ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Withdrawn

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Withdrawn

Post by 220303 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:17 pm

I had to urgently outside UK while my ILR application was being processed ( current visa is for another year).. Will home office notify me stating the withdrawal of my application , before i submit another application to avoid submitting duplicate application ( and avoiding rejection ).

simplycallmejing
Newly Registered
China

Re: ILR Withdrawn

Post by simplycallmejing » Wed May 08, 2024 3:40 pm

Hi!

When you submit an application form it will ask you -

Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision?
(Required)

*If you have submitted any other applications to the Home Office which have not yet been decided then submitting this application varies those previous applications. This means that only this application, which you are now completing, will now be considered.*

So, if you apply for a new application, only the latter which you are now completing, will now be considered.
You won't get rejected because you submitted twice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 3:41 pm

220303 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:17 pm
I had to urgently outside UK while my ILR application was being processed ( current visa is for another year).. Will home office notify me stating the withdrawal of my application , before i submit another application to avoid submitting duplicate application ( and avoiding rejection ).
Your application will be considered automatically withdrawn. There is no such thing as a duplicate application or whatever. You cannot apply for a new ILR application while outside the UK
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by 220303 » Wed May 08, 2024 3:44 pm

simplycallmejing wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:40 pm
Hi!

Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision?
(Required)

*If you have submitted any other applications to the Home Office which have not yet been decided then submitting this application varies those previous applications. This means that only this application, which you are now completing, will now be considered.*

So, if you apply for a new application, only the latter which you are now completing, will now be considered.
Thanks .. Does the home office sends any notification about the withdrawal of application , i my view it should inform about the final decision ( withdrawn/approved / rejected ).
I understand that the home office decides based on the overall case situation.

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by 220303 » Wed May 08, 2024 3:47 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:41 pm
220303 wrote:
Your application will be considered automatically withdrawn. There is no such thing as a duplicate application or whatever. You cannot apply for a new ILR application while outside the UK
Thanks .. I am in UK as i have current leave to remain for next 1 year ( current visa).

My question is does home office sends any notification on final status ( withdrawn/approved / rejected). Home office will be looking at the overall case before making final decision.

simplycallmejing
Newly Registered
China

Post by simplycallmejing » Wed May 08, 2024 3:49 pm

220303 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:44 pm
simplycallmejing wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:40 pm
Hi!

(Required)

Thanks .. Does the home office sends any notification about the withdrawal of application , i my view it should inform about the final decision ( withdrawn/approved / rejected ).
I understand that the home office decides based on the overall case situation.
On the guide - yes, they should notify you. However, according to my experience of withdrawal, they didn't notify me at all but just refunded my bank account. Please note that I didn't attend a biometric appointment at all...

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 3:53 pm

220303 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:47 pm
zimba wrote:
220303 wrote:
Thanks .. I am in UK as i have current leave to remain for next 1 year ( current visa).

My question is does home office sends any notification on final status ( withdrawn/approved / rejected). Home office will be looking at the overall case before making final decision.
There is no notice sent often. As I said, there is no pending application as you left the UK that application was automatically considered withdrawn. You can apply again as normal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by 220303 » Wed May 08, 2024 4:20 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:53 pm
220303 wrote:
zimba wrote:
220303 wrote:

There is no notice sent often. As I said, there is no pending application as you left the UK that application was automatically considered withdrawn. You can apply again as normal
Thanks one last question . My current visa is till Aug 2025 so it should be fine keeping in view ILR withdrawal and my current stay in UK.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 08, 2024 4:39 pm

Correct

simplycallmejing
Newly Registered
China

Post by simplycallmejing » Thu May 09, 2024 6:11 pm

220303 wrote:
zimba wrote:
220303 wrote:

Hi there! I got my withdrawal notice today from the Home Office by email. I requested my application to be withdrawn by filling out the online form on 07/05.

Jossy07
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Jossy07 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:54 pm

220303 wrote:
Hiya,

Did you resolve this issue? I am in similar situation now. Did you get a refund??