ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling close to expiration date?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sonia_M95
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Travelling close to expiration date?

Post by sonia_M95 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 am

Hi guys,

Im thinking of travelling to thailand for 2 weeks return on the 26th feb 2025, and my irp will expire on the 18th march 2025. I generally have never had a problem coming back close to my card’s expiration date. I just wanted to confirm however, if i can apply for my new irp while travelling on my old one if its still valid or should i wait to come back and then apply?.

Thanks ☺️

User20123
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Travelling close to expiration date?

Post by User20123 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:42 am

sonia_M95 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 2:52 am
Hi guys,

Im thinking of travelling to thailand for 2 weeks return on the 26th feb 2025, and my irp will expire on the 18th march 2025. I generally have never had a problem coming back close to my card’s expiration date. I just wanted to confirm however, if i can apply for my new irp while travelling on my old one if its still valid or should i wait to come back and then apply?.

Thanks ☺️
I think its best to apply for it when you are back. I am not sure about Thailand's border control but they do swipe/ read the IRP card, though the number on it stays the same but I am not sure. Or can you drop an email to the registration team and ask if you can apply before and if they do issue you a card before you travel then would that disable the existing IRP you have or will it still be valid until its expiry date. Its always best to get the answer from them because you could then have it as a proof and this way your mind will be at ease. :)