ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP - INCORRECT VISA TYPE after eVISA

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pray4all
India

URGENT HELP - INCORRECT VISA TYPE after eVISA

Post by pray4all » Tue May 14, 2024 10:23 pm

Dear Gurus,

I was issued 'Dependant Partner Leave to Remain' BRP this year in Jan'24 with validity until 31-12-2024. This was my last renewal (coming long way on Tier2 Skilled worker dependant route) before I apply for ILR in Dec'24.

Partner already has attained British citizenship (previously on Tier 2 General route 5 years & then ILR).

My BRP reflects correct status and the right to work previously used to reflect 'Dependent Partner' as well.

Recently I received eVisa related email & have done account setup...though it didnt ask for Immigration app login!

if I go to right to work site now, it says visa type/ Status as 'British National (Overseas) dependant'

I think it is incorrect unless 'Dependant Partner Leave to Remain' with British partner has been renamed to 'British National (Overseas) dependant'. Please advise what to do?

When I apply for ILR, will this affect my application? During ILR, will home office consider actual BRP or online status? I am very tense!

Thanks
Shiv

pray4all
India

Re: URGENT HELP - INCORRECT VISA TYPE after eVISA

Post by pray4all » Wed May 15, 2024 6:49 pm

Please can someone provide guidance on the query that I raised earlier?

I observed that post receiving of the email to setup account, the visa status type on the website is now mentioning my visa type as British National (overseas) dependant rather than 'Dependant Partner Leave to Remain'. BRP is correctly issued and so was the email from home office previously.

Does eVisa invalidate BRP? I mean BRP is still valid until dec'2024 even after eVisa?

I am thinking should I even register for eVisa because my ILR is due before dec'24.

I have just setup account login so far, haven't done verification through app.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 16, 2024 12:24 pm

pray4all wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 6:49 pm
Please can someone provide guidance on the query that I raised earlier?

I observed that post receiving of the email to setup account, the visa status type on the website is now mentioning my visa type as British National (overseas) dependant rather than 'Dependant Partner Leave to Remain'. BRP is correctly issued and so was the email from home office previously.

Does eVisa invalidate BRP? I mean BRP is still valid until dec'2024 even after eVisa?

I am thinking should I even register for eVisa because my ILR is due before dec'24.

I have just setup account login so far, haven't done verification through app.
This is a new service at fledgling stage and even long established processes from HO are known for their teething problems.

Fpuzhuth
Newly Registered
India

Post by Fpuzhuth » Thu May 30, 2024 10:29 pm

@All I faced the same issue. I am a dependent of a settled person (ILR) and my visa status as per BRP was 'Dependant Partner Leave to Remain' however after the evisa account creation the visa type has changed to Dependent of a British National (Overseas) which I am sure is wrong. Do you know how this issue can be resolved

Kash9393
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by Kash9393 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:22 pm

Hey did you figure out what to do ? My dependent has the same visa issue ?

Thanks !