ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doddalamadhulatha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

help with dependent visa

Post by doddalamadhulatha » Wed May 15, 2024 4:42 pm

Hi,
I am on skilled worked visa and still have 2.5 years to apply for ILR. My husband is on ICT and due to renewal this July for another 3 years. I applied for my daughter as my dependent visa extension last week for three years (last time applied for 5 years but got the visa for 2 years). I received a mail from home office yesterday stated below
" I note that your father has permission until 13 July 2024 and your mother has permission until 14 December 2026.

Please confirm that your father will be making an application to extend his leave in the UK. Please provide their UAN number so we can process their application.

If your mother has sole responsibility for your care, please provide supporting evidence of this.

You will be granted permission until the date of whichever of your parents’ permission ends first, unless both parents have (or are being granted) settlement or British Citizenship, in which case you will be granted permission for 3 years. "
MY husband initiated the visa extension in his company but it will take a month to get approvals and CoS to get a UAN. Please let me know what should I do now. I booked for Indian trip for the summer break
I already sent a response stating that UAN number will be available for the husband only after 45 days through email. Please advise on what to do now

Thanks,
Madhu

meself2
Ireland

Re: help with dependent visa

Post by meself2 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:22 pm

You've got yourself into a bit of a pickle.

What visa did you expect your daughter to get, as you were applying with these expiration dates? You could've received a visa valid till July 2024.

I assume your daughter has the same expiry date as your husband for a visa - would've been better to apply together.

As of now, I'm not sure what's the best option. Possibly withdraw the application and apply with your husband? Other members will provide better insight.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

doddalamadhulatha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by doddalamadhulatha » Thu May 16, 2024 9:57 am

Hi,
I am on skilled worker visa and she is my dependent already. This is a visa extension for her.
yes both have similar visa expiry dates.
My husband is on ICT visa and If I change her as her dependent It might reset hr dependent status for ILR after 2.5 years ? not sure when the visa policies change

Thanks,
Madhu

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu May 16, 2024 11:28 am

doddalamadhulatha wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 9:57 am
Hi,
I am on skilled worker visa and she is my dependent already.
Children's visas are issued in a specific way - as mentioned in your response from UKVI,
You will be granted permission until the date of whichever of your parents’ permission ends first,
So even though you have a visa till 2026, if your spouse has a visa for less, she will be granted a visa that ends in line with your spouse visa (and vice versa).
doddalamadhulatha wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 9:57 am
If I change her as her dependent It might reset hr dependent status for ILR after 2.5 years ? not sure when the visa policies change
As far as I know, children settle when both parents settle. So once again, if you're settled and your spouse is not, child will not be granted ILR.

You might need to reconsider your overall visa situation. I don't know why your spouse is on ICT, as it does not have a direct path to ILR, as far as I know.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.