ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK and Ireland border data.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CharlieC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK and Ireland border data.

Post by CharlieC » Tue May 07, 2024 1:29 am

Hi everyone,
Looking for some advice.
My partner and i are due to visit Ireland at the end of this month as part of a multi stop vacation.
To cut a long story short she just informed me that she had actually overstayed on a tourism Visa in the UK last year. By a considerable amount (around 12 months i believe) due to the fact she has an unoperable brain tumour. she travelled to the UK as her future was uncertain and it was somewhere she always wanted to visit. but she then became more and more unwell, and was advised by her home country doctor to not absolutely travel under any circumstances (she has these letters). She was cared for by a family friend in the UK during this time with natural medicine and therapeutics - so no no hospital admin . She does have however have her disability documentation stating her condition, along with xrays and letters from her doctors in Brazil saying not to travel during 2021/22.

She left the UK directly once her health improved. Upon leaving she explained the situation to inmigration staff at londons heathrow airport. They were very kind, saying no action would be taken but given her circumstances she should have contacted them during her (over)stay. No record was taken or note made in her passport and she flew home. The staff did mention however that if she were to ever make a long term Visa application in the UK it could be an issue.

I am now worried as to what may happen at Dublin airport when we arrive there in a few weeks. As i know the UK and Ireland share some data on migration - its unclear what exactly as it seems to be more about work/study visas and persons of interest etc..and they are seperate countries
We will be in dublin for around 9 days as part of a multi-stop trip to Europe. So she will have all this itinerary and plenty of fund$ on arrival, please note we will NOT be visiting the UK.
Then straight back to Brazil

Will her precvious over stay in the UK be flagged at Dublin airport?

Thanks?

meself2
Ireland

Re: UK and Ireland border data.

Post by meself2 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:04 am

We, strangers on the forum, could not give a yes or no answer, as none of us work for Gardai.
It might as well be flagged and cause issues.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue May 07, 2024 7:48 am

Hi,

UK and Ireland share immigration data because of the CTA. Any trips to the British Isles will be affected. Her trips to mainland Europe won't be affected because there wasn't any cross or some markings on her entry or exit stamp.

I'm very sure they put a ban on her. They don't always need to leave a note in your passport.

If she had been admitted to a hospital in UK and home office was contacted by the hospital, it would have been a different story.

I will advise her to avoid Ireland for some years or risk it.

CharlieC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CharlieC » Tue May 07, 2024 8:45 am

Hi thank you for your reply!
While I understand nobody can definitively answer this i truly appreciate your opinion.
May i ask what you mean by British Isles? Does this include Dublin? Please excuse my ignorance here, i am just not clear exactly on that.

To reiterate we will not be intending to enter the UK at all.
our trip is Rio - Madrid, Madrid - Dublin, Dublin - Amsterdam, Amsterdam- Paris, Paris - Madrid , then back to Rio,Brazil.
Accommodation is booked and she has her own funds.

So would her overstay have been registered by her flight exit from Heathrow? I am not clear on how it is recorded..

I am just praying that if any issue comes up she can explain her scenario, with supporting documentation and medical history and the fact we have no intention of going near the UK.

Thank you again for you time and attention.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:52 am

CharlieC wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:45 am
May i ask what you mean by British Isles? Does this include Dublin?
Yes, British Isles consist of (among others) the island of Ireland, which has NI and ROI.
CharlieC wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:45 am
the fact we have no intention of going near the UK.
Due to proximity of Ireland to UK, I doubt that will be trusted, unfortunately.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue May 07, 2024 9:18 am

As Meself2 has advised you enough,

And again from the day her allowed entry to UK expired and she wasn't given any permission to remain, she is marked as an overstayer/illegal migrant and placed on a Do Not Admit List in the CTA. This can even affect visit to Canada, Australia and New Zealand since they have some agreements with UK.

If Ireland should refuse her entry, it will also affect her visit to EU. Ireland is also part of EU and share information with them.

She has to choose her fate for the far future not just the nearest one.

**She should let her case in UK cool off.
It won't hurt to exclude Dublin in your travel plans and just visit Schengen area peace of mind. Unless you have other intended plans there you haven't told us.

CharlieC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CharlieC » Tue May 07, 2024 9:31 am

no undisclosed intentions at all, just didn’t initially think this would be an issue entering Ireland for a short vacation. But now seems like a huge concern, and something that can hugely jeopardise all future travel plans of ours.

I appreciate what your saying about long/short term future.

Is there any way you are aware of for her to request info on her status and duration thereof with the UK border agency?

Many thanks again

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue May 07, 2024 10:43 am

CharlieC wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:31 am
no undisclosed intentions at all, just didn’t initially think this would be an issue entering Ireland for a short vacation. But now seems like a huge concern, and something that can hugely jeopardise all future travel plans of ours.

Is there any way you are aware of for her to request info on her status and duration thereof with the UK border agency?

Many thanks again
Would be hard to get such info when outside UK. She is a visa waiver national and doesn't require short stay visa too. Only way is through a legal representative in UK or she tries to travel or transit there.

KyukChick
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KyukChick » Tue May 07, 2024 12:39 pm

CharlieC wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:31 am

Many thanks again
What travel permission does she have to visit Ireland? Note that the Republic of Ireland (with Dublin as the capital city) is not on the Schengen Area, so she would need an Irish visa. One of the important questions during visa application is whether the individual has ever overstayed a visa anywhere in the world, and she can use that opportunity to make a declaration about the UK issue. The CTA and I also believe ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation) rules that govern the skies also keep a database of visa overstays and denials: an embassy will ask the applicant the question and verify the response on the shared systems.

CharlieC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CharlieC » Tue May 07, 2024 2:14 pm

Hi! Thanks for your reply.

She does not require a Visa to visit Ireland as a Brazilian national.

She was also issued a new passport recenty, although i assume data is held by name,d.o.b etc, so wouldnt help.

I feel awful as I really pushed the Ireland leg of our trip as I am very keen to visit Dublin.

KyukChick
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KyukChick » Tue May 07, 2024 5:18 pm

In that case, as Angel99 has said, sadly there is no way for you to know unless you simply fly into Dublin airport.

CharlieC
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CharlieC » Tue May 07, 2024 7:20 pm

I was thinking maybe if when she enters the passenger API for Madrid - Dublin flight she would be notified..? As checking clearance is supposedly one of the purposes for supplying it.

Thank you all for your time and attention, really appreciate it

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue May 07, 2024 9:31 pm

She would not be notified as once in the CTA the movement between CTA is not monitored at the same level as entry to CTA.
I hate to add to your concerns, there is no certainties even on entry to the EU despite the visa free entry. When you present at the principal control point at the border officer will present the passport to a system that will identify her as an overstayer. The UK still shares this information with many EU states.
I would very seriously apply upfront for a Shengen visa to enter at Madrid.