ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET (M) Application withdrawal and refund

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naran82
Newly Registered
Nepal

ILR SET (M) Application withdrawal and refund

Post by naran82 » Mon May 13, 2024 9:51 am

Hello Admin,
This channel has been really useful for me for my ILR application, loads of accurate suggestions with real life examples. I wish I knew this earlier. Thank you for creating this channel.
My situation
Spouse of a British Citizen
Entry clearance visa issued: 03/06/2019
UK entry date:14/06/2019 (after 10 days from entry clearance visa issued)
Current FLR(M) expiry date: 30/09/2024
5 years completion: 14/06/2024
Application submitted (SET(M) form): 09/05/2024. (Counted from entry clearance visa issue date)

I submitted my ILR SET(M) (Standard) application last week (09/05/2024- counting from date of entry clearance visa issued) and after stumbling up on this channel I noticed that the correct count for SET(M) starts from the UK entry date which was 10 days after the date of entry clearance visa issued. I have not given my biometric yet. I did not take any chance as I have seen applications were rejected for people who had applied 19 days (19 days +28 days) earlier than qualified dates. I cancelled my application and submitted for refund. Did I do right thing?
Another advice please?
After entering to the UK 14/06/2019- I had done loads of back and forth between UK and another country in Europe where I used work as researcher. My contract there was due to end after 6 months (Dec 2019). I had made sure my total absent were below 180 days (although I learnt this later absents does not matter for SET(M) rout. Will these absents be a reason for case worker to reject my application? I am confused, whether I should write a cover latter explaining my situation or simply ignore this.
Thank you in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET (M) Application withdrawal and refund

Post by zimba » Mon May 13, 2024 4:02 pm

There was NO need to withdraw the application at all. You should have just delayed the Biometrcis for 10 extra days. Which ILR applications did you see that were rejected for applying early when they qualified on the date of decision ??? I have not seen even one !

The date application is not critical: How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?

Also, the family route has NO absence limit at all and there is no 180-day limit or whatever :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

naran82
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by naran82 » Mon May 13, 2024 8:28 pm

Thank you Zimba for a reply. I think, I missed the important info here- ‘the date of decision.’ I have seen someone posted here that their SET(M) was rejected just because it was 19 days earlier although they have not explicitly mention whether it was date of decision or else.
I spoke to a solicitor before applying for withdraw and they suggested to do so because it was standard application and application is counted from date of online submission not the date of biometric.
My biometric was actually in June 04,2024 which I already cancelled as well. Looks like according to your suggestion I was good. Too late now!
Is it possible to write HO and not to consider the cancellation? I have seen people saying HO refund process is slow.

Thanks for the reply to second question too. Looks like I was ill informed about absence requirement of SET(M)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue May 14, 2024 12:14 am

If you asked for withdrawal then I suggest applying afresh. The previous fees should be refunded later
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

naran82
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by naran82 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:25 pm

Thank you for the suggestion, Zimba. Yes I am going to submit a fresh application this week. I am thinking to go for a super priority service. One more question: my UK entered date with my first leave to enter is 14/06/2019. Will I be fine if I book a biometric anytime beyond 16/05/2024, like in next 4-5 days earliest?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 15, 2024 1:29 am

Yes

naran82
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by naran82 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:21 pm

Update
I submitted my application on the 15th with super priority service. I provided my biometric this morning at 8:00 am and got my ILR approval decision at 11:00 am. Just within 3 hours :)

Thank you for the good suggestions zimba.

sam0015
Newly Registered
India

Post by sam0015 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:08 pm

Hi Naran82,
Congratulations!

I will be applying on Super Priority SET (M) but so far I am on declaration page and intend to apply on Monday. Query is where does this Super Priority option pop up? Is it during payment page? And Biometric free?

Thanks,
Sam

naran82
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by naran82 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:04 pm

Hi Sam,
Once you complete the declaration and go to next step it will lead you to payment option where you can see standard or super priority option. There is no priority option available for SET(M) catagory.
In my experience free appointments are not available sooner eg next couple of days if there are any appointment slots at all. I paid £143 + SMS service and got appointment at Croydon centre after 2 days of online payment made. SMS service was pretty useless in my view.
Good luck with your application.