
Status on 05-01-2009 = Application has been forwarded to BHC.

Below are my friends time lines....

Applied :12-12-08
Center: PUNE VFS
Status on 05-01-2009 = Application has been forwarded to BHC.

Both of us are waiting for result. :roll: