ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Feb 2024 Ceremony certificates?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sv23367

Feb 2024 Ceremony certificates?

Post by sv23367 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:56 pm

hi all,

has any one received the certificate for the Feb 2024 Naturalisation ceremony?

Thanks

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Feb 2024 Ceremony certificates?

Post by sairsint » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm

I’ve not received it yet and don’t think anyone has thus far.

I have received multiple responses from their help desk since the end of March that said “certificates of naturalisation from the February ceremony will issue in the coming weeks.”

I also requested a TD to submit a parliamentary question on my behalf to the Minister for Justice. The Minister’s response came back last week and said “Any applicants that are yet to receive their certificate from the February Ceremony can be assured that they will receive their Certificate of Naturalisation via registered post in the coming weeks.”

Clearly they have no idea of the actual timeframe for issuing them as they have all been saying “in the coming weeks” since March. It really should not take over 8 weeks (and counting) to receive a single document we are all owed.

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 am

They should reply “in coming months” as today marks 2 months after 26th Feb, and certificates are still in the air.

usman1
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by usman1 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm

It is really embarrassing, it’s been 2 months and we are still waiting for certificate, I don’t think it’s a backlog as they say it’s just pure incompetency , no one knows I guess what’s going on ….. wait wait … and wait

jeromeola
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jeromeola » Wed May 01, 2024 1:56 pm

I'm getting really nervous, It's 9th week, no certificate, generic response from my TD.

Why is issuance of certificate such a hassle :shock:

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed May 01, 2024 2:35 pm

jeromeola wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 1:56 pm
I'm getting really nervous, It's 9th week, no certificate, generic response from my TD.

Why is issuance of certificate such a hassle :shock:
Everything with this process has been a hassle from start to finish and I am completely frustrated with the entire thing!

It took them 10/11 weeks to issue the certificate from the December ceremony, however, that was over 6,000 people. Ours was around 1,000 so it makes no sense at all. It really should not be this difficult to print a single document and post it to all of us.

What did your TD say and when was that? Did they submit a PQ to the Minister?

jeromeola
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jeromeola » Fri May 03, 2024 10:12 am

Below is the response from the Minister to my TD. Same response as always.

Any applicants that are yet to receive their Certificate from the February Ceremonies can be assured that they will receive their Certificate of Naturalisation via registered post in the coming weeks.
The Department recognises that any delay in receiving a Naturalisation Certificate is frustrating for people and the Department is examining on how to speed up the delivery of Certificates for future Ceremonies to be held this year.
In a little over two years the Citizenship Division of the Department has gone from processing around 12,000 applications a year to processing over 20,000 applications. This 66% increase in processing has been achieved through digitising and streamlining processes.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri May 03, 2024 1:11 pm

It’s unbelievable that they can continue to say the same exact line for months and not provide a more definitive timeline.

I’ve now gotten my solicitor involved as this has gone on long enough. As I was gathering evidence for them I came across this line in the ceremony invitation email we all received:

“Following your participation in the ceremony and your swearing of the oath of fidelity you will be an Irish Citizen. Your certificate of naturalisation will be sent to you via registered post within a couple of weeks.”

It’s been a couple of months, not a couple of weeks. We have a right to this document and I’m tired of this nonsense.

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Fri May 03, 2024 2:33 pm

sairsint wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 1:11 pm
It’s unbelievable that they can continue to say the same exact line for months and not provide a more definitive timeline.

I’ve now gotten my solicitor involved as this has gone on long enough. As I was gathering evidence for them I came across this line in the ceremony invitation email we all received:

“Following your participation in the ceremony and your swearing of the oath of fidelity you will be an Irish Citizen. Your certificate of naturalisation will be sent to you via registered post within a couple of weeks.”

It’s been a couple of months, not a couple of weeks. We have a right to this document and I’m tired of this nonsense.
Well said. Its an absolute nonsense!!

jeromeola
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jeromeola » Tue May 07, 2024 6:05 pm

Any hope of receiving certificate this month again, looks like non issuance of certificates deliberate,
They have just announced June ceremonies, for how long is this so called coming weeks going to arrive :?

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Tue May 07, 2024 7:59 pm

While I’m pleased to see other ceremonies have been announced for other applicants, I find the announcement of them quite disrespectful to those of us still waiting for our certificates.

They continue to make us wait for a single document we are owed since February, yet somehow have the resources to plan four additional ceremonies, post out decision letters, process payments, etc.

10 weeks and counting since we took the oath to become citizens with no end in sight to actually having the paperwork to prove it… :roll:

ArtifaX
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ArtifaX » Wed May 08, 2024 2:18 pm

This is my post explaining what kind of situation I am in due to the absence of the certificate.. Feel like I had more rights before this whole naturalization process tbh...
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=346749

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Wed May 08, 2024 3:34 pm

sairsint wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:59 pm
While I’m pleased to see other ceremonies have been announced for other applicants, I find the announcement of them quite disrespectful to those of us still waiting for our certificates.

They continue to make us wait for a single document we are owed since February, yet somehow have the resources to plan four additional ceremonies, post out decision letters, process payments, etc.

10 weeks and counting since we took the oath to become citizens with no end in sight to actually having the paperwork to prove it… :roll:
I get your frustration but me and 1000 others have been waiting for this for so long and finally this news about upcoming ceremony is just like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyways, i saw a parliament question answered by Minister of Justice and she mentioned that cert (in a specific case) was posted on April 27. I also heard from another friend who has received the cert. May be they have started posting the certs now:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/qu ... itizenship

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed May 08, 2024 8:13 pm

User20123 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:34 pm
sairsint wrote:

I get your frustration but me and 1000 others have been waiting for this for so long and finally this news about upcoming ceremony is just like seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyways, i saw a parliament question answered by Minister of Justice and she mentioned that cert (in a specific case) was posted on April 27. I also heard from another friend who has received the cert. May be they have started posting the certs now:

I completely understand, trust me. I waited years to attend a ceremony too, but when this department makes you wait more months… MONTHS just to receive the certificate you’ve been waiting all this time for it’s even more frustrating.

That’s good to see certificates are finally being posted.

ArtifaX
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ArtifaX » Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 pm

sairsint wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:13 pm
User20123 wrote:
sairsint wrote:

I completely understand, trust me. I waited years to attend a ceremony too, but when this department makes you wait more months… MONTHS just to receive the certificate you’ve been waiting all this time for it’s even more frustrating.

Will believe it when I get mine or someone here confirms they got it..

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Wed May 08, 2024 8:24 pm

ArtifaX wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 pm
sairsint wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:13 pm
User20123 wrote:
sairsint wrote:

Will believe it when I get mine or someone here confirms they got it..
I’m skeptical too, but the fact that the minister publicly answered that tells me it’s true. The only issue is they don’t state which ceremony it was from and it was someone’s son, so if they are a child it could be issued separate from a ceremony.

duh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by duh » Thu May 09, 2024 9:16 am

Received mine this morning. :D
Hang in there. I guess most people will get it this week

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu May 09, 2024 9:21 am

duh wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:16 am
Received mine this morning. :D
Hang in there. I guess most people will get it this week
Thanks for the confirmation!

grma
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by grma » Thu May 09, 2024 10:09 am

I received mine this morning as well. Good luck everyone!

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu May 09, 2024 10:20 am

I received mine too.

Does yours have your picture on it?? It's supposed to and mind doesn't.

Zan263
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Zan263 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:24 am

I just received my certificate this morning from 26/02/24 morning ceremony. Finally

Zan263
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by Zan263 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

There is no picture on mine

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu May 09, 2024 10:28 am

Okay so it's not just mine with no picture as they must have changed the format.

My partners from the December ceremony had their picture on it and we were asked to upload one as well.

jeromeola
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by jeromeola » Thu May 09, 2024 11:05 am

Hello all who received cert this morning, congratulations
Please was delivered by registered post and did you receive any SMS from ANPOST as regards the letter, reason for my question, is that am currently not at home, so I want to know if an attempt has been made to deliver to my address?

Thanks for your anticipated responses

logicalthinker52
Ireland

Post by logicalthinker52 » Thu May 09, 2024 11:41 am

I received mine this morning too. Its dated 26th Feb which means we would've been able to receive it on site that day.