ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa Extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nkkirubakaran
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Family Visa Extension

Post by nkkirubakaran » Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm

Hello all,

I am British passport holder and wife and kids are holding Indian passport. I got Family Visa and it was issued from Dec 2021 to Aug 2024. Family came on Dec 2021 and returned to India on June 2022 for my son treatment . They were back July 2023 and still in U.K. Since they stayed more than 6months outside uk. I started to count from last July 2023 to till date. So just one year to complete

In next extension, if there is option to apply for 4 years, I will do in one go Or else need to apply for another two times for 5 years stay for ILR

Thanks
Kiru

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visa Extension

Post by Ticktack » Fri May 10, 2024 2:41 pm

nkkirubakaran wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm
Hello all,

I am British passport holder and wife and kids are holding Indian passport. I got Family Visa and it was issued from Dec 2021 to Aug 2024. Family came on Dec 2021 and returned to India on June 2022 for my son treatment . They were back July 2023 and still in U.K. Since they stayed more than 6months outside uk. I started to count from last July 2023 to till date. So just one year to complete

In next extension, if there is option to apply for 4 years, I will do in one go Or else need to apply for another two times for 5 years stay for ILR

Thanks
Kiru
Did they enter the UK on a spouse visa? Meaning where you already settled when they got their first visa in 2021?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

nkkirubakaran
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nkkirubakaran » Mon May 13, 2024 3:56 pm

Myself came to UK in 2016 by Tier-2 General visa.

I processed family visa in 2021 to bring my family IN.

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Tue May 14, 2024 10:20 am

nkkirubakaran wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm
Hello all,

Thanks
Kiru
Hi Kiru,

I am very sorry for jumping on to your post, especially as I don't know the answer to your question. But have a query for you.

Can you please let me know if your kids were able to renew their Indian Passport in India after you got your British Passport.

( Not sure if you have heard or read about this new interpretation of Sec 8(2) of the Indian Citizenship act 1955 - which affects families in situations like ours - 1 parent holding British Passport, 1 parent holding Indian Passport, Minor kids - holding Indian Passport)

Thanks
Siva

nkkirubakaran
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nkkirubakaran » Tue May 14, 2024 6:37 pm

Yes Siva

My son passport expired last June, they were in india. They mentioned father work/living in aborad and got the passport renewed without issue

Sivaquery
United Kingdom

Post by Sivaquery » Wed May 15, 2024 9:20 pm

nkkirubakaran wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:37 pm
Yes Siva

My son passport expired last June, they were in india. They mentioned father work/living in aborad and got the passport renewed without issue
Hi Kiru,

Thanks for your update. Hope you get the answers you seek.