ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ishivji
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Applying for Naturalisation

Post by ishivji » Wed May 15, 2024 9:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I will be submitting application for naturalisation. I have a question that do I need to upload copies of my old expired passport as I have already done that in my ILR application and HO should have them on record?

Regards.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:00 pm

ILR and Citizenship are two completely separate applications with their own separate rules and laws and different departments and caseworker teams.

Just because you have ILR, doesn't mean you can assume UKVI will 'look back at your file' for documents.

You MUST submit what is asked for when you apply for citizenship. It is YOUR responsibility to do so, not UKVI's responsibility to 'go and look for your documents from ILR'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 16, 2024 1:12 am

ishivji wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 9:53 pm
Hi Everyone,

I will be submitting application for naturalisation. I have a question that do I need to upload copies of my old expired passport as I have already done that in my ILR application and HO should have them on record?

Regards.
Yes, do provide what is requested. If you have a folder where the ILR documents are saved up makes it easier.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 16, 2024 7:37 am

Submit everything you are asked. ILR and citizenship are separate processes under different pieces of law and documents need to be submitted according to statutory requirements.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.