ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which endorsing body for a university letter?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

supgog
Newly Registered
Wallis and Futuna Islands

Which endorsing body for a university letter?

Post by supgog » Tue May 14, 2024 1:13 pm

Good afternoon, forum folks :D .

I am currently on a tier-2 visa and would like to switch to GTV.

I received an endorsement letter from my employing university, that looks something like this:

When filling the application, I need to choose an endorsement body from the list:

Asking university HR were unhelpful and didn't know what's the correct choice, can someone here help?

(For context, if it matters, I'm a permanent contract lecturer and have finished my probation.)

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Which endorsing body for a university letter?

Post by lolo2 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:04 pm

That's not an endorsement letter.

What you received from the university is a statement of guarantee that you use - together with a job description - to apply for endorsement to any of the endorsing bodies in the list.

Once endorsement is granted you then apply for the GTV.

supgog
Newly Registered

Post by supgog » Tue May 14, 2024 4:30 pm

That makes sense, thank you!
How should I decide which body to ask for an endorsement?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:40 pm

It entirely depends on your field, role/responsibilities, etc.

For example, someone working in dance, music or literature - some of the fields covered by the route - wouldn't fit applying to the Royal Academy of Engineering... and so on.

supgog
Newly Registered

Post by supgog » Tue May 14, 2024 4:53 pm

Thank you.

I am in Computer Science, so I guess this still leaves Royal Academy of Engineering, Royal Society, and The British Academy.

Not sure how to pick between them.

dx_
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by dx_ » Wed May 15, 2024 3:03 pm

Have you read the gov.uk page for the Global Talent visa to understand the different endorsement routes? https://www.gov.uk/global-talent

I believe it should be relatively straight forward for you to understand whether you are a researcher or academic leader, a leader in arts and culture, or a leader in digital technology.

The letter from your university indicates that you are looking to apply under the academic and research route - you can read more about your eligibility and which bodies provide endorsement for them here https://www.gov.uk/global-talent-researcher-academic . Tech Nation does not provide endorsement for academic and research, as they only apply endorsement for professionals working in digital technology I believe.