ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Time Passport Application Dicussions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mudkicker
Newly Registered
Ireland

First Time Passport Application Dicussions

Post by mudkicker » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:05 pm

Hi,

I think it's time to open this topic.

I start with my process which is still in progress:

The estimated* issue date for your Passport Book is:
15/03/2024

08/03/2024 Processing application - Your application is being processed

16/02/2024 Processing application - We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

14/02/2024 We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

Jack9527
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: First Time Passport Application Timelines - 2024

Post by Jack9527 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:27 pm

The estimated* issue date for your Passport Book is:
07/03/2024

08/03/2024 Processing application - Your application is being processed

07/02/2024 Processing application - We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

06/02/2024 We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

pappa06
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by pappa06 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:51 pm

Hello - Curious if you guys received your passport as per the estimated issue date that was added on the website ? I'm still waiting for my passport book which currently shows estimated date as 03/21/2024 - I'm planning to book some travel and worried if there are any delays in the processing ? thanks

newmember2023
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by newmember2023 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:37 am

Yes, their estimate is quite accurate. Our passports were received right on the estimated date (Usually a month from the submission date). You could also chat with them via webchat, they are super responsive.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:49 am

As this topic turned into discussion, renamed it accordingly.

Will do a timeline topic later (or someone will do it for me); need to have a form as first message and a few explanations about what it is and how to use it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

grma
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: First Time Passport Application Dicussions

Post by grma » Thu May 09, 2024 10:17 am

I'm thinking of applying using:

- Copy of PSC Card
- Certified copy of naturalisation cert
- Certified/translated copy of birth certificate

Was anyone successful doing that? I'll see if I can get an answer in the chat.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:35 am

grma wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:17 am

- Copy of PSC Card

People were asked to send originals of naturalization certs instead of copies. Same with birth certs.

You can risk it, but that'll add another month to processing.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Coconutcreek
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Coconutcreek » Mon May 13, 2024 1:04 pm

Hi ,just a question about first time passport.
I don't know if it is related.on passport required documents they need an original birth certificate with both of parents name.
I have original birth cert which was also submitted with Citizenship application.
Just wanted to ask if anyone has applied for Irish passport with birth certificate containing only fathers name.?
I have asked the authorities back home and they said it was common practice to only put father name on birth certificate back in the days .
Regards

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 pm

Coconutcreek wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 1:04 pm
I don't know if it is related.on passport required documents they need an original birth certificate with both of parents name.
I have original birth cert which was also submitted with Citizenship application.
Just wanted to ask if anyone has applied for Irish passport with birth certificate containing only fathers name.?
I have asked the authorities back home and they said it was common practice to only put father name on birth certificate back in the days .
Regards
I do not imagine it will be an issue considering your original birth certificate is printed in accordance with the laws of your home country.

Additionally, the way they phrase the specific wording of this requirement on the DFA website indicates this should not be an issue:

Full original civil birth certificate (version that includes the name(s) of the parent(s)).

You can always use the webchat or phone number to speak with a DFA agent. They are actually very responsive and helpful.

Dooogie
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Dooogie » Tue May 14, 2024 11:02 am

Hi All, first time poster. I applied for Irish citizenship through the FBR and all has arrived as described and I have been granted citizenship. I applied for my Irish passport on 17/3/24 and had an email confirming payment etc. 22/3/24 they received my supporting documents and the tracker tells me that they are 'processing application'. Estimated issue date was 23/4/24, but the tracker still reports they are still 'processing application'. I have messaged their online chat every week since as I have a holiday booked on 23/5/24 which will be a whole month past their estimate. Whenever I talk to them they just say they are very, very busy and to keep looking at the tracker. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Coconutcreek
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Coconutcreek » Tue May 14, 2024 3:16 pm

sairsint wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 pm
Coconutcreek wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 1:04 pm
Regards
I do not imagine it will be an issue considering your original birth certificate is printed in accordance with the laws of your home country.

Additionally, the way they phrase the specific wording of this requirement on the DFA website indicates this should not be an issue:

Full original civil birth certificate (version that includes the name(s) of the parent(s)).

You can always use the webchat or phone number to speak with a DFA agent. They are actually very responsive and helpful.
Thank you 🙏

grma
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by grma » Fri May 17, 2024 10:30 am

meself2 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:35 am
grma wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:17 am

- Copy of PSC Card

People were asked to send originals of naturalization certs instead of copies. Same with birth certs.

You can risk it, but that'll add another month to processing.
It may delay the process, but looks like that may not be always the case. I contacted the Passport Online team via chat and they first answered only originals would be accepted with no exceptions, but then I pushed back and enquired about the information on DFA's website saying the opposite when it comes to the naturalisation cert.

After some back and forth, they confirmed that a certified copy of the naturalisation cert should be accepted, and that the same applies to a certified translated copy of the birth cert (which is a reissue in my case, not the very first original).

It looks like we can't rely 100% on what they say, as there's a lot of contradiction going on. But I'm sharing this here just in case someone's going through something similar and doesn't know what to do. It would be madness if people that lost their originals couldn't get a passport, so it's worth contacting the passport office to ask for alternatives depending on your case. Good luck everyone!

Certified copy of Naturalisation cert
Question: This is stated in the first steps of the application, on DFA's website: Applicant's Naturalisation certificate (we will also accept a colour copy of Naturalisation Certificate, certified as a true copy of the original by a solicitor or notary public)". So a certified copy of the naturalisation cert should be ok. Is that right?"
Answer: Yes, that`s correct

Certified copy of Birth cert
Question: I'd like to check if a certified copy of my birth cert would be accepted.
Answer: Just to confirm, you have reissued Birth Cert, is it correct? Okay, sorry I was confused. Yes, we will accept your Birth Cert with certified translated copy."

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:11 am

grma wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 10:30 am
It would be madness if people that lost their originals couldn't get a passport,
That would be a different case; if people did lose their originals, they'd have to request replacements from ISD/their home country or go the route of affidavits.

What I mean by "originals" is an official document issued by a relevant authority; if it's a first birth cert or a replacement, doesn't matter.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Fri May 17, 2024 10:43 pm

Hi all,

I am wanting to apply for first time passports for my 2 children - we are currently living in the UK.

For the witnessing part, do the passport office still need to call to verify that the witness has signed (this is what they did with our adult passports that we applied for and got in Ireland).

Thank you :)