ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application - Spouse of BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Robstin2014
United States of America

British Citizenship Application - Spouse of BC

Post by Robstin2014 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:26 pm

Hi,

My wife recently received her Indefinite Leave to Remain - we now wish to submit her naturalization application (I am a British Citizen).

From reading the guidance on the UK Gov website, it appears that we will need to have the following ready for when we apply.

1. Scan of BRP Card (to prove ILR status)
2. Life in UK Test Pass Number
3. Two references

Am I missing anything?

Regarding the references, I understand that you cannot use people 'related' to you. Is this blood relation, or through marriage too?

Also, do the referees need to be members of professional bodies?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship Application - Spouse of BC

Post by CR001 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:30 pm

Is this blood relation, or through marriage too?
Yes both cannot be used.
Also, do the referees need to be members of professional bodies?
You need one professional referee of any nationality, there is a list of acceptable referees, and the other referee must be over 25 and British, profession irrelevant.

So for example, if you use an optician/optometrist as a professional referee, the must be registered with the regulatory body, the General Optical Council.

She will also need to provide the marriage certificate and your passport, and obvs her passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.