ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to apply

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

encan
Newly Registered

Want to apply

Post by encan » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Hello, i have been looking for ways to move to UK and just found out about this Skilled Worker Visa.

I am a Turkish Citizen. I have studied in the USA (Bachelors Degree in Industrial Management/Computer Science as minor). I have graduated in Dec.2007. and since April 2008 i have been working in Turkey. I did not work in the states as full time but i have had many years of part-time experience.

I would like to know about my chances to get a Skilled Worker Visa for UK. I did the point calculation. I get more points than needed the 75 Points. The only thing is that I have been working for only 8 months now and i will need to complete a year or so to have enough "earnings" points.

And i am 29 years old now.

If anybody can give e any suggestions or comments about if i have a good chance to get this visa I would appreciate that.

Thank you in advance.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:30 pm

If you qualify on the points based criteria, there shouldn't be any problems, as long as you have all the necessary paperwork to prove your evidence.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:09 pm

encan wrote:I would like to know about my chances to get a Skilled Worker Visa for UK. I did the point calculation. I get more points than needed the 75 Points. The only thing is that I have been working for only 8 months now and i will need to complete a year or so to have enough "earnings" points.
I can only suggest that you do the points calculator again with your actual earning to see if you qualify. If you have 75 points apply. What you say does not make sense. You say you have more than enough points, but then that "i will need to complete a year or so to have enough "earnings" points"

Regards

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:34 pm

I think he means that he will have enough points based on his predicted salary over that 12 month period, but can't actually apply until he has been paid what he expects.

Or that's what I understood anyway!

encan
Newly Registered

Post by encan » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:05 pm

Paper pusher,

Sorry I wasn't clear but yes as drjabberwocky23 said i calculated as if i was going to apply after i complete 1 year of work. I have been working for 8 months so far.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:12 pm

encan wrote:Paper pusher,

Sorry I wasn't clear but yes as drjabberwocky23 said i calculated as if i was going to apply after i complete 1 year of work. I have been working for 8 months so far.
In which case, as I said earlier, you should not face a problem if you meet all the criteria.

Good Luck