ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PAP Letter - Need reviewing please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Visit visa refused x 2 - New fresh application URGENT HELP NEEDED

Post by MAS99 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:48 pm

Dear all,

I am trying to apply for my mothers' visit from Pakistan. She has applied twice in 2023 but was refused. The 2 reasons were :
1 - Will not return to home country
2 - financial situation is not clear

Previously when we applied, she didn't have any bank statement ( very rare that women in our areas has bank statement). I (sponsor) did provide all the documents. She has also documents for her property etc and we showed that she is getting rent money in cash. But she was refused

After waiting for almost 7 months and preparing her bank statement with all the rent money collected in bank, I am trying to apply again. I want to explain her situation (family and financial) via a cover letter.

I have prepared a letter and was hoping if somebody can give me their honest review ?

"Mrs XXX is a widow and mother of three sons. Mr YYYY is the eldest son who has settled in the UK and called the UK his new home. He has become a proud naturalised British citizen and excelling in his profession as an Accountant. He has formed his own family with a wife and two kids (Son 5 years and daughter 6 years). The family owns a 3-bedroom flat in the XXX borough. These are huge successes which made Mrs XXX extremely proud of her eldest son. She is eager to see her son’s success by visiting them. Visiting a son’s own house in London and a family well-settled in the UK with professional excellence is a matter of extreme pride for a mother from Pakistan and a visit to the son’s family would be very satisfying. Sadly, she was refused a visit visa twice as the applications were not well supported by documentary evidence.
Family Background and Ties in Pakistan
Mrs XXXlives in her own house which was left to her (and to the family) by her late husband – Mr XXX.
Her immediate family members are:
• YYYY – Son – Living and working in UK along with wife and 2 kids (Aged 6 & 5)
• YYYY2– Son – Aged 29 – A Mechanical engineer living and working in XXX along with wife and 1 daughter (aged 2).
• YYYY3 – Son – Aged 27 - Civil engineer, currently plan to get married in July/Aug 2024 in Pakistan.
• XYZ – Brother – currently retired living in XXX as well.
• Mr XXX’s parents has passed away between 2003-2005.
She was born in XXX and has studied in same area. All her family members including cousins, aunts, uncles etc lives in same area. She has college and school friends living in many cities in Pakistan and she regularly visits them. She is also the head of family and attends local wedding and funerals on family behalf.
Mrs XXX is very closely connected to her local school where she teaches the holy Quran to the local childrens for last 4 years. A good part of her income and time goes to such charity work. She would need to go back to her voluntary teaching role in her local school. Her two other sons live with her in the same household, and they emotionally depend on her. She speaks only Urdu and has numerous relatives and friends in Bannu- her birthplace. Mrs XXX has strong ties to her home, community and family in Pakistan. Her youngest son, XXX, is planning to get married in July/Aug 2024 and she is eager to plan and attend the wedding as head of the family
Financial Circumstances
She is financially independent as she owns a commercial property in XXX which she rented out as student accommodation. She earns PKR 215,000 per month (£613 appx) from this student accommodation. A copy of ownership of said property and rental agreement is attached to application form. Previously, the earning was received in cash, and she never felt the necessity of opening a bank account to accept the money in the bank. Dealing with cash and not having a bank account is a natural thing for a lady property owner in Pakistan. In her previous applications, she thereby failed to provide any documentary evidence to support her regular income. However, she has endeavoured to streamline her financial circumstances before she makes a fresh application.
Mrs XXX monthly expenditure varies from PKR 60,000 to PKR 70,000. She owns the current property and has no rent expenses. Her only expenses are groceries, telephone, gift for family members and other small expenses. She has three adult sons, and everyone traditionally takes care of her financial needs. His eldest son Mr YYYY is an Accountant in the UK and his annual income is £75k. He takes good financial care of his mother from abroad. He has sent the ticket fare in anticipation of a successful visit visa which is reflected in her bank statements (PKR 200,000- £572). Her other two sons also help her financially.
Mrs XXX closing bank balance is PKR 1,224,790 (£3490) which is derived from her rental income and the money sent by her sponsor toward the air ticket. She plans to spend PKR 450,000 (£1,285) including an air ticket during her visit. Her sponsor has provided the sponsorship declaration form and promised to take every possible care of his mother during her entire visiting period. As a proud British citizen, he also assures that his mother would return home at the end of her visit.
Accommodation in UK
Mr YYYY owns a three-bedroom flat with one living room. The total accommodation arrangement is thereby four. The couple has two kids who are below 10 years old. A bedroom can easily be spared for Mrs XXX and her presence will not make the accommodation overcrowded.
We solicit your kind approval of her standard visit visa application and make an old mother happy.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visit visa refused x 2 - New fresh application URGENT HELP NEEDED

Post by Ticktack » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:10 am

A few pointers, like you said, keep it honest.

Firstly, make sure you address all issues in previous refusals on a cover letter.

Eager to see her son,s success doesn't fly for me. Sometimes you just want to keep to simple. something along the lines of your brother is getting married in June, and you want to do some shopping for her in the UK for the occasion (this shows reason you want her to come, and why she has to go back). At the same time it would be nice to use that opportunity to see the grand kids.
Attach wedding invite for your brother's upcoming wedding.

Not sure why you're transferring money to her. You could've just used your account to sponsor her. Those funds would need to be explained to the penny. The amount she intends to spend in the UK is too much. That's over a 3rd of her total savings. You could easily just say that you'd fully sponsor her trip and she'll be coming to the UK with £150-£200 (this works with her monthly).

You don't have to go into details about sparing a room and all. You live in a 3 bed and there's sufficient accommodation for her should do.

Good luck.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:50 pm

Thank you.

I have amended the financial section form.

My main concern is "she will not go back to her country" or " no ties to home country" section

I have managed to explain that

1 - She has grand kids in Pakistan and she need to go back
2 - she has property in Pakistan and she need to take care of them as she is legal owner ( property doc attached)
3 - that she has a voluntary school job
4 - all her immediate family members are in Pakistan including her 2 songs, grand kids, brother , cousins etc
5 - that her son is getting married in July/Aug 24 and she need to go back to attend that wedding

Are these enough ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:42 am

There are times when less is more and keeping it simple and concise is better. The cover letter is unnecessarily floral and over worded.
There are three areas that matter. You have covered them :
Her financial situation.
Her immediate family members in Pakistan.
Other ties.

The secondary part is your ability to support and accommodate.

Remember the Home Office can take something that you may consider a positive and make it negative. One example would be the financial support given by family members. That suggests she is not financially independent and requires support to survive. So that would suggest that she is better off in the UK with her boastful massively successful eldest son as the letter reads. Hence keep the letter simple and humble.

adeel718
Newly Registered

Post by adeel718 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:05 pm

Hi

I had siilar situation as yours and just applied this year for father-in-law which was rejected. Please read my post on immigration-for-family-members/visit-vi ... a#p2160317

Will look at applying again once they have a better financial situation i.e. rent going via bank statements.

If you apply please let me know how this goes

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Visit visa refusal reason - Can someone please help?

Post by MAS99 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:05 pm

Hello all,

I have applied for my mother's visit visa few weeks ago. It was rejected for 2 reason. This was her 3rd application

here is the background
She is 70 years old widow with a property that generate rental income. She purchased that property in Aug 2022 and rental agreement was signed on 22nd Feb 2023 . The rent was initially paid in cash but for visa purpose we started depositing in bank account from Oct 2023. In her 2nd application ( dated Nov 22) we showed her as unemployed and no saving as the property was not generating any money.

Keep in mind the Rental agreement date is 22/02/2023

We also gave them 7 months bank statements from 1st July to 20 Mar 2024 with all the rental cash paid from oct-23 onwards

Now the 2 main reason of refusal are:

I note you have provided an affidavit in support of your application stating, I own a
commercial property in my name and receive rental income of PKR 215,000 (approx.
£6010) per month. I have savings of around CURRENCY xxx (approx. GBP 3,477),
however, affidavits are produced and attested by officials without the need to
produce any substantiating documentation. They are, in effect, a self-declaration,
based solely on the word of the declaring party; And while I note you have provided
an affidavit for a rent agreement, I also note this agreement was made on
22/02/2023, less than 7 weeks before you submitted your application for a UK visit
visa, and states it will be for a period of three years from 22/02/2023 to 22/02/2026. I
further note in your previous application (VAF xxxxrefers) which you submitted
on 25/10/2022, you stated that you were unemployed and had no savings or income.
These discrepancies undermine the overall credibility of the information provided in
your application to the extent, I am not satisfied that you are a genuinely seeking
entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit.

I am confused as why he is saying that the rental agreement was geneated 7 weeks before visit visa application. Is he taking the rental agreement date to be 23/02/2024 ? because that's the only calculation for 7 weeks . I have checked the rental agreement date and it is dated 23.02.2023

and 2nd reason of refusal is

In addition, while I note the UBL bank statement in your name (account number
ending xx78) has a closing balance of XXX Currency (£2,415.10) on 31/01/2024, I
also note these statements cover the period from 01/07/2023 to 31/01/2024 and
shows an opening balance of XXX Cyrrency (£7.98) and credit transactions totalling
an amount of XXX Currency (£2,744.47). Given that these funds were received
prior to the rental agreement being executed, the documents do not demonstrate that
these funds were derived from rental income, and you have declared no other
income. As such, the documents do not demonstrate how these funds were derived. I
am therefore, not satisfied that the documents demonstrate that your circumstances
are as you set out in your application.

Now this doesn't make sense. We have not deposited money before the rental agreement. The rental agreement date is 23.02.2023 and we started depositing money in bank accounts on 01 Oct 2023. I mean is he taking the rental agreement date to be 23.02.2024 again ?

Also we provided him bank statement from 1st July to 20 March. But he is taking the balance on 31.01.2024 and ignore the next 2 months. I just don't know why officer would do that ?

My main suspect is that the visa officer has mixed the rental agreement date and he thinking the date as 23.02.2024 instead of 23.02.2023. I have trippled checked the agreement date and it is dated 23.02.202.

Do I have any chances of getting this turned in PAP letter? Should I go for judicial review ?

Please can someone help me understand this and see if I am making any sense ?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Visit visa refusal reason - Can someone please help?

Post by MAS99 » Sat May 11, 2024 6:13 pm

@cass
@push
@jaj
@john
@amber
@ca.funke

Can you please help ?

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

PAP Letter - Need reviewing please

Post by MAS99 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:05 am

Hi all,

I am going to send PAP letter for my mother's visit visa refusal. Can someone please review it and let me kow if it make sense:

Refusal reason

You state that you intend to visit the UK for 2 month and 30 days to visit your son and
his family.
• I recognise the importance of family visits. I am aware that you were previously
refused entry clearance on 14/11/2022 under visa application number UKVI 05 /
xxxx. That application was refused because the Entry Clearance Officer was not
satisfied that your intentions were as stated. Full reasons for the decision were
provided in the Notice of Refusal. I have considered this application on it own merits
and have carefully considered all the documents and information provided, but I am
not satisfied that you have met the requirements of the Immigration Rules on this
occasion.
• You state that your son will help you with this visit by providing your maintenance and
accommodation for the duration of your proposed trip to the UK. You have also
indicated that he will pay £2,000.00 towards the cost of your trip, and based on the
documents you have provided, I am satisfied that he is in a position to do so. While I
take that into account, this is only one aspect of the visitor rules, and this sponsorship
does not satisfy me of your own intention to leave the UK on completion of your
visit. The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own
circumstances and your own intentions.
• You state that you are a self-employed Landlord earning 2,580,000.00 PKR
(£7,375.76) per year. You have declared savings of £3,000.00, and state that you
spend 50,000.00 PKR (£142.94) on monthly living expenses.
• I note you have provided an affidavit in support of your application stating, I own a
commercial property in my name and receive rental income of PKR 215,000 (approx.
£6010) per month. I have savings of around PKR 1,224,790 (approx. GBP 3,477),
produce any substantiating documentation. They are, in effect, a self-declaration,
based solely on the word of the declaring party; And while I note you have provided
22/02/2023, less than 7 weeks before you submitted your application for a UK visit
visa, and states it will be for a period of three years from 22/02/2023 to 22/02/2026. I
further note in your previous application (VAF xxxxx refers) which you submitted
on 25/10/2022, you stated that you were unemployed and had no savings or income.
These discrepancies undermine the overall credibility of the information provided in
your application to the extent, I am not satisfied that you are a genuinely seeking
entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit.

• In addition, while I note the UBL bank statement in your name (account number
ending xxxx) has a closing balance of 844,790.00 PKR (£2,415.10) on 31/01/2024, I
shows an opening balance of 2,790.00 PKR (£7.98) and credit transactions totalling
an amount of 960,000.00 PKR (£2,744.47). Given that these funds were received
prior to the rental agreement being executed, the documents do not demonstrate that
income. As such, the documents do not demonstrate how these funds were derived. I
am therefore, not satisfied that the documents demonstrate that your circumstances
are as you set out in your application.

My PAP letter now

The details of the matter being challenged:

I have applied for UK visitor visa on 18th April 2024. The Entry Clearance officer (ECO) has rejected my visit visa application (xxxxx) on 06 May 2024 under paragraphs V4.2(a) and V4.2(c) of Immigration Rules.
ECO has stated 2 main reasons for refusal which are mentioned below.

On page 2 in paragraph 5 of refusal letter, the ECO states

”I note you have provided an affidavit in support of your application stating, I own a
based solely on the word of the declaring party; And while I note you have provided.
visa and states it will be for a period of three years from 22/02/2023 to 22/02/2026. I
further note in your previous application (VAF xxxx refers) which you submitted
entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit.”

On page 2, in paragraph 6 of the refusal letter, the ECO states
“In addition, while I note the UBL bank statement in your name (account number
ending xx78) has a closing balance of 844,790.00 PKR (£2,415.10) on 31/01/2024, I
shows an opening balance of 2,790.00 PKR (£7.98) and credit transactions totalling
an amount of 960,000.00 PKR (£2,744.47). Given that these funds were received
are as you set out in your application.”

I believe that ECO had made a mistake in assessing and reading the documents provided in application and has mixed dates. Please see below our issue regarding this judgment and my response.

Issues
1. On page 2, in paragraph 5, ECO is stating that the “rental agreement was made on 22/02/2023, less than 7 weeks before you submitted your application for a UK visit visa”.
Response
The application was submitted on 18/04/2024, and rental agreement is dated 22/02/2023. The duration between these 2 dates (Agreement date 22/02/2023 and application date 18/04/2024) is almost 14 months/ 60 weeks. The rental agreement submitted is clearly dated 22nd Feb 2023.
We believe that ECO has not properly read the document and made a genuine mistake and took the agreement date to be 23/02/2024 which is then 7 weeks before the application date.
2. On page 2, in Paragraph 5, ECO also stated:
“I note you have provided an affidavit in support of your application stating, I own a
based solely on the word of the declaring party.”
Response
The affidavits are officially signed documents by Govt official. The affidavit is signed after providing substantiated documents to the govt official who confirm the details of the affidavit and the underlying documents. A copy of the affidavit is then maintained by Govt official in their official record along with supporting documents.
In our case we also produce the rental agreement and property purchase documents as backup to our affidavit. They were attested by the govt. Although they are self-declaring, however they are verified by govt official after assessing the documents.

3. On page 2, In Paragraph 5, ECO also states that:

“I further note in your previous application (VAF xxxx refers) which you submitted on 25/10/2022, you stated that you were unemployed and had no savings or income. These discrepancies undermine the overall credibility of the information provided in your application to the extent, I am not satisfied that you are a genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit”

Response
There has been no discrepancy between information provided on both applications.

Applicant bought the property on 01/08//2022. The property was already rented out before our purchase, and we were assured that we will start receiving rental income. We only received 1 month of rental income in cash before the renters complained about the status of the building.

It was then decided in Nov 2022 to do necessary change to the structure of the building and renovate the building. The building was cleared from renters and work began in beginning of Dec 2022. As at 25/10/2022, the claimant was earning rental money. The property was then re-let on 22/02/2023.

Although we made a mistake in filling the application form by declaring that she has no income or savings, but this was corrected in the letter “Financial and personal Information about Samina Naz” dated 15th Oct 2022 that she is earning money via this property. This letter was submitted as part of the documents. We made a genuine mistake in filling the application form on 15th Oct 2022, but this was corrected with the letter stated above.

In the applicated date 18th April 2022 we have filled the application form correctly and attached the necessary documents of her additional income. So, there has been no discrepancy on the information provided on both applications.

4. On page 2, In paragraph 6, ECO states

“In addition, while I note the UBL bank statement in your name (account number
ending xx78) has a closing balance of 844,790.00 PKR (£2,415.10) on 31/01/2024, I
an amount of 960,000.00 PKR (£2,744.47).”

Response:

The Bank statement provided are for period 01/07/2023 to 21/03/2024. I am not sure why ECO has only considered bank statement period up to 31/01/2024 while the bank statement clearly shows and mentioned the period from 01/07/2023 to 21/03/2024. This also make me believe that ECO has not read the documents properly and totally made the incorrect decision.

Also, the balance on 21/03/2024 is 1,224,790 PKR (£3,501) which should be used in this application form. This has been ignored by ECO again.

The total credit during the statement period is 1,490,000 PKR (£4,259). ECO has missed/ignore 530,000 PKR (£1,515), credits from 31/1/2024 to 21/03/2024 from his calculations.

It is unusual for females to have bank accounts and receive rental income in bank in Pakistan. Most of the business in Pakistan is done via cash, however I started depositing money in bank account to show that I am genuinely earning rental income and I am seeking a genuine visitor visa to UK.

5. On page 2, In paragraph 6, ECO states

“Given that these funds were received prior to the rental agreement being executed, the documents do not demonstrate that these funds were derived from rental income, and you have declared no other income. As such, the documents do not demonstrate how these funds were derived. I am therefore, not satisfied that the documents demonstrate that your circumstances are as you set out in your application.”

Response:

This statement is incorrect. ECO has not read the documents properly and has mixed the dates. The rental agreement was executed on 22/02/2023 and funds were received in bank from Oct 2023 onward. The applicant was receiving rental income in cash from 22/02/2023 till September 2023 which was later changed to deposits in banks. This is evident from bank statement provided during the application.

The funds received in bank clearly matches the rental agreement. You can clearly see monthly rental income received.

Date received Amount (PKR) Description
14/10/2023 215,000 Rent for Sep 23
09/11/2023 100,000+,100,000+,15,000 =215,000 Rent for Oct 23
05/12/2023 190,000+25,000 = 215,000 Rent for Nov 23
06/12/2023 100,000 Funds from xxx (son)
08/01/2024 215,000 Rent for Dec 23
03/02/2024 215,000 Rent for Jan 23
10/02/2024 100,000 Funds from xxx(son)
20/03/2024 215,000 Rent for Feb 23

The rental agreement and bank statement provided, clearly demonstrate that these funds were derived from rental income. This has also been validated by accountant letter provided in support of this application.

6. On page 2, paragraph 7, ECO states that

“While I note you have provided four family registration certificates in support
of your application, these documents only demonstrate the relationship between
those listed and not their residential status, as they show your son who reside in the
UK”

Response

This argument doesn’t make sense. The four family registration certificates clearly mention names and relationship. They also show the family of those listed including their children and wives’ names. All those family members are currently residing in Pakistan. The two other sons (xxx & xxx ) also provided affidavits attested by govt officials. These affidavits show the full current residential address of these individuals. These affidavits have been witnessed by other local individuals who has also confirmed their residential address. These affidavits can be verified from local government database as they have reference number and date it was attested.

Also, it is clearly from UK Immigration database the Mr xxx has also applied for UK visit visa in Islamabad in Jan 24 which proves his residential status to be in Pakistan. The application form or guidance doesn’t ask to provide any residential status of relatives.

I have already shown that I own a property worth about £100,000 in Pakistan. I already have a healthy bank balance and has been fully supported by my Childrens. I am already a voluntary teacher at local school, and this can be proved from the letter. I have also shown that I have an extended family in Pakistan including grandchildren as can been seen from family registration certificates of xxx. I have lived my whole life in Pakistan and has no desire to live in any other country.

The details of the action that you want Home office to take
We believe the ECO has made a genuine mistake of mixing the rental agreement date where he took the rental agreement date to be 22/02/2024 instead of correct date which is 22/02/2023.

I want to challenge this decision as this decision is based on inaccurate/wrong data assumed by ECO. This decision is not in compliance with immigration rules and regulations, and I would humbly ask the Home office to re-consider this decision give the above reasons and ask the visitor visa to be issued at earliest opportunity.

The details of any documents that are considered relevant and necessary
Please note that all documents listed below are NOT new documents. They were already provided as part of application on 18.04.2024.
• Property documents
• English translation of Property documents
• Rental Agreement in English
• Bank Statements for period 01/07/2023 to 21/03/2024.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: PAP Letter - Need reviewing please

Post by lolo2 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:54 pm

I will leave the room for others to comment on the PAP, but I would like to highlight some items here.
MAS99 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 4:05 am
Refusal reason

You state that you intend to visit the UK for 2 month and 30 days to visit your son and
his family.
That's a long time for a single visit (and a first time visitor), which could - negatively - bring the attention of the ECO.
MAS99 wrote:

• You state that you are a self-employed Landlord earning 2,580,000.00 PKR
(£7,375.76) per year
. You have declared savings of £3,000.00, and state that you
spend 50,000.00 PKR (£142.94) on monthly living expenses.

• I note you have provided an affidavit in support of your application stating, I own a
£6010) per month
How 2,580,000.00 PKR is £7,375.76 and 215,000 PKR is approx. £6010? is that a typo from you or the letter? You cited the same figures more than once.
MAS99 wrote:

• In addition, while I note the UBL bank statement in your name (account number
ending xxxx) has a closing balance of 844,790.00 PKR (£2,415.10) on 31/01/2024, I
an amount of 960,000.00 PKR (£2,744.47).
I think that they also flagged this (a 70 years old person opening a bank account just recently) as an attempt to change the previous decisions. I understand that in many countries is usual that people receive payments in cash, and not everybody has a bank account. However bank statements are fundamental for any visa application, how can we support/justify the money received in cash to seek entry into another country?

That letter you've written for the application is unnecessarily too long, loaded with irrelevant information, these decisions demonstrated so. There's good examples of cover letters for a visitors visa on the internet. You can address everything in three or four paragraphs, three-four lines each.

You also have been a member of the forum for a long time, not sure why you didn't check other posts with successful visa applications, what documents to submit, how to organise them, etc., under almost every possible situation: retired people, unemployed, very low income, etc.

From your previous posts, you've done the same mistakes along the multiple applications submitted, so perhaps you've undermined the chances for your mother to get a visa in the near future. I'm not sure how successful a PAP would be, to me the decisions from UKVI so far are correct. Again, others might comment on the PAP.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:05 am

lolo2 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:54 pm
How 2,580,000.00 PKR is £7,375.76 and 215,000 PKR is approx. £6010? is that a typo from you or the letter? You cited the same figures more than once.
This is directly from the letter. it is typo mistake by ECO. He meant 601.00 instead of 6010
lolo2 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 8:54 pm
I think that they also flagged this (a 70 years old person opening a bank account just recently) as an attempt to change the previous decisions. I understand that in many countries is usual that people receive payments in cash, and not everybody has a bank account. However bank statements are fundamental for any visa application, how can we support/justify the money received in cash to seek entry into another country?
I think the problem is not the bank account opening. But the dates and balances . The bank statement provided is from 1st july to 21 Mar 2024. For some unknown reason he only took the statement up to 31.01.2024. He is also saying that the funds were deposited AFTER the agreement date but this is simply not correct. The agreement date is 23.02.2023 and funds were submitted in oct 23

I did research the documents. I even use an immigration consultant to help prepare the documents. They are not saying that I am missing any documents or has failed to provide any relevant documents. ECO simply took a wrong date ( 23.02.2024 instead of correct date which is 23.02.2023) and his both arguments are base don that date. How is that decision correct ?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:56 am

Unsure what happened re dates, it also might be the case of a typo as in the currency conversion. In any case, the basis for the rejection in the letter are written following the immigration rules and the caseworker guidance, they won't tell you every single red flag raised during the assessment. Submitting several applications in a few months is another red flag - somehow a sign of desperately wanting to enter the UK. That's one of the reasons why I mentioned it's always a good idea to check other posts to see what can strength and what can weaken an application.

Using an immigration consultant or solicitor to prepare or submit an application doesn't mean it'll be automatically approved. Perhaps you might have seen posts from members receiving wrong advice from their consultants or their applications rejected, a similar situation like yours.

MAS99
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by MAS99 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:59 am

lolo2 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 11:56 am
Unsure what happened re dates, it also might be the case of a typo as in the currency conversion. In any case, the basis for the rejection in the letter are written following the immigration rules and the caseworker guidance,
His whole arguments are based on that date. It is not typo as he has calculated the period between 2 dates ( rental agreement date and application date). He think it is 7 week between two dates but actually it is 1.2 year . If it has been typo, at least he would have got the calculations right ?

Both his arguments are based on the date 22.02.2024 but it is actually 22.02.2023. if he corrects the dates, these 2 arguments doesn't exist anymore.