ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship approval after 10 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bibivaly
Romania

British citizenship approval after 10 months

Post by Bibivaly » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:39 am

Hi guys , just want to make this post to help others that are waiting for more then 6 months for citizenship approval,as I’ve finally got my approval after 10 months and many steps to presume HO to conclude my application

I’ve done the following:

I've called them twice only to receive general information ( do not call it's a waste of time, they won't even take your reference number through the phone)
I've emailed them many time to different email addresses that I’ve found on this forum I’ve received only one reply with standard response that my application is still in process due to ongoing enquiries and check)
I've contacted MP to ask for updates only to receive the same response, ( MP contacted HO twice, twice she received the same standard response)
I’ve emailed the Home Secretary
I’ve emailed the minister for migration
I've requested and received my SAR file ( nothing interesting in the comments sections)
I've made two complaints to HO on gov website I had to chase a response by emailing the complaint HO team (received the same standard response as previous)

I have requested a complaint review by emailing the review team , post a letter to them and also my MP chased the review on my behalf ( I haven’t received the review yet !) my plan was to take it further to IEC after receiving the review

On Monday 22nd April I have received an email from :
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk confirming that my application has been approved and saying that the official letter from ATLAS will arrive in the next 2 weeks

I believe that the minister of migration done the trick ( as he was added to my approval email as a reply )

Also it is possible that the presure on them for the complain review to be the key ( my friend received the approval after she requested the complaint review , the review came in the same day with the approval, in her case)

So my advise will be that once the 6 month are up people should start the complaint procedure, complaint-compliant review-IEC as this might do the trick

But I can’t say 100% that this was the reason why HO finally approved my application

Good luck everyone

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: British citizenship approval after 10 months

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:42 am

Congratulations on winning.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:45 am

Thank you for reporting back and well done on your perseverance. If a mod could add this post to the sticky on how to chase delayed applications I think it would be greatly helpful to other members.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:21 pm

Congratulations, though it took hard work to get the result.

Link to this topic has been post to the sticky.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 pm

My complaint review just came today as well , saying that my application has been approved, so this is another strong reason to believe that once people are requesting the review HO will conclude the application to avoid the IEC and ombudsman service investigations

Good luck

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:20 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 pm
My complaint review just came today as well , saying that my application has been approved, so this is another strong reason to believe that once people are requesting the review HO will conclude the application to avoid the IEC and ombudsman service investigations

Good luck
Indeed, thank you for the feedback.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:45 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:22 pm

Good luck
UPDATE

Today I’ve received my Ceremony invitation from ATLAS
( home.office.atlas@notifications.service.gov.uk) and I’ve booked my ceremony straight away with my local council as they already had my certificate from HO , that’s me done now all it’s left is just the passport procedure

Good luck to everyone and I hope my journey will help others that have theirs applications stuck with HO

vibemon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by vibemon » Fri May 03, 2024 9:39 am

Bibivaly wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:39 am
Hi guys , just want to make this post to help others that are waiting for more then 6 months for citizenship approval,as I’ve finally got my approval after 10 months and many steps to presume HO to conclude my application

I’ve done the following:

I've called them twice only to receive general information ( do not call it's a waste of time, they won't even take your reference number through the phone)
I've emailed them many time to different email addresses that I’ve found on this forum I’ve received only one reply with standard response that my application is still in process due to ongoing enquiries and check)
I've contacted MP to ask for updates only to receive the same response, ( MP contacted HO twice, twice she received the same standard response)
I've requested and received my SAR file ( nothing interesting in the comments sections)
I've made two complaints to HO on gov website I had to chase a response by emailing the complaint HO team (received the same standard response as previous)

I have requested a complaint review by emailing the review team , post a letter to them and also my MP chased the review on my behalf ( I haven’t received the review yet !) my plan was to take it further to IEC after receiving the review

FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk confirming that my application has been approved and saying that the official letter from ATLAS will arrive in the next 2 weeks

I believe that the minister of migration done the trick ( as he was added to my approval email as a reply )

Also it is possible that the presure on them for the complain review to be the key ( my friend received the approval after she requested the complaint review , the review came in the same day with the approval, in her case)

So my advise will be that once the 6 month are up people should start the complaint procedure, complaint-compliant review-IEC as this might do the trick

But I can’t say 100% that this was the reason why HO finally approved my application

Good luck everyone

Hello! I’m on the same boat as you, except that
I’ve been waiting for 13 months now. I’ve just started the steps you mentioned. The only thing I haven’t done is to request a complaint review? How did you do this? And may I know what did you put in it, and what email address you used to request the complaint review?

Thanks.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Wed May 08, 2024 2:58 pm

First you will need an official response to an initial complaint

2 - you need to write an email/letter requesting a review of their response to your initial complaint, you have to specify why you need the review and what extra information you want etc

3- I suggest you send email and post a letter as well , I’ve also asked my MP to chase this review response as most of the times the review team will ignore people

4 - email address: complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk
Address- UKVI Customer Correspondence Hub
7th Floor – Long Corridor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Without the response to your initial complaint you can’t request the review

Good luck

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Wed May 08, 2024 2:59 pm

Make sure you attach their response to the initial complaint in PDF file or letter

vibemon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by vibemon » Wed May 08, 2024 11:12 pm

Thanks for this!

I got a response already from my original complaint last Saturday (after 20 days!!) with the sender saying that he cannot uphold my complaint, enquiries still going, etc.

He advised to email the complaints review team (which you have just mentioned!)

So I already did what you said in steps 2, 3, and 4 yesterday.

Except I haven’t attached a copy of their response (didn’t think about that 😧).

And also, I recently received a reply from my local MP, saying that he have asked UKVI to review the matter (but this was before I received the most recent email from them about involving the complaints review team).

Should I email my MP again to follow up, this time around my complaints review request?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 09, 2024 10:22 am

I would say to email the complaint review team attaching the communication you received from UKVI, and inform your MP of this (with attachments) so they are up to speed.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

vibemon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by vibemon » Fri May 10, 2024 5:57 am

OP, may I ask for the email that you used to contact the Home Secretary and Minister for Migration?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:20 am

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rusty31
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by rusty31 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:19 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:39 am

I’ve done the following:

Good luck everyone
Hi there, thanks for all of the detail!! I'm a bit confused on the difference between the complaints process and the complaint review process? From what I can see, I can make a complaint here --> https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration

But not sure what you mean by complaint review after this comes back however? I also plan on emailing the minister of migration as soon as it hits 6 months!

I plan to submit these 6 months after our application date (20-Nov-23), however we did our biometrics on 7-Dec-24. Hopefully it will at least hit the queue and we will get an answer back earlier.

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:24 pm

vibemon wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:57 am
OP, may I ask for the email that you used to contact the Home Secretary and Minister for Migration?

Thanks
Hi, any luck with your application ? I am on the same boat. I had submitted 2 complaints and 1 formal review which came back yesterday. I have escalated to IEC, not sure what else to do now!

Thanks

vibemon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by vibemon » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:29 pm

Just got an email this morning that my formal complaint will not be possible to respond within the 20 day service standard due to demand, apologies, etc.

Really frustrated at this point now.

Seems like you are a step ahead of me if you already submitted an IEC complaint review.

What did they say about your formal complaint?

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:58 pm

vibemon wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:29 pm
Just got an email this morning that my formal complaint will not be possible to respond within the 20 day service standard due to demand, apologies, etc.

Seems like you are a step ahead of me if you already submitted an IEC complaint review.

The formal complaint came back and was not upheld.

I also keep emailing the FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk for updates every 3-4 weeks. This morning I received a reply that says my application is not assigned to a case worker.....
I have forwarded this email to IEC as well. Not sure how long will they take to respond.

I am really frustrated with this.

vibemon
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by vibemon » Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:36 pm

Oh that is really annoying!

How long has it been?

I have been waiting for 14 months already.

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:36 am

Wanderer2024 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:58 pm
vibemon wrote:

I also keep emailing the FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk for updates every 3-4 weeks. This morning I received a reply that says my application is not assigned to a case worker.....
I have forwarded this email to IEC as well. Not sure how long will they take to respond.

My complaint also couldn't be upheld, and MP got the reply from HO, pretty much a standard answer in a short version. From the look of my SAR, my application had not even been looked at until 4th month passed.

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:55 am

vibemon wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:36 pm
Oh that is really annoying!

How long has it been?

I have been waiting for 14 months already.
It has been more than 10 months now!

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:56 am

Dancull wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:36 am
Wanderer2024 wrote:
vibemon wrote:

My complaint also couldn't be upheld, and MP got the reply from HO, pretty much a standard answer in a short version. From the look of my SAR, my application had not even been looked at until 4th month passed.
How long has it been for you?

What kind of SAR did you submit to take a look at your application?

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:08 am

Wanderer2024 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:56 am
Dancull wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:36 am
Wanderer2024 wrote:
vibemon wrote:

How long has it been for you?

What kind of SAR did you submit to take a look at your application?
I am reaching the 7th month soon.

I did two SARs, one was detailed and one was basic.

My basic SAR showed a lot more information than the detailed one regarding the naturalisation application.

Wanderer2024
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Wanderer2024 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:12 am

Dancull wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:08 am

My basic SAR showed a lot more information than the detailed one regarding the naturalisation application.
But the basis one only includes applications submitted outside UK (confused).

Dancull
Hungary

Post by Dancull » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:19 am

Wanderer2024 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:12 am
Dancull wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:08 am

But the basis one only includes applications submitted outside UK (confused).
Mine showed all the applications I made inside and outside the UK, including how they were considered etc.