ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR BRP Replacement Application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

karand19
Newly Registered
India

ILR BRP Replacement Application

Post by karand19 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:59 pm

Hi ,

Hope you doing well..
I recently applied for ILR BRP replacement card as my card was getting expired on 31st December, 2024 completely oblivious to the fact that it will be replaced by the new E Visa system. I contacted home office and they said yeah that's correct and there was no need to apply. So I asked if I should cancel my application and will that mean my existing card will still be valid and they said yes that will be valid. Now its already 8 weeks since my application so I m here seeking advice if you think i should just go ahead and cancel the application ? I haven't heard anything from the home office regarding my application so maybe that just mean it can take even more longer for them to process the application (somewhere it said it can take upto 6 months?)

Looking forward to hearing your advice soon.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR BRP Replacement Application

Post by zimba » Fri May 10, 2024 3:43 pm

A BRP application is now unnecessary as the eVisa system is being rolled out very soon to all. BRP application often takes months to be decided but no BRP will issued with an expiry date beyond the end of the year, so it will be useless anyway

Information on eVisas as all BPRs will be phased out from 1st Jan 2025
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

karand19
Newly Registered
India

Post by karand19 » Fri May 10, 2024 4:21 pm

Thanks Zimba. So you think its wise to just cancel it now then ?

Thanks
Karan

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:40 pm

You have to cancel it now, and hopefully you'll be able to recover the fee paid.