ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(DV) APPLICATION - Processing Times

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Justtmee29
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET(DV) APPLICATION - Processing Times

Post by Justtmee29 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:32 pm

SMFK wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:05 pm
@Justtmee29

Hi I have a non molestation order without fact finding , refugee statement and my witness statement is that sufficient its mostly financial , emotional abuse and control not physical so I didn't have a police case or medical reports but I informed the police for the reason of leaving was his and in laws abusive behaviour and control and mental torture even he been unfaithful to me I caught him twice for the last 4 years

Are these will be sufficient
Hi mine wasn't physical too it was verbal and emotional and controlling behaviour. Even if the abuse is only emotional they open a case because that's domestic abuse. If you can try to get a letter from the police or a report that's is gonna be helpful. No one can tell you if the evidence you have is sufficient it's only up to the Home office to decide if it's sufficient or not my friend :-) good luck anyways.

SMFK
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SMFK » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 pm

@Justtmee29

I have a police report I left his home woth my 4 year son when he was out of home to a refuge I found then he contacted the police and has said we both missing

Then police contacted me and I was explaining everything abd they ask why did I stay for such a long period I should have seek help long time back I told that I was under his visa I have no family in UK he also stopped me from contacting my friends one by one so I had no one in uk except him his siblings it was tough for me as I cannot look after my son without a job or finance. He went to see his parents to Sri Lanka this January and decided to talk to someone to find a place for me and my son to stay that's how I ended up in the refuge and the police identified it as cohesive control and ask me to file a case but I wasn't ready as really loved him he was good at the beginning don't how things started to change but his younger sister and mother always mistreated me and my son since the beginning of our relationship and he was just taking his sister's side but I was bearing all these for the sake of love but he started to change little by little after pregnancy. So I have a police report report but I never did it my self the police contacted me then I explained what I went through . All I know the abuse is only physical but when he was controlling me on everything I do even prohibiting me from looking after my parents even he pay maximum £200 a month after working 4-5 days a week day and night while I run all household chores by my own even to get that £200 I have to ask and beg him for weeks and sometimes I have cry and scream. I wasn't allowed to work either. Abd started calling me stupid women village woman, illiterate women disrespect my family saying how poor my family is and threatening me to cancel my visa to throw me out of the house if I ask to work or if I point out how badly his sister or mother treated me. His parents even didn't allow me and my son to come to their home last June when I went to Sri Lanka, my family parents siblings all were very upset about it just few weeks later my father died. I didn't know what to do I'm so helpless and started to look for help and came out. Hopefully that police report would be sufficient

Mziiii
Newly Registered
Angola

Post by Mziiii » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:39 am

@justme I’m so happy for you, congratulations!!

My solicitor hadn’t submitted everything that I sent in Dec, I was so disappointed. She emailed last week for medical records and when I called back to submit I was told she was on her annual leave after I’ve put everything in order and resent some of the things. I hope all goes well for me, I’m drained already

Justtmee29
United Kingdom

Post by Justtmee29 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 pm

SMFK wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 pm
@Justtmee29

I have a police report I left his home woth my 4 year son when he was out of home to a refuge I found then he contacted the police and has said we both missing

Then police contacted me and I was explaining everything abd they ask why did I stay for such a long period I should have seek help long time back I told that I was under his visa I have no family in UK he also stopped me from contacting my friends one by one so I had no one in uk except him his siblings it was tough for me as I cannot look after my son without a job or finance. He went to see his parents to Sri Lanka this January and decided to talk to someone to find a place for me and my son to stay that's how I ended up in the refuge and the police identified it as cohesive control and ask me to file a case but I wasn't ready as really loved him he was good at the beginning don't how things started to change but his younger sister and mother always mistreated me and my son since the beginning of our relationship and he was just taking his sister's side but I was bearing all these for the sake of love but he started to change little by little after pregnancy. So I have a police report report but I never did it my self the police contacted me then I explained what I went through . All I know the abuse is only physical but when he was controlling me on everything I do even prohibiting me from looking after my parents even he pay maximum £200 a month after working 4-5 days a week day and night while I run all household chores by my own even to get that £200 I have to ask and beg him for weeks and sometimes I have cry and scream. I wasn't allowed to work either. Abd started calling me stupid women village woman, illiterate women disrespect my family saying how poor my family is and threatening me to cancel my visa to throw me out of the house if I ask to work or if I point out how badly his sister or mother treated me. His parents even didn't allow me and my son to come to their home last June when I went to Sri Lanka, my family parents siblings all were very upset about it just few weeks later my father died. I didn't know what to do I'm so helpless and started to look for help and came out. Hopefully that police report would be sufficient
Bless you you have gone through a lot but don't worry refuge letter is a strong evidence + non molestation order is moderate + police report is moderate. So hopefully they will be convinced to give you the IlR. Didn't you get social services involved for your son ?

Justtmee29
United Kingdom

Post by Justtmee29 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:58 pm

Mziiii wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:39 am
@justme I’m so happy for you, congratulations!!

My solicitor hadn’t submitted everything that I sent in Dec, I was so disappointed. She emailed last week for medical records and when I called back to submit I was told she was on her annual leave after I’ve put everything in order and resent some of the things. I hope all goes well for me, I’m drained already
That's why I don't like to use a solicitor, I have done everything by myself even if I had legal aid. Don't worry everything will go well.

mansooraahmed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mansooraahmed » Thu May 02, 2024 10:09 pm

Justtmee29 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 pm
Hello, I would like to give an update about my application. I finally got my set (dv) granted after nearly 5 months. (Thanks God)

Online application: 7th Dec 2023
Biometrics: 20th Dec 2023
Additional information requested: 09th Apr 2024
Approval email recieved: 26th Apr 2024

Please don't hesitate to ask me about any informations you need (if your abuse allegations are genuine only).

It was really a stressful process. Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations! Did you receive BRP or evisa

Justtmee29
United Kingdom

Post by Justtmee29 » Fri May 03, 2024 3:35 pm

mansooraahmed wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 10:09 pm
Justtmee29 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:31 pm
Hello, I would like to give an update about my application. I finally got my set (dv) granted after nearly 5 months. (Thanks God)

Online application: 7th Dec 2023
Biometrics: 20th Dec 2023
Additional information requested: 09th Apr 2024
Approval email recieved: 26th Apr 2024

Please don't hesitate to ask me about any informations you need (if your abuse allegations are genuine only).

It was really a stressful process. Good luck to everyone.
Congratulations! Did you receive BRP or evisa
Thank you :-) I received a Brp in 3 days

Razaali123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Razaali123 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:04 am

Hi Justtme29 congratulations finally you are free from abouse you are lucky you got it over Solicitors dont evan reply to over message i have send my non molestation order to my solicitor but he didn't evan reply me about that he will send to home office or not its very stressful moment can you please tell me can i send to home office or i should ask my solicitor to do that

Justtmee29
United Kingdom

Post by Justtmee29 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:11 am

Razaali123 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:04 am
Hi Justtme29 congratulations finally you are free from abouse you are lucky you got it over Solicitors dont evan reply to over message i have send my non molestation order to my solicitor but he didn't evan reply me about that he will send to home office or not its very stressful moment can you please tell me can i send to home office or i should ask my solicitor to do that
Hi thank you. This is the email address to send your documents to the Home office you don't need your solicitor to do it for you: . Remember to include your application reference number + your full name + your date of birth. Good luck

dvilronline@homeoffice.gov.uk

Razaali123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Razaali123 » Sat May 04, 2024 10:16 am

Thanks for youre reply am just afraid like my solicitor didn't reply me he didn't evan said that he already have send it or not and when he applied my set dv he use my email so am bit confused should i wait for him or i can send that one to home office because i think mybe that non molestation order help me in my case please what you say about that

Justtmee29
United Kingdom

Post by Justtmee29 » Sat May 04, 2024 11:09 am

Razaali123 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:16 am
Thanks for youre reply am just afraid like my solicitor didn't reply me he didn't evan said that he already have send it or not and when he applied my set dv he use my email so am bit confused should i wait for him or i can send that one to home office because i think mybe that non molestation order help me in my case please what you say about that
I don't see any harm sending it just in case your solicitor didn't.

SMFK
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by SMFK » Sun May 05, 2024 6:39 pm

Justtmee29 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 pm
SMFK wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 pm
@Justtmee29

Bless you you have gone through a lot but don't worry refuge letter is a strong evidence + non molestation order is moderate + police report is moderate. So hopefully they will be convinced to give you the IlR. Didn't you get social services involved for your son ?
He never treated our son badly. He looked after him well. But he always tell my son your mom is stupid don't listen to her and stuff but never thought of getting social services help as he never been abuse to our son. He was very good at the beginning even helped me with my visa when I was struggling his mother and sister created lots of issues since beginning till end of our relationship but he changed totally after my son’s delivery little controlling was there since the beginning of our relationship like how I wear who I talk to and didn't mind to live the way he wants as I loved him but for the last 5 years it was very tough controlling my work and finance always using abusive words almost every day I work so hard for his business since beginning to get some money I have to beg fight he was controlling all the way possible from me being financially independent evertime threatening of cancelling visa if I fight for money or ask his permission to work always asking me to leave my son and go out of the house and then I realised I have lost all the connection with my friends in UK because he wasn't happy woth any of friends it was always being him his sister brother and parents which were very toxic and controlling except his sister in law

Karenn
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Karenn » Wed May 08, 2024 10:42 am

Hi dears
Please help me
I submitted my set dv application 3 weeks ago also I did biometric, I didn’t have gp letter or police letter but I had 3 references number from the police and also rape marac letters but my solicitor just mentioned all references number and police email and … ( I mean, we just mentioned all of action in my application and didn’t get separately)
Do you think is it possible I get and send them separate to home office email? Or I should wait ?

Also I had non-molestation order and I got 3 police references number against abuser

I’m spending very stressful days, please help me

Nazo
Newly Registered
England

Post by Nazo » Wed May 08, 2024 11:20 am

Karenn wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:42 am
Hi dears
Please help me
I submitted my set dv application 3 weeks ago also I did biometric, I didn’t have gp letter or police letter but I had 3 references number from the police and also rape marac letters but my solicitor just mentioned all references number and police email and … ( I mean, we just mentioned all of action in my application and didn’t get separately)
Do you think is it possible I get and send them separate to home office email? Or I should wait ?

Also I had non-molestation order and I got 3 police references number against abuser

I’m spending very stressful days, please help me
How many days after you did your biometrics from your application submitted
You received letter from home office to book biometric date??

I submitted one month ago but not done my biometric I am worry

Karenn
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Karenn » Wed May 08, 2024 1:29 pm

Tou should get biometric appointment by calling them darling, search google about: call number for biometric ILR

mansooraahmed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mansooraahmed » Thu May 09, 2024 12:41 pm

So my application is now gone over by 6 months and I haven't heard back anything from the Homeoffice. Any suggestions?

Razaali123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Razaali123 » Thu May 09, 2024 12:58 pm

Hi mansooraahmad did you racived email the time you submitted youre application did home office give you eny date in the email like when will thay make decision on youre application

mansooraahmed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mansooraahmed » Thu May 09, 2024 2:58 pm

Razaali123 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 12:58 pm
Hi mansooraahmad did you racived email the time you submitted youre application did home office give you eny date in the email like when will thay make decision on youre application
Yes 26th April. They contacted me on 27th February asking for further details and said they needed the documents within 28 days and if I didn't submit the documents within 28 days then they will make the decision with the information they already have. I submitted the additional documents within 28 days. It has been almost 2.5 months and I have heard anything back from them

Razaali123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Razaali123 » Thu May 09, 2024 3:02 pm

Wich documents thay ask you further

Razaali123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Razaali123 » Thu May 09, 2024 3:08 pm

Thay given me date 28 june but i still didn't get back from them its very stressful waiting

mansooraahmed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mansooraahmed » Thu May 09, 2024 4:53 pm

Razaali123 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 3:02 pm
GP letter, bank statements and any further correspondence with Victim support.

Nazo
Newly Registered
England

Post by Nazo » Thu May 09, 2024 5:02 pm

mansooraahmed wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:53 pm
Razaali123 wrote:
GP letter, bank statements and any further correspondence with Victim support.

Hi
My friend is in same situation like she applied for DV ILR but her family pressure on her to reconcile
What she will do
She is under pressure and want reconcile
What will she do??
Her application is pending can she withdraw it or make other application

mansooraahmed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mansooraahmed » Thu May 09, 2024 6:01 pm

Razaali123 wrote:
Any idea what might be taking long them to get back

mansooraahmed
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mansooraahmed » Fri May 10, 2024 3:49 pm

Razaali123 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 3:08 pm
Thay given me date 28 june but i still didn't get back from them its very stressful waiting
When did you apply?

Razaali123
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Razaali123 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:54 pm

28 December and you