ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expiring IRP after attending Feb Ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ArtifaX
Newly Registered
Ireland

Expiring IRP after attending Feb Ceremony

Post by ArtifaX » Tue May 07, 2024 10:57 am

Hi,

I have a travel plan to leave Ireland on 26th of June and return on 12th of July.
My IRP expires on 1st of July.
Since I attended 26th of Feb ceremony and was promised a couple of weeks to get a certificate, I have relied on that and getting new passport for future travel. As of now - no certificate.
Now I am confused on what to do.
Should I be applying for IRP renewal and paying 300 or there are other options?
Seems stupid that being a citizen I have no proof of it and might still require an IRP 5 months after the fact.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Expiring IRP after attending Feb Ceremony

Post by meself2 » Tue May 07, 2024 5:28 pm

ArtifaX wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:57 am
They might not give you one as you're already a citizen.

You can wait for certificate and hope it comes in the next few weeks (keep in mind first time passports take a month/2 months); if you don't get anything by then, there's a possibility you can get a single re entry visa, see post2044798.html#p2044798 .
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue May 07, 2024 6:04 pm

Yeah just get a re-entry visa. In fact I would say just apply for it now. Even if you get a naturalisation certificate tomorrow, it may still be too late to get an Irish passport in time.

If you don’t live in Dublin, send a paper application in by post. Remember to include proof of flights and proof of naturalisation approval.

Application form here: https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachta ... 22_en.docx

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:39 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:28 pm
ArtifaX wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:57 am
They might not give you one as you're already a citizen.

You can wait for certificate and hope it comes in the next few weeks (keep in mind first time passports take a month/2 months); if you don't get anything by then, there's a possibility you can get a single re entry visa, see post2044798.html#p2044798 .
do they really not give you the IRP if you have taken the oath? I read somewhere that they can and they won't charge you for it but the re-entry visa seems so old and I don't think it even exist anymore?

ArtifaX
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ArtifaX » Wed May 08, 2024 2:04 pm

Yeah we read that somewhere on this forum too, but I can't find a way to proceed with this...
We wrote to all the contact emails there are and the response is to talk to someone else (another email address).
Immigration office sent us 1st to naturalization unit
Naturalization unit in autogenerated email said they are not going to reply to anything but queries on applications that are not complete (ours is complete)
Immigration than sent us to Border control Unit in the airport. They stated that they will let me in given I show naturalization certificate, but cant guarantee I'll be able to board the plain in another country.
We went to the INIS office in citycentre and they said we should apply via a link (normal renewal of IRP card) or talk to immigration office..
IRP renewal is in question as we heard that this might not go through as I am a citizen now. It also would demand 300Eur to be paid before they even look at it.
So seems like the full circle.
There are no re-entry visas anymore. Only tourist or visit family - which honestly makes no sense to apply to.. So we are kinda stuck with this..
Any other suggestions?

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed May 08, 2024 3:24 pm

ArtifaX wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 2:04 pm
Yeah we read that somewhere on this forum too, but I can't find a way to proceed with this...
We wrote to all the contact emails there are and the response is to talk to someone else (another email address).
Naturalization unit in autogenerated email said they are not going to reply to anything but queries on applications that are not complete (ours is complete)
Immigration than sent us to Border control Unit in the airport. They stated that they will let me in given I show naturalization certificate, but cant guarantee I'll be able to board the plain in another country.
We went to the INIS office in citycentre and they said we should apply via a link (normal renewal of IRP card) or talk to immigration office..
IRP renewal is in question as we heard that this might not go through as I am a citizen now. It also would demand 300Eur to be paid before they even look at it.
There are no re-entry visas anymore. Only tourist or visit family - which honestly makes no sense to apply to.. So we are kinda stuck with this..
Any other suggestions?
Just don't risk leaving the country without IRP or having passport in your hand. Other countries immigration control don't understand the documentations. Besides, holding a naturalisation cert doesn't give anyone the right to leave or enter the country :( we are irish citizens after taking the oath but the cert is just a paper until we get the passport. Can you move your dates?

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed May 08, 2024 3:26 pm

ArtifaX wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 2:04 pm
Any other suggestions?
No, some categories haave fees exemption. If the immigration tells you which one you need then you can apply for that :( there is nothing else that is applicable in this case unless you want to move your plans :(