ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application-Documents requried

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rexhyd
Newly Registered

ILR Application-Documents requried

Post by rexhyd » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:10 pm

Hi All,
Hope you are doing well!
We are about to submit our ILR application under 5 year Skilled worker visa route, using SET(O).
Date of Initial Application: 15.05.2019
Initial visa valid from: 13.06.2019 (we are basing on this date so eligible date is 17.05.2024, considering the 28 days in advance option)
We have filled in the application and the document checklist is as below:
Mandatory Documents:
  • 1) Passport of the Applicant
Other Documents:
  • 1) Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies for
    2) Declaration signed by Applicant to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks ​
    3)Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Applicant for joint accounts or third party support ​
    4) All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that Applicant has used to travel to or remain in the UK ​
    5)Current Biometric Residence Permit for Applicant ​
    6)Evidence of Applicant's immigration status in the UK ​
    7) Most recent payslip and bank or building society statement, dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application, showing the payment as shown on the payslip.
    8) Document from the sponsor who issued the certificate of sponsorship that led to the last permission to stay as a Tier 2 migrant, confirming employment requirements, current rate of pay, and confirmation that it meets or exceeds the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors.
Could you please clarify the below:
1) No proof of Education/English test asked. Is it because the NARIC certificate was submitted during the first application in May 2019?
2) What can be submitted for No.6 (Evidence of Applicant's immigration status in the UK). BRP proves the immigration status which has been mentioned under No.5.
3) Can we submit the application early and so that we book the appointment for 17th May, if available?

Thanks in Advance for your replies.

Regards,
RexHyd

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application-Documents requried

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:32 am

1. The main applicants under the skilled worker route do NOT need to prove their English language level for ILR
2. BRP is enough
3. Yes: How to apply early and benefit from the date of the ILR decision ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm

Hi Zimba,
Thanks for the reply.
Based on the link provided, we are already eligible to apply. I need to recheck the dependents application date to get ready. We will use the application date rather than visa approval date to apply in advance.

Thanks a ton.

Regards,
RexHyd

mastidl
India

Post by mastidl » Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 am

rexhyd wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:18 pm
Hi Zimba,
Thanks for the reply.
Based on the link provided, we are already eligible to apply. I need to recheck the dependents application date to get ready. We will use the application date rather than visa approval date to apply in advance.

Thanks a ton.

Regards,
RexHyd
I dont think we should use application date. The visa date either BRP or vignette should be used.
As per the calculation based on your visa approval date, you will be eligible from 16 May 2024.

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Thu May 02, 2024 12:10 pm

Thanks @mastidl.

rajatrrahudkar25
Newly Registered
India

Post by rajatrrahudkar25 » Fri May 03, 2024 1:54 pm

Hi rexhyd

Can you please advice if you have any format for below documents submitted
1) Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of paid annual leave from the UK and Crown Dependencies for
2) Declaration signed by Applicant to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks ​
3)Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Applicant for joint accounts or third party support ​

Regards
Raj

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Fri May 03, 2024 2:45 pm

Hi Raj,

1) I dont have a template handy but I remember seeing a post(pinned) which describes the format.Don't have the link but can search and add later.
2) & 3) are in the same document. This is available while filling the application. I cannot attach it here but google "UKVI Family consent pdf" and the first result is the link to the PDF.

Hope this helps.
Rex

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 03, 2024 3:39 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Thu May 16, 2024 8:56 pm

Hi All,
A query on the question "Date you first entered the UK". The explanation says " This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started"
The visa approved date was 13.06.2019 so we are using this date for the calculation. But the first entry to UK based on this visa is on 25.06.2019.
So If I enter 25.06.2019, I am eligible only from 28.05.2024.
Could you please provide clarity on this, if I can enter the date for this question as 25/06/2019 but I can still base my eligibility period from 13.06.2019?

Regards,
RH

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:46 pm

You can use the date when you actually entered the UK and still will be within the qualifying period, which is dictated by the visa issue date, so the application will proceed accordingly.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 17, 2024 1:09 am

rexhyd wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:56 pm
Hi All,
A query on the question "Date you first entered the UK". The explanation says " This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started"
The visa approved date was 13.06.2019 so we are using this date for the calculation. But the first entry to UK based on this visa is on 25.06.2019.
So If I enter 25.06.2019, I am eligible only from 28.05.2024.
Could you please provide clarity on this, if I can enter the date for this question as 25/06/2019 but I can still base my eligibility period from 13.06.2019?

Regards,
RH
The date of entry is irrelevant. The date you enter on the form is also irrelevant. That is not used to calculate your qualifying period as your qualifying period starts from first visa ISSUE date.

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Fri May 17, 2024 6:35 am

Thanks for the replies @Zimba and @lolo2.

Another query on absences.
The visa approval date was 13.06.2019 but travelled to UK from home country on 25.06.2019. Do I need to mention the dates from 13.06.2019 till 25.06.2019 as absence from UK?

Regards,
RH

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Apologies for my question.
The application says "Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?" for the section "Time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies". So since the first entry date on the current visa was on 25.06.2019, I don't think the period between 13.06.2019 till 25.06.2019 should be specifically shown as absence.

Hope my understanding is correct.

Regards,
RH

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri May 17, 2024 10:57 am

I think the question is self-explanatory: "Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?"

You need to put in here all the absences after you entered the UK, which is supported by submitting the stamped pages of the passport(s) in the period. Don't overthink about the difference between visa issue date and arrival date, that's irrelevant as advised above - no need to include this period.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 17, 2024 1:20 pm

rexhyd wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 6:35 am
Thanks for the replies @Zimba and @lolo2.

Another query on absences.
The visa approval date was 13.06.2019 but travelled to UK from home country on 25.06.2019. Do I need to mention the dates from 13.06.2019 till 25.06.2019 as absence from UK?

Regards,
RH
The absence between the first visa issue date and the first entry does not need to be declared

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Fri May 17, 2024 2:02 pm

Thanks All for the clarifications and guidance. :)
Application has been submitted with appointment in Luton for 25th May.

The wait starts now...

Regards,
RH