ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS appointment for Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psmurali89
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

UKVCAS appointment for Naturalization

Post by psmurali89 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:10 pm

Hi All,
I got citizenship 2 years ago, i applied for Naturalization for my wife recently. When i applied for Naturalization, i got email saying they will check my application and let me know if i need to book appointment or use IDV app for biometrics. But for my wife, the only option was to book an appointment. She didnt receive any email as i received as above.
Also, in UK website it says "you may not need to book an appointment if you are a spouse of British citizen".
Not sure why my wife got only option to book appointment and not use IDV.. Andy ideas?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: UKVCAS appointment for Naturalization

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 13, 2024 3:25 pm

UKVI decides how applicants submit their biometrics - your wife needs to book an appointment in person.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.