ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation app queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

macandersonuche1997
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Naturalisation app queries

Post by macandersonuche1997 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:38 am

I am about to apply for my citizenship towards the end of June under the long residency and 1 year ILR.

I am very nervous as between 2016 and 2019 I worked over 20hrs a week while I was on a student visa but it didn't affect my ILR application, could it affect my citizenship application?

Also do i have to wait until the end of June (to make it 1 year holding an ILR) to make my application?

Also please does anyone have any general advice when making the application. Must I use a lawyer?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation app queries

Post by meself2 » Tue May 07, 2024 8:54 am

macandersonuche1997 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:38 am
Also do i have to wait until the end of June (to make it 1 year holding an ILR) to make my application?
Yes.
Must I use a lawyer?
No need. Go through it and ask stuff in this topic if unclear.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 07, 2024 9:04 am

I am about to apply for my citizenship towards the end of June under the long residency and 1 year ILR.

I am very nervous as between 2016 and 2019 I worked over 20hrs a week while I was on a student visa but it didn't affect my ILR application, could it affect my citizenship application?

Also please does anyone have any general advice when making the application. Must I use a lawyer?
How long did this violation last? if you worked a full time job while on that restriction it is very different than accidentally exceeding the limit once or twice. If it is the latter, unlikely to cause any issues.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

macandersonuche1997
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by macandersonuche1997 » Tue May 07, 2024 3:47 pm

Basically it was over a period of 4 years while I was studying and It was with an agency so I had 0 hours contract but I did occasionally exceed the 20hrs limit

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue May 07, 2024 3:55 pm

If it was only occasional, as I said below, I would say no need to worry.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

ehigie42
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ehigie42 » Wed May 08, 2024 7:32 am

it better to wait for the due date, and the application is very straightforward you can apply by yourself, i did mine in feb 7th got approved may 2nd

macandersonuche1997
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by macandersonuche1997 » Wed May 08, 2024 7:01 pm

Alright thanks
I'll wait till due date.
I'm just worries that since I worked over 20 hrs a week multiple times between 2016 and 2019 it could affect the application. Could this lead to rejection?

Also I have 2 references both are my friends, they're both professionals though. Should I just address them as friends or professional mentor in the application

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 09, 2024 7:28 am

Wed May 08, 2024 7:01 pm
Alright thanks
I'll wait till due date.
I'm just worries that since I worked over 20 hrs a week multiple times between 2016 and 2019 it could affect the application. Could this lead to rejection? This is nothing to fret about.

Also I have 2 references both are my friends, they're both professionals though. Should I just address them as friends or professional mentor in the application
One as professional with their title or role, one as friend