ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of spouse visa documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Extension of spouse visa documents

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Thu May 09, 2024 9:09 pm

I'm due to extend my husband's spouse visa in t o months and want to do the application myself to save money.🙈

Could anyone tell me what documents I need exactly as I'm trying to prepare everything I need in time instead of doing everything stressed out last minute please?

Also, my husband using a NARIC/ecctis certificate for his proof of language for his initial application. Id that still valid now?

In terms of documents, do I need a letter from my employer, as I really don't want to ask my employer for one. I have my payslips. Will that be ok?

We also have a one year old who's a British citizen. Z

We don't really have a lot of savings, maybe like 1k in hand but we earn a total of 75k in salary combined a year.

Does anyone know what kinda questions the application asks?

Appreciate the help

Deedeedeemaria
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Extension of spouse visa documents

Post by Deedeedeemaria » Thu May 09, 2024 9:45 pm

About the letter from employer. My husband gets 25k, is a letter from this employer enough or do I need one from mine?

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Extension of spouse visa documents

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 10, 2024 10:01 am

Deedeedeemaria wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:09 pm
I'm due to extend my husband's spouse visa in t o months and want to do the application myself to save money.🙈

Could anyone tell me what documents I need exactly as I'm trying to prepare everything I need in time instead of doing everything stressed out last minute please? You will need to provide the following supporting documents with your FLR (M) form:

Your current passport or other valid travel ID
Copies of the photo page and any visa or entry stamps in your previous passports
A copy of your biometric residence permit, if you have one
Proof of your spouse, partner or parent’s immigration status
Proof of your relationship with your spouse, partner or parent
Your national insurance number, if you have one
Proof that you meet the minimum language requirements
Proof that you meet the minimum financial requirements

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _11-14.pdf

Also, my husband using a NARIC/ecctis certificate for his proof of language for his initial application. Id that still valid now? Why not do B1 English test (GESE Grade 5) | SELT, so that you can use it again.

In terms of documents, do I need a letter from my employer, as I really don't want to ask my employer for one. I have my payslips. Will that be ok? If you're using your salary to meet the threshold, then you would need a letter from your employer.

We also have a one year old who's a British citizen. Z That changes nothing I'm afraid. It only means that you don't need to apply for him.

We don't really have a lot of savings, maybe like 1k in hand but we earn a total of 75k in salary combined a year. You don't need savings, only proof of income. Payslips and bank statement.

Does anyone know what kinda questions the application asks? Have a dummy run on the system and you can see all the questions to prepare for.

Appreciate the help
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!